"The Originals" discussion

nausea

so we have "the originals" collection comming up
which will include popular older and limited edition "hits" products from the past such as , eyeshadows, lipsticks, lipglosses, pigments etc'..

for now it is PARROT eye shadow who appears to b in between its repromotions to all of you parrot lovers out there..
thmbup.gif

thats all the signs for now
keep update

HOTasFCUK

Thanks for the info & started this thread in the colour collections! I've been reading about this in some other threads started here but we need to have one official thread for it as soon as we get more info!!! Ohhhh i have high hopes for this collection!!!

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
According to xbrookecorex from another thread, this collection comes out on Dec 26th

WOW!!! MAC has been very top secret on this one!!!!

styrch

Anyone else a little skeptical about this simply because the only color that's been reported thus far is Parrot?

thelove4tequila

Am I the only one that's not crazy about Parrot? I rarely reach for mine. I dunno. Anyways I will die if they rerelease Coco Beach. I'm REALLY interested in this collection if they are bringing back old favorites. I can't wait for more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Am I the only one that's not crazy about Parrot? I rarely reach for mine. I dunno. Anyways I will die if they rerelease Coco Beach. I'm REALLY interested in this collection if they are bringing back old favorites. I can't wait for more information.

I think it can look nice, just not on me! I have the NYX Parrot dupe (Ocean) and... meh. I usually stick to neutrals, pinks and purples, some greens. Blue for me is just too much. I'm hoping for a Stereo Rose and Strawberry Blonde re-release!
smiles.gif

Juneplum

well, i just came back from seeing my ma's update book and i'm a little disappointed with the colors coming back in the originals.. i didn't get a chance to write all of them down but NO skinfinishes are being released with the collection..what they wanted to do is bring back some of the original colors from when MAC first started kinda like a back to our roots collection.. from what i remember it will be:

shadows
pigments
lipsticks
lipglasses
eyeliners
blush

i wrote down a few things:

shadows:
parrot
ochre style
a little folie
daisychain
memorabilia
clue
alum
charred
frisco

pigments:
kitschmas
violet
melon
golden olive
steel blue

lipsticks
sandy b.
rozz revival
chintz on chintz
russian red
twig twig
super sequin
nouveau frou
retro fluid
back to del rio
utter pervette

lipgloss
c-thru
full on lust
avarice
real desire
nico now

honestly, i stopped writing cos i was sad no skinfinishes
i'll get the full list with descriptions this weekend and post it..

styrch

Juneplum - Thank you for posting this.

After reading this, I think I'm far less excited about this collection than I thought I would be. I was hoping this would be sort of our collective "Dream Collection". Hopefully it'll start a trend though... it would be great if Mac released a "Most Lusted After" collection and included all of our wishlist LEs.

d_flawless

hmm...i don't even know any of the e/s you mentioned except ochre, but i am really excited for this collection.
mac has a loyal customer base and i think it's awesome of them to go "back" to their roots, i wonder if the packaging will be retro as well?

vickih

Kitchmas? again.. crap.
what about Coco? what about Coco beach? Not sure what MAC is doing...
so disappointing,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
well, i just came back from seeing my ma's update book and i'm a little disappointed with the colors coming back in the originals.. i didn't get a chance to write all of them down but NO skinfinishes are being released with the collection..what they wanted to do is bring back some of the original colors from when MAC first started kinda like a back to our roots collection.. from what i remember it will be:

shadows
pigments
lipsticks
lipglasses
eyeliners
blush

i wrote down a few things:

shadows:
parrot
ochre style
a little folie
daisychain
memorabilia
clue
alum
charred
frisco

pigments:
kitschmas
violet
melon
golden olive
steel blue

lipsticks
sandy b.
rozz revival
chintz on chintz
russian red
twig twig
super sequin
nouveau frou
retro fluid
back to del rio
utter pervette

lipgloss
c-thru
full on lust
avarice
real desire
nico now

honestly, i stopped writing cos i was sad no skinfinishes
i'll get the full list with descriptions this weekend and post it..

Weasel

have to say im disappointed with the list...
totally excited to get parrot, but... meh, I just thought they'd be including some awesome products, well at least I'll save money =]

breathless

okay, well, i'm guessing my money will go towards most of the holiday stuff then. =] i have all of those pigments, so, nothing exciting.
i have none of those e/s' though, so we'll see.

ledonatella

I'm sure some colors will be nice, but Ochre was a blah mustard-y color IIRC and Parrot I already have and use maybe 3 times a year, so no excitement there. The pigments are ones still available same with some of the lips and glosses. Unless ones titled like "retro fluid" are improvements on originals then those colors are not too too hard to find.

Cosmopolitics

Man, this could have been a total blow-my-socks-off collection by bringing back old favorites. Most of this list (minus Parrot) is kind of disappointing. I guess I got my hopes too high that they'd re-release Pink Poodle l/s with this collection
ssad.gif