"The Originals" discussion

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
well, i just came back from seeing my ma's update book and i'm a little disappointed with the colors coming back in the originals.. i didn't get a chance to write all of them down but NO skinfinishes are being released with the collection..what they wanted to do is bring back some of the original colors from when MAC first started kinda like a back to our roots collection.. from what i remember it will be:

shadows
pigments
lipsticks
lipglasses
eyeliners
blush

i wrote down a few things:

shadows:
parrot
ochre style
a little folie
daisychain
memorabilia
clue
alum
charred
frisco

pigments:
kitschmas
violet
melon
golden olive
steel blue

lipsticks
sandy b.
rozz revival
chintz on chintz
russian red
twig twig
super sequin
nouveau frou
retro fluid
back to del rio
utter pervette

lipgloss
c-thru
full on lust
avarice
real desire
nico now

honestly, i stopped writing cos i was sad no skinfinishes
i'll get the full list with descriptions this weekend and post it..

I do rememeber seeing of few of these names but these must be really old products for some of them, since I never heard quite a few names...
I am excited about Parrot of course, Ochre, which is exactly the same as the original and CLUE!!!
A lot of these products otherwise are permanent and seem to be repromoted as their most popular items: Russian Red, Sandy B., C-Thru, Kitschmas, ect...
No Pleasureflush...
ssad.gif

OH No! Those shades don't sound so exciting, I was hoping MAC would release some of the popular LE items released the past few years! Maybe if people e-mail and request other things, MAC would consider releasing some of the most wanted MSF's, Stereo Rose, So Ceylon and Coco Beach Pigment, etc. I think I will e-mail Mac and make some suggestions!!

foxyqt

hmm i dont recognize most of those names either =/ i'll be getting Parrot and Steel Blue piggie cuz we dont have a pro store in my country.. others i have to see first!

lian_qiu

Thank you so much for the list. Looks like I won't be getting everything. Still, very looking forward to this collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
well, i just came back from seeing my ma's update book and i'm a little disappointed with the colors coming back in the originals.. i didn't get a chance to write all of them down but NO skinfinishes are being released with the collection..what they wanted to do is bring back some of the original colors from when MAC first started kinda like a back to our roots collection.. from what i remember it will be:

shadows
pigments
lipsticks
lipglasses
eyeliners
blush

i wrote down a few things:

shadows:
parrot
ochre style
a little folie
daisychain
memorabilia
clue
alum
charred
frisco

pigments:
kitschmas
violet
melon
golden olive
steel blue

lipsticks
sandy b.
rozz revival
chintz on chintz
russian red
twig twig
super sequin
nouveau frou
retro fluid
back to del rio
utter pervette

lipgloss
c-thru
full on lust
avarice
real desire
nico now

honestly, i stopped writing cos i was sad no skinfinishes
i'll get the full list with descriptions this weekend and post it..

dangerousmuffins

I don't understand. I only recognize, e/s wise, Parrot and Clue. The rest of the shadows, I have never heard of them. I have a list of 682 MAC shadows. I thought I had the full list, maybe not.
Did they change the names, maybe??? Because there was an Ochre long ago, but now there is an Ochre Style?? Same thing with Folie???Hmmm..........

I'm very disappointed in this collection. I had such high hopes for them bringing back some really older pretty items.

mjalomo

I don't understand this collection. Every lipstick (except Rozz Revival) sounds like an update of a current lipstick. The lipglasses (except avarice) also match up with current shades on the pro site. The pigments are all current shades. The eyeshadows are very different names than the existing shades (with the exception of ochre, parrot, and folie) all sound new. Hmmm... I certainly hope we are not just getting slightly improved versions of what we can already buy.

starangel2383

i think the only thing i may get is one of the lipsticks because i dont have it and i have seen it on others and it looks great on them. so russian red may be the only thing i get and i will just look at everything else because my curiousity is peaked just barely. i have parrot and like others i barely have touched it but that might change, i have been playing some more lately with different looks.

me_jelly

For some reason I'm really dissappointed with the collection - like mentioned already, a lot of the stuff are still present in the current collection. I understand some have been around for quite a while and have done well, but still, I was hoping they'd bring back beloved LE items. Oh well.

Aprilrobin

Wow... I want... nothing.

That's OK, it's not like there aren't a bajillion other collections coming out in the next few months!

SMMY

Yes, I'm so disappointed. I might check some of the eye shadows but that's about it. Oh well, saved a bunch of green.

lah_knee

actually all the lipsticks that sound like current colors, are different from the ones we have. the lipsticks will all be lustres. except russian red and sandy b. and the colors are slightly different in tone than the orignal ones. utter pervette was wayyy prettier. and so was twig twig or whatever it was called.

also the shadows are better textured. the colors are a little different, like this folie is wayyy prettier. its like beautyburst. and this nico is wayyy prettier than the nasty nico we have. its more mauve and has no chunky ugly glitter in it. lol

parrot is the still the exact same color it was before though.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
All aboard the failboat.
Hmm, what color is Clue?

There's a pic of it up on Makeup Alley, it looks a bit like vex or crystal in the pan.. I've no idea how accurate that is though.

AudreyNicole

:scratches head: Hmmm, maybe some of these colors are older colors brough back with different names (i.e. Parrot/Kicky (not kinky
lol.gif
) Blue)? Hopefully they were just renamed!

mjalomo

So this isn't so much a "lets bring back the favorites" collection. It is more of a "let's fix the not so good product we are currently selling or have sold you" collection. I think reformulating shoudn't be neccessary. MAC needs to start taking more time to formulate product so that we have a quaity product. I am tired of hearing their new product is more pigmentd than what I own. I want great product in every collection. The fact that MAC has this outpouring of product troubles me.

foxyqt

what about the 'Authentics' collection coming out at Macy's? its coming out the same day {12/26} as the Originals.. are these the same? o_O

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
:scratches head: Hmmm, maybe some of these colors are older colors brough back with different names (i.e. Parrot/Kinky Blue)? Hopefully they were just renamed!

lmao.gif
I think you mean Kicky Blue?

I don't know why that made me laugh so much, but it's a great start to my day and I won't complain!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
lmao.gif
I think you mean Kicky Blue?

I don't know why that made me laugh so much, but it's a great start to my day and I won't complain!

Ok, I am as red-faced as it gets here now.
lol.gif
My appologies, MAJOR type-o! I swear, I am not a gutter minded individual
rofl.gif

HOTasFCUK

Wow what a disappointing collection! I don't want a single thing!!! I thought we get some really holy grail LE items like pigments or msf's.....