"The Originals" discussion

garnetmoon

as a new comer to MAC (just started w/ the BLM campaign) i really thought i would have the opportunity to pick up some of the older rare colors i missed out on in the past. unfortunately this is not the case...i'm VERY disappointed and
angry.gif
at MAC it's seems like there was hype for nothing. well at least i can get Parrot now. out side of that i don't think i want anything else. oh well back to ebay for me
ebay.gif

bartp

I don’t want to cast any doubt Juneplum’s information… but these things came to mind for me:
- the list is big… this would mean that the collection is almost larger than a Nordstrom Novel Twist for example.
- it makes me wonder :if the forum users would make a poll and there own list, what would we bring together???
- if we sound dissappointed at the list.. I’m just wondering if any MAC manager would read this, take note of it and change the list :)
- knowing MAC and how they like to make a big thing of things.. I would have expected a huge internet poll. Can you see us Mac Fans rallying up support for our favorite products!!!! I can see the voting frenzy now
- anyone want to join my study group so we can figure out what product comes from what collection??? I’ll sponsor the coffee and the doughnuts
- one last things… what strikes me is that we don’t yet know any details about collections like Antiquitease (no color names or descriptions) and yet they already spill information about The Originals.
- if you ask me, MAC is better at innovating than at repromoting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
well, i just came back from seeing my ma's update book and i'm a little disappointed with the colors coming back in the originals.. i didn't get a chance to write all of them down but NO skinfinishes are being released with the collection..what they wanted to do is bring back some of the original colors from when MAC first started kinda like a back to our roots collection.. from what i remember it will be:

shadows
pigments
lipsticks
lipglasses
eyeliners
blush

i wrote down a few things:

shadows:
parrot
ochre style
a little folie
daisychain
memorabilia
clue
alum
charred
frisco

pigments:
kitschmas
violet
melon
golden olive
steel blue

lipsticks
sandy b.
rozz revival
chintz on chintz
russian red
twig twig
super sequin
nouveau frou
retro fluid
back to del rio
utter pervette

lipgloss
c-thru
full on lust
avarice
real desire
nico now

honestly, i stopped writing cos i was sad no skinfinishes
i'll get the full list with descriptions this weekend and post it..

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
I don’t want to cast any doubt Juneplum’s information… but these things came to mind for me:
- the list is big… this would mean that the collection is almost larger than a Nordstrom Novel Twist for example.
- it makes me wonder :if the forum users would make a poll and there own list, what would we bring together???
- if we sound dissappointed at the list.. I’m just wondering if any MAC manager would read this, take note of it and change the list :)
- knowing MAC and how they like to make a big thing of things.. I would have expected a huge internet poll. Can you see us Mac Fans rallying up support for our favorite products!!!! I can see the voting frenzy now
- anyone want to join my study group so we can figure out what product comes from what collection??? I’ll sponsor the coffee and the doughnuts
- one last things… what strikes me is that we don’t yet know any details about collections like Antiquitease (no color names or descriptions) and yet they already spill information about The Originals.
- if you ask me, MAC is better at innovating than at repromoting.
[/size]

- I think it means sense to make this collection big, since the idea is very new and it's nothing like the stuff we had (ie: spring, fall, holiday collections etc)
- MAC probably determined the popularity of products by looking at sales records. Which items sell the most and fastest? It's way cheaper than doing a survey/poll.
- I think the reason they didn't want to release too much info on the holiday stuff, coz they want to maximise the initial "shock" effect when it's released. ie: "wow, that looks so pretty, I have to have it", but after you really think about, u probably realize it's not worth the money or u don't really need it.
- My theory for releasing the info on the originals collection early is probably they want to build up the hype around all the products we WANT to get repromoted. I mean look how crazy people got over Parrot and certain MSFs and pigments.

HTH
smiles.gif

lian_qiu

Also, I thought there was going to be blushes in this collection. Can anyone confirm this please? Thanks

MAC_Whore

I will reserve my judgement on this until I see it. It is so hard to tell until you see it in person. Until you feel and experience the products.

It seems to me that they are taking older colours and applying new technologies that may not have been realized or developed at the time of their original release to make them a better product. I am looking forward to seeing it.

MAC's raison d'etre is trend and this collection is mimicing what trends do. Trends often resurface, but are never really the same. They are reinvented. MAC is reinventing these colours to reflect a current feel (plus the benefit of better "technology" if you will).

I know for some it is disappointing, but for others who missed out the first time, it is a gold mine (pardon the eye shadow pun).

So many have been gagging for Parrot to come back. IMO, we asked and they listened. I'm thankful for that. (I'm also thankful that all of the vultures on ebay can no longer sell Parrot for $75).

I think the Rozz Revival sounds like it could be a Rizzo revamped. God, I hope so.

I know there aren't any skinfinishes, but we are due for some in Late Dec/Early Jan if their collection release pattern holds true. So hang tight and give The Originals a chance.
winks.gif

Randy Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
So this isn't so much a "lets bring back the favorites" collection. It is more of a "let's fix the not so good product we are currently selling or have sold you" collection. I think reformulating shoudn't be neccessary. MAC needs to start taking more time to formulate product so that we have a quaity product. I am tired of hearing their new product is more pigmentd than what I own. I want great product in every collection. The fact that MAC has this outpouring of product troubles me.

That's all well and good, but you can't have it both ways. "Reformulating shouldn't be necessary," but you want them to "start taking more time to formulate the product." It's not like MAC has spent the past 23 years making shoddy products and they just suddenly decided to get their act together and fix all the things they did wrong. They've been constantly improving their products. Would you rather they leave quality where it is and cease to innovate?

melliquor

I think the collection is completely disappointing. The piggies... we can get most of those colours already if not all of them. For the eyeshadows, i have never heard of any of them except for Parrot and I already have it. Mac could have really outdone themselves with this collection. I am so pissed off right now at Mac.

I wanted piggies like All Girl, Coco, Deckchair, Coco Beach and the older d/c ones.

MACForME

I totally agree with MAC_Whore's post. And its true that people are vultures when it comes to things like Parrot or Pleasureflush etc. I've been using MAC a really-long-time..and things really do seem to keep showing up, its just a matter of time.

Karen_B

I'm just surprised they aren't bringing back old LE or discontinued items, but rather repromoting things that are already available (as seems to be the case with pigments). It's not even about people who missed the first time getting a second chance to get popular items then.

Aerynna

I ADORE Sequin and Fluid lipsticks, so I was sooooooooo excited to see "new and improved" versions of the same, but Lustre? Pfft. I'm out.
weeping.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Well I for one have heard of a lot of these shades. For those of you who haven't but want to collect and lust after the collections of MAC Whore and others, you should be really happy that some of these shades are coming back. It gives you a chance to beef up your collection with oldies but goodies. Ochre was originally a screw top shadow.

Sure everyone wants Deckchair and Coco Beach, but those aren't even that old; they were just released a few years ago. The collection is called "The Originals" folks. And if you don't like the sound of it, there will be 82 more LE Collections to grab your attention this year, so no worries. I will say this, why "release" pigments that we already have? I guess just to show that they've been around a while? And which blushes are being released?!?! Please say Foolish Me and Reed, I need a backup of that.

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Well I for one have heard of a lot of these shades. For those of you who haven't but want to collect and lust after the collections of MAC Whore and others, you should be really happy that some of these shades are coming back. It gives you a chance to beef up your collection with oldies but goodies. Ochre was originally a screw top shadow.

Sure everyone wants Deckchair and Coco Beach, but those aren't even that old; they were just released a few years ago. The collection is called "The Originals" folks. And if you don't like the sound of it, there will be 82 more LE Collections to grab your attention this year, so no worries. I will say this, why "release" pigments that we already have? I guess just to show that they've been around a while? And which blushes are being released?!?! Please say Foolish Me and Reed, I need a backup of that.

I agree. While I am puzzled about the pigment thing, I am curious about the eyeshadows and will be excited to see them (and possibly purchase one, or all, of them, LOL!)

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
what about the 'Authentics' collection coming out at Macy's? its coming out the same day {12/26} as the Originals.. are these the same? o_O

the authentics are in a compact, kinda like the nordstrom exclusive face compact/palette things. it has:

uniquely you blush - deep coral with gold pearlized pigments - new LE
total bliss shadow - neutral beige w/ pink & white pearlized pigments - new LE
moss spot shadow - yellow olive green - new LE
blackberry shadow - muted burgundy-plum brown - perm color
213se brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
Also, I thought there was going to be blushes in this collection. Can anyone confirm this please? Thanks

sorry, no blushes. just:
lipsticks
lipglass
shadows
pigments
glitter
eye pencil - ebony, coffee, and indigo
mascara x
pro lash (asia only)

user79

I have heard quite a bit about Pervette, so am keen to see what that looks like.

But...WHYYYY do they keep repromoting Kitchmas?? It's such a horrible pigment, die already, die pigment!!!

talk2mesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the authentics are in a compact, kinda like the nordstrom exclusive face compact/palette things. it has:

uniquely you blush - deep coral with gold pearlized pigments - new LE
total bliss shadow - neutral beige w/ pink & white pearlized pigments - new LE
moss spot shadow - yellow olive green - new LE
blackberry shadow - muted burgundy-plum brown - perm color
213se brush

sorry, no blushes. just:
lipsticks
lipglass
shadows
pigments
glitter
eye pencil - ebony, coffee, and indigo
mascara x
pro lash (asia only)

what kind of glitter?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2mesun
what kind of glitter?

they are some of the new reflects glitter that are on the pro site right now:

blackened red
very pink
transparent teal
antique gold

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they are some of the new reflects glitter that are on the pro site right now:

blackened red
very pink
transparent teal
antique gold

So these will be available at all locations for a limited time with this collection like the PRO silver fog was with Smoke Signals?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
So these will be available at all locations for a limited time with this collection like the PRO silver fog was with Smoke Signals?

yeppers.