"The Originals" discussion

BloodMittens

I'm also wondering what the motif behind this is. Besides just to bring back some awesome colors. Maybe because MAC is looking at Ebay and seeing the prices?

Hmmm. Interesting.

Krasevayadancer

Saw the promo pic for this collection- its so funny. The pic is of an elderly woman decked out in what looked like 80's gear, and she was holding a frame around her face. Way to go mac for being creative!

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Saw the promo pic for this collection- its so funny. The pic is of an elderly woman decked out in what looked like 80's gear, and she was holding a frame around her face. Way to go mac for being creative!

Lol. When is MAC NOT creative?

I have to see this, and get the postcard
greengrin.gif

princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
I always look forward to the after Xmas collection from MAC but this year I think I'll be skipping it. There are no new colors in this collection, does MAC really find it necessary to have an entire collection of re-promotes?

I don't understand all of the excitement about parrot - how oftern can you really use aqua eyeshadow.

ITA with you, was hoping to see some new MSFs.
ssad.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:

That sounds so cute, I hope I get a postcard.

erine1881

Quote:

her name is zelda. she is a 91 years old, and is a ny socialite. she sleeps all day and goes to all the major parties at night. the grandmother in studio 54 is modeled after her.

originals.jpg

SMMY

Is it sad that the only two things I want from this collection so far are Parrot and the promotional card.
tong.gif

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreygirl
Zelda looks fab as usual, I'm looking forward to buying Parrot!

Same here.

I have never tried Parrot. So this will be interesting.

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Is it sad that the only two things I want from this collection so far are Parrot and the promotional card.
tong.gif

NO, it's not!! I wish my list was shorter. I want 1 l/s, 1 l/g and 6 e/s. And yea, the postcard too.

Hopefully the list will get shorter once I see swatches

i won't be in houston (my nearest mac) until the 28th. i DO still hope they have a parrot for me. i am not sure if i will get my hands on any holiday treats though
ssad.gif
boooo. if only mac were closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevalin
Maybe someday they'll have Auburn Matte Lipstick again. I loved that lipstick
weeping.gif

i think i have a tube of this.
my bf's sister had a load of mac she didn't want (i know, gasp!!!) and let me take what i wanted. if i remember correctly i took this. although you can tell i don't really use it much because i can't remember... i will check though.

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamscientist
i won't be in houston (my nearest mac) until the 28th. i DO still hope they have a parrot for me. i am not sure if i will get my hands on any holiday treats though
ssad.gif
boooo. if only mac were closer.

Maybe you can ring up and ask them to put one on hold?

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
NO, it's not!! I wish my list was shorter. I want 1 l/s, 1 l/g and 6 e/s. And yea, the postcard too.

Hopefully the list will get shorter once I see swatches

Unfortunately it will probably grow longer once I see the actual collection. It depends on what everything looks like. If they truly improve the quality of these renovated old products, then money will fly out of my purse.