The Real Housewives of Atlanta

HeavenLeiBlu

4idixf.jpg

TISH1124

I know right!! Just when we thought we were past the HOA ... I would like to say she is a real Attention Whore ..But I pray this is not true...Surely...Right??? That picture made me hollar!!!

carandru

LMAO!!! We already knew reality TV wasn't real, but stop playing!!! Public assistance after you just stunted your ass off to show how rich you are?
th_roll1.gif

jen77

Exclusive: Kandi Burruss joins 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta'

Mar 6, 2009, 03:44 PM | by Tanner Stransky
Categories: Casting, Television, TV Biz

kandiburruss_l.jpg
NeNe, Kim, Sheree, and Lisa, make room for one more! EW has learned exclusively that DeShawn Snow's replacement on Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta is Kandi Burruss, a singer-songwriter from the platinum-selling '90s R&B girl group Xscape (which also included sisters LaTocha and Tamika Scott, as well as Burruss' best friend Tameka "Tiny" Cottle).
Burruss is undeniably the most notable member from Xscape. Since the group parted ways in the late '90s, she had a somewhat successful solo singing career (her biggest hit: "Don't Think I'm Not") but has seen ever greater successes with songwriting. Along with Cottle (who's married to rap superstar T.I.), she wrote TLC's 1999 smash hit "No Scrubs." Burruss has also penned jams for Mariah Carey, Destiny's Child, Boyz II Men, Alicia Keys, and Faith Evans. The singer-songwriter has a daughter, 6-year-old Riley, from a previous relationship, and a boyfriend.
Burruss fills the spot vacated by DeShawn Snow, who is the wife of Cleveland Cavaliers NBA player and NBA TV announcer Eric Snow. She was known on the show for her ridiculously large house and extensive staff, as well as a rather poorly received fundraiser she threw for the DeShawn Snow Foundation, which helps teenage girls with self-esteem issues. When the news came out that Snow would not be joining Housewives for season 2, she was quoted on Essence.com as saying a producer called her "and said that I was 'too human for a circus show' and that because the show did so well, they are about to pump up the drama and they didn't think that I would fit in." Snow is now pursuing a degree in divinity.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta was Bravo's highest rated freshman series since Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, back in 2003. The series' first season was also the second highest rated Real Housewives season ever, behind only season 3 of The Real Housewives of Orange County. It averaged 1.3 million viewers per episode and scored the highest rated Real Housewives franchise telecast ever, with 2.2 million viewers.

ThePerfectScore

Oooh as you guys know I am from Atlanta and I love pointless realty tv shows. This has been pointed out on another thread: Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ Can I be honest ...Please don't take this offensively....But you Watch too much TV..or lack of substance TV ...

I'm sorta glad DeShawn is being replaced. She seems like a very sweet person, but a little too sweat for such a catty show like Real Housewives. Only the bitchy survive!
smiles.gif

ThePerfectScore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yeah but this one is ridiculous humor...It's good for a good laugh!!

I just find this highly ironic that we are so concerned about these women and their lives and they aren't even celebrities... where is their talent? We saw their little endeavors fail miserably. Funny how anyone can get "famous" now a days. But Hey like I said before I take it as entertainment. I like my mindless entertainment just as much as I love reading classical literature. And the real house wives of every city definitely qualify as mindless entertainment! Can someone tell me why these women are so addicting to watch? Bravo knows how to make a show!

TISH1124

I missed so many shows I had to get my info from here...The only excitement for me was watching who Nene was gone curse out.....LOL....she was "Say it Like it is" and kiss my ass if you don;t like it.....Oh...loved her!

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.Coppertone
Did Kim pose for Playboy yet? I heard she was.

I wonder if they gave her a different wig for the shoot?

Mizz.Coppertone

The Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kim Zolciak, may want to be a Playmate for Playboy, but a source says she hasn’t entered Hef’s Mansion yet. Zolciak told Paper magazine that she had been working on shooting a cover of Playboy and said, “I guess thirty ain’t that bad.”

The New York Daily however claims a source denied her photo gig at the Playboy mansion saying, “she’s not scheduled to appear in Playboy at this time.”
Zolciak has been unavailable for comment, but a representative for Playboy magazine said, “We never talk about who is and who isn’t posing for Playboy.”
Be sure to check out our Message Boards to discuss all your The Real Housewives of Atlanta info and for more reality TV information, go to SirLinksALot: Reality TV
Photo Credit: Bravo

LOL! Maybe shes lying again but who knows.

Half N Half

Anybody in here?! LOL

I just saw a preview for the new season and I think it actually looks like it's going to be pretty good.