Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Prettypackages

I've got a headache and haven't had a chance to read most of today's posts. Thanks everyone for helping me with project no ashy lids. Lol. I don't have that tough as taupe color tattoo, as I thought, but may have a taupe in the coastal scents revealed palette.
Feel better!

aradhana

OMG, I loved your WHOLE POST. LOL I was intently reading your Sephora story, and found myself laughing at myself at the end b/c I wanted to know 1. what you swatched 2. and what you chose. BUt yeah, she totally missed the point.
What you said about boyfriend stealer is spot on!! The gloss really helps that lippie. I wore Dominate today,and it is just not the lippie for me, for exactly the reasons you posted. I'm going to do a comparison. I also see I need to go through my purple vampy lipsticks. Cool toned vampy blackened purples are not for me. Looking at gunner nervously...

Yes Anneri, I meant to ask what a junk nail was.

Sage I loved your lip combo too. I had to bypass that whole gareth pugh collex.

1. framboise (bite beauty)*
  2. sucré (bite beauty)
  3. bauhau5 (kat von d)*
  4. lolita (kat von d)
  5. luv (kat von d)*
  6. cathedral (kat von d)
  7. gothica (kat von d)
  8. little pretty (marc jacobs)
  9. role play (marc jacobs)

asterisks next to what i bought (luv in liquid lipstick and bauhau5 in the ordinary one...) and i love all of them!!! i could easily go back and buy the rest of those on subsequent trips. and i might one day go for vampira, but i think that was not the ship that was sailing this week.
Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

If you want to see Marsala madness, have a look Med! I pulled out everything in my stash that could work:

i noticed this photo in the front of the gallery and had to comment on how great everything looks...it's almost like a photo from a fashion magazine...

Medgal07

Um... I don't know... but like you, Iove the randomness of google. Maybe it means the.... IDK... I really can't think of anything at the moment.

Oh thanks for the brown and gold tips... didn't even think of the greeny golds... That's a perfect explanation.

You know, you can totally do pink eyes and taupe lips... for taupe lips you can use Styled in Sepia, Riri Nude, Stone liner :)

Glad to hear about the interview, let us know how it goes...
Love those!!!!

Medgal07

Wednesday's PurpleBerryVamp Lip Look

EYES:
MAC Quite Natural PP as a base
MAC All Woman E/S Quad
All Woman- (Grey) e/s to lids
Black Magique- (Black) to crease & lower lash line

Brains & Brawn- (Midtone Taupe) to transition & blend
Flawless Figure-(Pale Warm Shimmering White) to highlight brow
Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick to upper lash line
MAC Fascination to waterline

FACE:
Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet Foundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MACProSculpting Cream,MAC Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ Guerlain Terra Cotta Bronzing Powder
Estée Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Modern Mercury (Rose Gold) to highlight facial high planes
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, Plum Attraction 63 (Burgundy)
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish-Natural Powder to set
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray
Givenchy Prisme Libre 7 Voile Rose lightly dusted over entire face

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
Chanel Rouge Noir, Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer, Burgundy

Dior Rouge Dior, Pied De Poule 977 (Burgundy)

NAILS:
Dior Rouge Garconne 943 (Dark Burgundy)

Medgal07

Thursday's PurpleBerryVamp Lip Look

EYES:
Tom FordE/S Quad Nude Dip - single shadow, Dark Taupe from lid to brow

FACE:
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MACProSculpting Cream,MAC Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ Guerlain Terra Cotta Bronzing Powder
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Pressed Opal (Soft Gold) to highlight facial high planes
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, Accent - 84 (Rosy Brown)

LIPS:
MAC Hautecore (Black) lipstick

NAILS:

Because I didn't think anyone would believe that Meddy actually wore black lipstick, against my better judgement I took a quick picture in my house, away from windows lest anyone
should peer in and see me. I have no plans to leave the house today.

Vineetha

EYES:

FACE:
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Pressed Opal (Soft Gold) to highlight facial high planes

LIPS:

NAILS:

Because I didn't think anyone would believe that Meddy actually wore black lipstick, against my better judgement I took a quick picture in my house, away from windows lest anyone

Love it on you Meddy!! You can really pull it off!!!!
heart.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie

EYES:

FACE:

LIPS:

NAILS:

GAH. DYING OF CHEEKBONE ENVY HERE!!!!! That look is just incredible on you. Very sophisticated, modern but not in that über-futuristic way that black lips can be. But seriously, your bone structure is incredible.

Although I haven't posted, I have been sticking to my commitment to mix up purples, berries and vamps this week. Here's today's look:

Face
UD Naked Skin 1.0
Hourglass Mineral Veil primer
Dior Star concealer 010
Chanel Ombres Contraste "Notorious" (to contour my otherwise invisible cheekbones and on either side of my nose)
Becca Beach Tint "Watermelon" (on the apples of cheeks and blended outward)
Tarte Cheek Stain "Flush" (dabbed on the centre of the cheeks)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder "Luminous Light" (along the cheekbones, nose, brow, chin)

Eyes
Mac Sugar Snack e/s (fresh pink- inner half of lids)
Guerlain Attrape Coeur palette
- mauve-pink applied to outer half of lid
- dark purple in outer V and crease
- highlight shade along brow bone
Mac Sushi Flower e/s (coral pink- applied on the outer eye, above the dark purple up to the brow bone and blended inward)
UD e/l "Perversion" (black black)
Hourglass Film Noir mascara

Lips
Guerlain Kiss Kiss l/s "Cherry Pink" (reddened berry)

The shade isn't totally dissimilar to "L'Heure Bleue", which I wore earlier in the week. LB is deeper and redder, plus the formula is more opaque.

Also this week, I've worn Mac Tribalist (I actually have it from its original release) and Nars Audacious lipstick in Angela (gorgeous pinky purple). I seriously have no idea how I'm going to fit all the shades I want in... I had said that I wasn't going to repeat brands, but forgot about that because I so wanted to try out Cherry Pink.

aradhana

I got inspired by your comment about pink eyes, so I'm trying it out today. Well, pink and purple shades at least. I swear I'm the only person who seems to enjoy wearing pink shadows. (Or at least, the only pale person.)

GAH. DYING OF CHEEKBONE ENVY HERE!!!!! That look is just incredible on you. Very sophisticated, modern but not in that über-futuristic way that black lips can be. But seriously, your bone structure is incredible.

Although I haven't posted, I have been sticking to my commitment to mix up purples, berries and vamps this week. Here's today's look:

Face
UD Naked Skin 1.0
Hourglass Mineral Veil primer
Dior Star concealer 010
Chanel Ombres Contraste "Notorious" (to contour my otherwise invisible cheekbones and on either side of my nose)
Becca Beach Tint "Watermelon" (on the apples of cheeks and blended outward)
Tarte Cheek Stain "Flush" (dabbed on the centre of the cheeks)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder "Luminous Light" (along the cheekbones, nose, brow, chin)

Eyes
Mac Sugar Snack e/s (fresh pink- inner half of lids)
Guerlain Attrape Coeur palette
- mauve-pink applied to outer half of lid
- dark purple in outer V and crease
- highlight shade along brow bone
Mac Sushi Flower e/s (coral pink- applied on the outer eye, above the dark purple up to the brow bone and blended inward)
UD e/l "Perversion" (black black)
Hourglass Film Noir mascara

Lips
Guerlain Kiss Kiss l/s "Cherry Pink" (reddened berry)

The shade isn't totally dissimilar to "L'Heure Bleue", which I wore earlier in the week. LB is deeper and redder, plus the formula is more opaque.

Also this week, I've worn Mac Tribalist (I actually have it from its original release) and Nars Audacious lipstick in Angela (gorgeous pinky purple). I seriously have no idea how I'm going to fit all the shades I want in... I had said that I wasn't going to repeat brands, but forgot about that because I so wanted to try out Cherry Pink.
i like the sound of your eye look, especially the placement of sushi flower. must have looked good!

meka72

Still have my headache :( Thanks for the well wishes ladies! Medgal, you look great! I saw someone mention Mac Supperwatt as a taupe and I have that! I don't think that I get much color from it just glitter. I'll play with it this weekend. ETA: I wore Violetta today. I may wear Gunner to work tomorrow. If not, I'll wear Heroine.

Anneri

EYES:

FACE:

LIPS:

NAILS:

I agree that you're looking fabulous with Hautecore!!!

Ok, two very different looks. Yesterday I took half a day off and went to the christmas market with hubby after we did our christmas shopping, and I went for something completely else in my look, but I nevertheless liked how it looked (and it was hubby approved. He liked the eyes especially.) Well, anyways, I planned to do some warm reddish eyelook with a warm red lip. Then I did the eyes and it became glaringly clear that the lip wasn't going to happen, I was completely stumped for ideas and then I did the craziest thing. I wore VG Rihanna 2 over EL Wine pencil and it became a slightly frosty brown berry colour. I liked it. Very unusual, but nice.

FACE: Mac CC cream in Adjust, Mineralize Loose Foundation in Light, Artdeco Mineral Concealer & Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Perfect Topping to highlight, Strada to contour, Clinique Black Honey blush

EYES: UDPP, Maybelline Browdrama (darkest colour), Kiko e/s in 213 (that's the Marsala colour. A pic of it is floating around in this thread somewhere) all over the lid, Espresso in the crease and kid as a transition colour. Orb to highlight and Clinique lash doubling mascara.

LIPS: Mac VG Rihanna 2 over EL Wine lip pencil.

Today I had only really limited time to do my mu so I did the taupe eye and berry vampy lips thing.

FACE: same as above, but with Lightscapade and Burberry Cameo blush. Had totally forgotten how much I love this.
EYES: same as above, but with Nars Lhasa all over and a bit of Typographic to make it a bit smokier. Could have used a pop of colour on the lid.
LIPS: Here's where the drama started.
I so wanted to wear my YSL Glossy Stain in Violet Illusion, BUT! I applied it like I always do with the Glossy Stains (first one very thin coat, let it dry, apply another slightly thicker one) and it became horrible patchy. I had no time to remove it, dashed out of the door and was terribly self-conscous for the rest of the day (no other lip product could be unearthed from the depth of my handbag. Must have been a first.). Any ideas what happened? I never experienced that before whe wearing the Glossy Stains, I wore the coral one to my wedding last year and it was completely fine for the whole day. Maybe wearing Prep&Prime under it? Really, I was so disappointed!!!

Prettypackages

Do so! We'll have fun with makeup and go to the christmas market and drink lots of Glühwein.
greengrin.gif

Thank you Aradhana. I was in the process of writing a blogpost (points discreetly to signature) so I pulled everything out.

I agree that you're looking fabulous with Hautecore!!!

Ok, two very different looks. Yesterday I took half a day off and went to the christmas market with hubby after we did our christmas shopping, and I went for something completely else in my look, but I nevertheless liked how it looked (and it was hubby approved. He liked the eyes especially.) Well, anyways, I planned to do some warm reddish eyelook with a warm red lip. Then I did the eyes and it became glaringly clear that the lip wasn't going to happen, I was completely stumped for ideas and then I did the craziest thing. I wore VG Rihanna 2 over EL Wine pencil and it became a slightly frosty brown berry colour. I liked it. Very unusual, but nice.

FACE: Mac CC cream in Adjust, Mineralize Loose Foundation in Light, Artdeco Mineral Concealer & Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Perfect Topping to highlight, Strada to contour, Clinique Black Honey blush

EYES: UDPP, Maybelline Browdrama (darkest colour), Kiko e/s in 213 (that's the Marsala colour. A pic of it is floating around in this thread somewhere) all over the lid, Espresso in the crease and kid as a transition colour. Orb to highlight and Clinique lash doubling mascara.

LIPS: Mac VG Rihanna 2 over EL Wine lip pencil.

Today I had only really limited time to do my mu so I did the taupe eye and berry vampy lips thing.

FACE: same as above, but with Lightscapade and Burberry Cameo blush. Had totally forgotten how much I love this.
EYES: same as above, but with Nars Lhasa all over and a bit of Typographic to make it a bit smokier. Could have used a pop of colour on the lid.
LIPS: Here's where the drama started.
I so wanted to wear my YSL Glossy Stain in Violet Illusion, BUT! I applied it like I always do with the Glossy Stains (first one very thin coat, let it dry, apply another slightly thicker one) and it became horrible patchy. I had no time to remove it, dashed out of the door and was terribly self-conscous for the rest of the day (no other lip product could be unearthed from the depth of my handbag. Must have been a first.). Any ideas what happened? I never experienced that before whe wearing the Glossy Stains, I wore the coral one to my wedding last year and it was completely fine for the whole day. Maybe wearing Prep&Prime under it? Really, I was so disappointed!!!
Very nice!
I LOVE Gluhwein... I made a very basic version for my family last Txgiving.
When does the blog go live? It looks like it is going to be really nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

^^love the black lipstick and love the dimension on your face. The high planes come into focus immediately.
Agreed, this is gorgeous Meddy.
because of you, I tried it today with Magnetic Appeal and my Laura mecier fan brush... um, it didn't show up. LOL But your look is gorgeous!

aradhana

Well, for me taupe is a mix of purple, brown and grey, so I just threw in Cloudy Afternoon!
girlhaha.gif
that reminds me i need to go through my stuff now that i'm home and find those taupes!

the lip look you did sounds very nice. i like the idea of layering the current viva glam with other shades, especially since it's so frosty. seems appropriate with the wine tones...

oh, and i was curious about art deco - is that a german brand, or something we north americans have access to as well?

Medgal07

i have done something similar with a brightly coloured lipstick - my cats are white and fluffy...they were unimpressed with the lip marks in their fur!

hope your headache goes away soon. i occasionally have headaches that don't go away after sleeps and stuff and i don't really know how to treat them.
i ordered a gunner - it arrives on monday. looking forward to that!

that reminds me i need to go through my stuff now that i'm home and find those taupes!

the lip look you did sounds very nice. i like the idea of layering the current viva glam with other shades, especially since it's so frosty. seems appropriate with the wine tones...

oh, and i was curious about art deco - is that a german brand, or something we north americans have access to as well?
Cats are just cool...not much phases them.
I just came across another Taupe ----MAC Metal X Cream Shadow, Palladium (Taupe)

aradhana

so i went through my stuff and listed the taupes:

1. museum bronze pigment
  2. sweet sienna pigment
  3. prepped for glamour
  4. satin taupe
  5. moth brown
  6. groundcover
  7. groundwork paint pot
  8. copperplate
  9. magnetic fields
  10. quarry
  11. french grey
  12. winterized
  13. frost at midnight
  14. cloudy afternoon
  15. clarity
  16. bossa blue
  17. until dawn
  18. night manoeuvres
  19. stolen moment
  20. silver dawn
  21. superwatt
  22. it's physical fluid line
  23. solar bits - impassioned
  24. solar bits - black ore
  25. illamasqua empowered palette
  26. illamasqua complement palette
  27. the balm nude 'tude palette (sophisticated, selfish)
  28. l'oreal infallible eyeshadow in bronze taupe
  29. joe fresh eyeshadow - bronze
  30. makeup for ever aqua cream 15

also, i was wondering whether any of the shades in the lady grey palette or the all woman palette would classify as taupe? it's too dark here for me to have a proper opinion at the moment!

so i guess i am set for a whole month. i guess if i blend other shades in there i won't get bored. some of my taupes are blue, some beige, some purpley...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Have to head out shortly, but I thought I'd attempt a list of my taupes to join in the fun!

Mac
Satin Taupe (I actually have 2- one single and one in a palette)
Keep Your Cool (I think this is a dark taupe)
Cloudy Afternoon
Silver Birch (could be called grey or taupe)
Innuendo
Mothbrown
Tailor Grey
Camel Coat
Hypnotizing
Hazy Day
Remotely Grey
Fall in Lust

Nars
Ashes to Ashes
Grand Palais (grey taupe shade in duo)
Lhasa

Rouge Bunny Rouge
Bohemian Waxwing
Rain Dove
Solstice Halcyon
Sweet Dust Seriema
Chronos palette
Eclipse Eagle

Chanel
Harmonies du Soir
Fauve
Hasard
Notorious (works as an eye shadow as well as a contour)

Others
Chantecaille- Sel
Burberry- Pale Barley
Guerlain- Les Fumes
Guerlain- Les Bois de Rose
Le Metier de Beauté Corinthian
LMdB Icon
UD Factory/ Mugshot/ Darkside (Naked 3)
YSL Saharienne
Armani ETK Rose Popilla (hard to categorize, but base is definitely taupe-ish)
Armani ETK Pulp Fiction (pulls more grey on me, but I've heard it described as taupe)
Hourglass Suede
Edward Bess Storm

There are probably more kicking around, especially in palettes where I tend to forget individual shades, but these are the ones I can
I also just realized that I hadn't counted my pigments.