Theme Makeup with a Purpose

sagehen

I just came to confess that I had a terrible no good very bad day and on the way home I bought 3 eyeshadow palettes: 2 MAC and 1 KvD.

sagehen

It did help, @katred. Now what would bring me all the way back to life would be if someone could tell me what kids movie the terrible (or is it horrible ) no good very bad day comes from. I have been saying it since I was a kid but now I don't remember from whence it came. I will have 2 check my new palettes for taupe representation tomorrow.

Medgal07

so i went through my stuff and listed the taupes:

1. museum bronze pigment
  2. sweet sienna pigment
  3. prepped for glamour
  4. satin taupe
  5. moth brown
  6. groundcover
  7. groundwork paint pot
  8. copperplate
  9. magnetic fields
  10. quarry
  11. french grey
  12. winterized
  13. frost at midnight
  14. cloudy afternoon
  15. clarity
  16. bossa blue
  17. until dawn
  18. night manoeuvres
  19. stolen moment
  20. silver dawn
  21. superwatt
  22. it's physical fluid line
  23. solar bits - impassioned
  24. solar bits - black ore
  25. illamasqua empowered palette
  26. illamasqua complement palette
  27. the balm nude 'tude palette (sophisticated, selfish)
  28. l'oreal infallible eyeshadow in bronze taupe
  29. joe fresh eyeshadow - bronze
  30. makeup for ever aqua cream 15

also, i was wondering whether any of the shades in the lady grey palette or the all woman palette would classify as taupe? it's too dark here for me to have a proper opinion at the moment!

so i guess i am set for a whole month. i guess if i blend other shades in there i won't get bored. some of my taupes are blue, some beige, some purpley...
I totally forgot about Moth Brown, Copperplate & Stolen Moment!!! I'll list mine on Saturday---it's been a long day
thud.gif

Brains & Brawn- (Midtone Taupe) in the All Woman quad
Camo (Muted Grayish Taupe) in the MAC Carine RoitfeldJungle CamouflagePalette

katred

Specktra Bestie
It did help, @katred. Now what would bring me all the way back to life would be if someone could tell me what kids movie the terrible (or is it horrible ) no good very bad day comes from. I have been saying it since I was a kid but now I don't remember from whence it came. I will have 2 check my new palettes for taupe representation tomorrow.
It was a children's book: Alexander and the terrible horrible no good very bad day. He's having a rotten time and keeps responding to his problems by saying "I think I'll move to Australia"

Anneri

I totally forgot about Moth Brown, Copperplate & Stolen Moment!!! I'll list mine on Saturday---it's been a long day
thud.gif

Brains & Brawn- (Midtone Taupe) in the All Woman quad
Camo (Muted Grayish Taupe) in the MAC Carine RoitfeldJungle CamouflagePalette

Ooooooooh yes. And it was a long week too. So happy it's Saturday and a mainly work-free week begins for me! Now I've just to wrap up all presents, clean the whole flat, pack my bags and go home on Tuesday!

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

It was a children's book: Alexander and the terrible horrible no good very bad day.

He's having a rotten time and keeps responding to his problems by saying "I think I'll move to Australia"
So funny, I don't know the book, but when I went to school I said that to, all the time! It's even in the yearbook - 'most likely to move to Australia'!!!!
greengrin.gif

Medgal07

Thank you Pretty! The blog is already live (the Marsala post should be up too) since last week (the link should take you directly to the blog now), the whole site will be hopefully live in Jan/Feb. We wanted to be live much earlier, but there's so much yet to do!
thud.gif

Artdeco is indeed a German brand. There're slowly branching out though and you can already get them in store in the UK. In North America, you can get them via Beautybay! Are you interested in a particular product or just curious in general? I've to admit that I don't own anything by them... *blushes* Their pricing is a bit unfortunate as they're nearly as expensive as Mac over here but without the allure, plus they're often sold at drugstores or department stores.

Good idea to layer it over lipstick! I was afraid that would make it feel gloopy on the lips, but I'll try it soon!

Awwwww Sage! Hope you're feeling better right now and are enjoying those new palettes!

Ooooooooh yes. And it was a long week too. So happy it's Saturday and a mainly work-free week begins for me! Now I've just to wrap up all presents, clean the whole flat, pack my bags and go home on Tuesday!

So funny, I don't know the book, but when I went to school I said that to, all the time! It's even in the yearbook - 'most likely to move to Australia'!!!!
greengrin.gif
lol.gif

Medgal07

Friday's PurpleBerryVamp Lip Look

EYES:
MAC Quite Natural PP as a base
MAC Tempting single shadow, from lid to just beneath brow
Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick to highlight brow & inner corners
Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick to upper lash line

FACE:
Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Perfection Lumiére Foundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MACProSculpting Cream,MAC Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ Guerlain Terra Cotta Bronzing Powder
Bobby Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, Plum Attraction(Burgundy)
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish-Natural Powder to set
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray
Givenchy Prisme Libre 7 Voile Rose lightly dusted over entire face

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
Plum Variation Aqua Crayon Lip Colour 21
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Grenat Satisfaction (Burgundy) 206

NAILS:
Dior Rouge Garconne 943 (Dark Burgundy)

Medgal07

Saturday's PurpleBerryVamp Lip Look

EYES:
MAC Quite Natural PP as a base
MAC Tempting single shadow, from lid to just beneath brow
Estée Lauder Heat Wave (Pale Gold Champagne) to highlight brow & inner corners
Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick to upper lash line

FACE:
Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Perfection Lumiére VelvetFoundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MACProSculpting Cream,MAC Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ Guerlain Terra Cotta Bronzing Powder
Estée Lauder Heat Wave (Pale Gold Champagne) to highlight facial high planes
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, Jersey (Mauve)
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish-Natural Powder to set
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray
Givenchy Prisme Libre 7 Voile Rose lightly dusted over entire face

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
NARS Train Bleu lip pencil
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Grenat Satisfaction (Burgundy) 206
Tom Ford Black Dahlia

NAILS:
Dior Rouge Garconne 943 (Dark Burgundy)

sagehen

Too many to multiquote! I need to see if I got that All Woman quad. I declare it should have been getting more love from me. I skipped it then I think I got it at the CCO. (off to search - I need an inventory document for real) Thanks ladies for your well wishes. I think it's just a bad reaction to the cold weather I have not had an asthma flare up since I left the east coast. I just do not look forward to the meds. Here's hoping my retail therapy did the trick. I will let y'all know when I have on a face lol.

Medgal07

Thanks ladies for your well wishes. I think it's just a bad reaction to the cold weather I have not had an asthma flare up since I left the east coast. I just do not look forward to the meds. Here's hoping my retail therapy did the trick. I will let y'all know when I have on a face lol.
I hope you find it Sage. I reach for All Woman quite often---it's just an easy palette to wear.

girlhaha.gif
to you having your face on!!!

meka72

I hate to hear that you had a bad day, Sage. I hope that the eyeshadow palettes and yesterday being a Friday helped you feel better when you got home. I hope today is a better day!
I just came to confess that I had a terrible no good very bad day and on the way home I bought 3 eyeshadow palettes: 2 MAC and 1 KvD.

meka72

I went through my stash and wanted to list my taupe eyeshadows. It may give the extensive lists here a run for the money: 1. Superwatt 2. Matte taupe in coastal scents revealed palette 3. Shimmer taupe in coastal scents revealed palette I know that was a lot to read. Lol. I'm going to pick up Satin Taupe and Nars Lhasa or Ashes to Ashes in the coming days. I realized that I've been looking at those Nars shadows for awhile but never pulled the trigger. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

meka72

Thanks Meddy! I feel a little better. When my headache goes away, I think "yay, it is gone" and then it comes right back. lol. Luckily it isn't that bad right now. Just nagging. Are you ready for the holidays? I think that I read that you celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas? I apologize if I have that wrong. Does your family have big celebrations? I'm supposed to travel to spend the holidays with my family. We are usually low key except we drink mimosas as soon as we get up with kids and are usually drunk by 9am. And by "we", I mean my sister and me. Everyone else drinks moderately. Lol.
   [COLOR=800000]I hope you're feeling better, Meka!!!![/COLOR]