Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

Yes! I have been reborn!
lmao.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I went through my stash and wanted to list my taupe eyeshadows. It may give the extensive lists here a run for the money: 1. Superwatt 2. Matte taupe in coastal scents revealed palette 3. Shimmer taupe in coastal scents revealed palette I know that was a lot to read. Lol. I'm going to pick up Satin Taupe and Nars Lhasa or Ashes to Ashes in the coming days. I realized that I've been looking at those Nars shadows for awhile but never pulled the trigger. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
All three are must-haves IMO. They're complex enough the you can wear them on their own, or you can combine them with almost anything, because of their various undertones. Today's look: Eyes: Dior Cuir Cannage (played with different placement, although I still used all five shades) UD e/l Rockstar (dark shimmery purple) Hourglass Film Noir mascara Cheeks: Hourglass Mood Exposure (warm plum- this blush is my new love. I can't get over how much I like it one my skin.) Hourglass Diffused Light (white with a touch of yellow) Lips Rouge d'Armani Sheer 602 Black Lacquer (sheer grape) I had intended to go the whole week without repeating a brand, but this is the second day in a row I wore Armani. Oops. I'm now realizing I have only one day left and about fifty shades I want to include. I have brunch with my inlaws tomorrow, so I can't go as crazy as I otherwise might. Probably no vamps.

sagehen

:haha: [COLOR=800000]I don't want to have to buy anymore taupe eyeshadow unless someone (side eye at Anneri) unless someone identifies one that's a must-have!![/COLOR] [COLOR=800000]      We're having a great weekend thanks, and hope you're able to get rid of that nagging headache to enjoy your's too!![/COLOR]    [COLOR=800000]I am totally ready for the holidays.  You are correct--we do celebrate Hanukkah which is in full swing--we had our candle lighting for the evening and will be[/COLOR] [COLOR=800000]   having dinner soon.  [/COLOR][COLOR=800000]It's more work for me when the two holidays intercept, but somehow I manage to get it all done.  I enjoy it immensely, and yes, we go[/COLOR] [COLOR=800000]   all out.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=800000]  [/COLOR]:haha: [COLOR=A52A2A]​[/COLOR][COLOR=800000]Oh I'm coming to your place for Mimosas!!!  That sounds really good!!![/COLOR] Quote:    :lmao:  
@meka72: drunk on mimosas? Girrrl... Today's face: FACE: silica powder/aloe vera primer Stila Natural Finish Oil Free foundation, H MAC Studio Finish concealer, NW40 under eyes, L'Oreal True Match pencil elsewhere silica powder to set concealer MAC Select Finish loose powder, NC 50 MAC powder blush, Animal Instincts EYES: WnW Fergie eye primer, shimmer WnW e/s quint, Melrose at Night browbone shade on lid, lid shade on crease, definer to deepen outer v MAC kohl pecil, Feline, on top lash line Maybelline One by One mascara, blackest black Anastasia Dip Brow, Dark Brown LIPS: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick, Aria

meka72

Yes, drunk off mimosas. That's my drink of choice if I don't want to drink anything too strong but feel "nice." Otherwise, it is vodka and raspberry lemonade at home or jack Daniels and sprite when I'm out. ETA: I wore revlon shameless lip stick yesterday instead of gunner or heroine. What's next week color?

Medgal07

I had intended to go the whole week without repeating a brand, but this is the second day in a row I wore Armani. Oops. I'm now realizing I have only one day left and about fifty shades I want to include. I have brunch with my inlaws tomorrow, so I can't go as crazy as I otherwise might. Probably no vamps.
I love that CC palette!! I've heard all good things about HME.
This color week zipped right by. I could go an entire month w/ease in terms of my stash---I think I'd start longing for other colors 1/2 way through.
You mean to tell me you wouldn't wear Hautecore to you ILs.
girlhaha.gif
Nor would I!!!

sagehen

Yes, drunk off mimosas. That's my drink of choice if I don't want to drink anything too strong but feel "nice." Otherwise, it is vodka and raspberry lemonade at home or jack Daniels and sprite when I'm out. ETA: I wore revlon shameless lip stick yesterday instead of gunner or heroine. What's next week color?
Now, I like the other two drinks you mentioned...Oh before I forget the last row of the MAC Cool Neutrals x15 palette is a taupe wonderland. IJS. You know they have lowered the price too... next week is pinks, no?

Medgal07

Color of the Week - I expect to throw in a red for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
December 22 - 28Pinks/Mauves
MAC
All Fired Up (Bright Fuchsia) Retro Matte
Angel (Soft Pink)
Candy Yum-Yum (Neon Pink)
Daddy’s Little Girl (Mid-tone Pink Violet)Archie’s Girls Collection
Dear Diary (Bright Neon Pink)
Divine Choice (Midtonal Cool Pink Cream) Mineralize

Embrace Me (Bright Fuchsia Cream) Fashion Sets 2013
Girl About Town (Bright Blue Fuchsia)
Girl Next Door (Vivid Blue-Pink, Lustre) Archie’s Girls Collection

Glamapuss (Soft Mauve)
Haute Altitude (Midtone Blue Pink)

Heart to Heart (Mid-tone Yellow-Pink)
Impassioned (Amped-Up Fuchsia)
Innocence Beware (Light Pink)
Kinda Sexy (Neutral Pinky-Rose)

Kelly Yum Yum (Bright Blue Pink) Satin
CHANEL
Craquante (Luminous Pink) 146
Le Baiser (Hot Pink) 54
Viva (Intense Fuchsia) 95
DIOR
Darling (Pink) 775
Deauville (Pink) 671

meka72

Thanks Katred! Now that I feel more comfortable with applying and wearing eyeshadow, I think I could pull off the right shade of taupe. I'll test the Nars shadows to ensure they don't look alike on my kids but otherwise, I'll probably pick them up before January 1. I love Cuir Cannage! I might pull it out next week. Love your entire look!
All three are must-haves IMO. They're complex enough the you can wear them on their own, or you can combine them with almost anything, because of their various undertones. Today's look: Eyes: Dior Cuir Cannage (played with different placement, although I still used all five shades) UD e/l Rockstar (dark shimmery purple) Hourglass Film Noir mascara Cheeks: Hourglass Mood Exposure (warm plum- this blush is my new love. I can't get over how much I like it one my skin.) Hourglass Diffused Light (white with a touch of yellow) Lips Rouge d'Armani Sheer 602 Black Lacquer (sheer grape) I had intended to go the whole week without repeating a brand, but this is the second day in a row I wore Armani. Oops. I'm now realizing I have only one day left and about fifty shades I want to include. I have brunch with my inlaws tomorrow, so I can't go as crazy as I otherwise might. Probably no vamps.

meka72

Sage, I love how varied your makeup stash is. I have a Wnw palette that I've never used. Maybe I'll pull that out tomorrow and experiment. I need to research the cool-neutral palette that you mentioned. I said that I could buy anymore eyeshadow palettes in 2014. Yeah...I'm buying the UD smoked palette because it is $20 on UD's website. How can I NOT buy that?
@meka72: drunk on mimosas? Girrrl... Today's face: FACE: silica powder/aloe vera primer Stila Natural Finish Oil Free foundation, H MAC Studio Finish concealer, NW40 under eyes, L'Oreal True Match pencil elsewhere silica powder to set concealer MAC Select Finish loose powder, NC 50 MAC powder blush, Animal Instincts EYES: WnW Fergie eye primer, shimmer WnW e/s quint, Melrose at Night browbone shade on lid, lid shade on crease, definer to deepen outer v MAC kohl pecil, Feline, on top lash line Maybelline One by One mascara, blackest black Anastasia Dip Brow, Dark Brown LIPS: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick, Aria
Now, I like the other two drinks you mentioned...Oh before I forget the last row of the MAC Cool Neutrals x15 palette is a taupe wonderland. IJS. You know they have lowered the price too... next week is pinks, no?

sagehen

Sage, I love how varied your makeup stash is. I have a Wnw palette that I've never used. Maybe I'll pull that out tomorrow and experiment. I need to research the cool-neutral palette that you mentioned. I said that I could buy anymore eyeshadow palettes in 2014. Yeah...I'm buying the UD smoked palette because it is $20 on UD's website. How can I NOT buy that?
A nice taupe in the Silent Treatment trio. That is all. I bought the UD palette as well. For that reason, I had 2 of the shades, but $20? I mean, what could I do?

meka72

Medgal, thanks for reminding me next week's theme! Like you, I will wear red on Christmas day, probably Guerlain Rouge Parade or Mac RiRi Woo. But then KVD Underage Red is another fave.

Medgal07

Meka, I was thinking the same thing. Sage has products I've never heard of, and a very diverse stash too!! Then again, I find that about you too Meka!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

Now, I like the other two drinks you mentioned...Oh before I forget the last row of the MAC Cool Neutrals x15 palette is a taupe wonderland. IJS. You know they have lowered the price too...

next week is pinks, no?
YES. You're correct!!

meka72

I'm going to check out cvs and Walgreens for this, tomorrow or Monday.
A nice taupe in the Silent Treatment trio. That is all. I bought the UD palette as well. For that reason, I had 2 of the shades, but $20? I mean, what could I do?

Medgal07

Medgal, thanks for reminding me next week's theme! Like you, I will wear red on Christmas day, probably Guerlain Rouge Parade or Mac RiRi Woo. But then KVD Underage Red is another fave.
thmbup.gif
I'm wearing a winter white outfit Christmas Day and I think Rouge Parade definitely fits the bill for setting it off nicely. You could wear one Christmas Eve & the other Christmas day.