Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Anneri

@aradhana, I'm sure that after a rough start the new year will hold many wonderful surprises for you! See it that way, the worst is already behind you!
th_hug.gif

I managed a face today. (Feeling like Tina Fey at the Globes - 'three hours after which I look like a human woman' - but it's rather half an hour
cutey.gif
)

FACE: Bourjois CC cream in Ivory, Chanel Les Beiges Powder in No 20, Mac Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel to highlight, Mac Have a lovely day as blush, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Maybelline brow gel

EYES: UPDD, Chanel Stylo e/s in Moon River, Sephora 12hr contour eye pencils in Roof Top Party (lower lashline) & Good Mood (upper lashline). Clinique mascara and Clarins Fix Mascara (waterproofing seal).

Lips: Most Popular (MAC Hello Kitty)

Everything waterproof and rather low-key because I've an aqua cycling session this afternoon (oh dear).

Medgal07

@aradhana, I'm sure that after a rough start the new year will hold many wonderful surprises for you! See it that way, the worst is already behind you!
th_hug.gif

I managed a face today. (Feeling like Tina Fey at the Globes - 'three hours after which I look like a human woman' - but it's rather half an hour
cutey.gif
)

FACE: Bourjois CC cream in Ivory, Chanel Les Beiges Powder in No 20, Mac Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel to highlight, Mac Have a lovely day as blush, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Maybelline brow gel

EYES: UPDD, Chanel Stylo e/s in Moon River, Sephora 12hr contour eye pencils in Roof Top Party (lower lashline) & Good Mood (upper lashline). Clinique mascara and Clarins Fix Mascara (waterproofing seal).

Lips: Most Popular (MAC Hello Kitty)

Everything waterproof and rather low-key because I've an aqua cycling session this afternoon (oh dear).
girlhaha.gif
Your look sounds lovely!!!! Aqua cycling??? That sounds great. I hope the water is warm. I would totally do something like that!!!!

Medgal07

Wednesday was a no makeup day for me---it just panned out that way. Today, Thursday was a full makeup day!

EYES:
Chanel IDO, Mirage(Golden bonze)as a base
Chanel E/S Quad,Tissé Rivoli (226)
Taupe to lid
Coppery Brown to crease & lower lash line
Deep Satin Taupe to transition
Pale Champagne to highlight Brow
MAC DipDown Fluid line to upper lash line

FACE:
Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Double Perfection Lumière Powder Foundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MAC Coffee Walnut Pro Sculpting Cream to contour, set w/MAC Sculpting Powder, Shadester
Bobby Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick to highlight facial high planes
NARS Coeur Battant Blush(Magenta Pink)
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish-Natural Powder to set
Givenchy Prisme Libre 7 Voile Rose dusted over face
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
MAC Embrace Me (Vivid pinkish fuchsia) lip pencil
MAC Kissable Lip Color, Scandelicious (Blue fuchsia)

NAILS:

Chanel Dèsirio (Fuchsia Pink Plum) 643

Anneri

Wednesday was a no makeup day for me---it just panned out that way. Today, Thursday was a full makeup day!

EYES:
Chanel IDO, Mirage(Golden bonze)as a base
Chanel E/S Quad,Tissé Rivoli (226)
Taupe to lid
Coppery Brown to crease & lower lash line
Deep Satin Taupe to transition
Pale Champagne to highlight Brow
MAC DipDown Fluid line to upper lash line

FACE:
Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Double Perfection Lumière Powder Foundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MAC Coffee Walnut Pro Sculpting Cream to contour, set w/MAC Sculpting Powder, Shadester
Bobby Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick to highlight facial high planes
NARS Coeur Battant Blush(Magenta Pink)
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish-Natural Powder to set
Givenchy Prisme Libre 7 Voile Rose dusted over face
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
MAC Embrace Me (Vivid pinkish fuchsia) lip pencil
MAC Kissable Lip Color, Scandelicious (Blue fuchsia)

NAILS:

Chanel Dèsirio (Fuchsia Pink Plum) 643
I have those days quite often lately. Don't know why.

Yesterday I was quite in a rush so I repeated that look from Wednesday, just with Radicchio lipstick. I honestly don't know why I got so many lustres five years ago!

Today I was quite adventourous with my MU. I had cleaned out most of my makeup drawers, and found two Mac lipsticks I've never worn - one of them was a lovely nude called Naked Proof that I got in a set they do during summer two years ago. So I did a smokey eye to accompany it, and chose Tarte cream e/s in rich brown and L'Oreal Infallibles in All Night Blue, a wonderful velvety dark blue.

FACE: Bourjois CC cream in Ivory, Nars Illuminating Setting Powder, Mac Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel to highlight, Chanel Revelation cream blush, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Maybelline brow gel

EYES: UPDD, Rich Brown all over lid, applied more heavily in the outer corners, L'Oreal All Night Blue in the crease, applied more heavily in the outer v. I didn't use a transition shade but should have... Orb to highlight under browbone and inner corners. Liners: lower lashline Mac's powerchrome eye pencil in Life's Luxury (dark brown with red sparkles), upper lashline EL liquid eyeliner in Bronze. Catrice Better than false lashes mascara (freebie, and it does nothing for my lashes. But I'm still reluctant to throw it out. I'm such a hoarder!).

Lips: Naked Proof

I felt quite good today because I overcame the hoarder tendencies mentioned above and packed a big parcel with stuff I never wear and sent it to a children's hospice that'll sell it during one of their quarterly fleamarkets to raise money. I've some space again in my MU storage!

aradhana

It's a great cardio workout when you have wonky knees like I have. And it's a lot of fun - loud music, just like a spinning class. The water is actually not very warm - but that's good, because you're quite sweaty!

Yesterday I was quite in a rush so I repeated that look from Wednesday, just with Radicchio lipstick. I honestly don't know why I got so many lustres five years ago!

Today I was quite adventourous with my MU. I had cleaned out most of my makeup drawers, and found two Mac lipsticks I've never worn - one of them was a lovely nude called Naked Proof that I got in a set they do during summer two years ago. So I did a smokey eye to accompany it, and chose Tarte cream e/s in rich brown and L'Oreal Infallibles in All Night Blue, a wonderful velvety dark blue.

FACE: Bourjois CC cream in Ivory, Nars Illuminating Setting Powder, Mac Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel to highlight, Chanel Revelation cream blush, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Maybelline brow gel

EYES: UPDD, Rich Brown all over lid, applied more heavily in the outer corners, L'Oreal All Night Blue in the crease, applied more heavily in the outer v. I didn't use a transition shade but should have... Orb to highlight under browbone and inner corners. Liners: lower lashline Mac's powerchrome eye pencil in Life's Luxury (dark brown with red sparkles), upper lashline EL liquid eyeliner in Bronze. Catrice Better than false lashes mascara (freebie, and it does nothing for my lashes. But I'm still reluctant to throw it out. I'm such a hoarder!).

I felt quite good today because I overcame the hoarder tendencies mentioned above and packed a big parcel with stuff I never wear and sent it to a children's hospice that'll sell it during one of their quarterly fleamarkets to raise money. I've some space again in my MU storage!
maybe mac released a large number of lustres that year? I think in the past year only I've accrued a LOT of mattes. it seems like frost is next to come....

Anneri

:hug: I did indeed pull out Diva on Wednesday, then yesterday I wore Powerful. Somewhere in the last few days I also wore Illamasqua intense gloss in 'move'.  the name of these shades is more than just marketing, because it actually does make a difference to how you feel! thanks dolly! so quiche is sooooo pretty! i don't mind just the lip challenge for a while, till something strikes us. i'm still going on taupes anyway ;) thanks anneri.  your look sounds pretty, and the names of the products are enough to put a person in a happy, party mood! i'm not sure if i mentioned this before, but i really like your avatar pic. :) sounds pretty, especially the eyes! maybe mac released a large number of lustres that year?  I think in the past year only I've accrued a LOT of mattes. it seems like frost is next to come....
Thank you Aradhana! Huh, didn't recognise that I did a happy party look! Really funny. I think I got so many lustres right then because I was still wary of strong colours - and now that I'm quite used to those, I don't quite get that. I didn't want to wear red lipstick for the longest time! Btw, if we're looking for another e/s colour to accompany our lipstick challenge, what about purple? Suits everybody and is beautiful on every eye colour. Just a suggestion!

sagehen

OK, I managed a face today: FACE: Hard Candy Shine Free Primer (I usually don't mention primer because I don't LOVE any particular one, but I am impressed with this one. My skin is oily-dehydrated at this time of year (and I have been struggling with eczema this winter), and it balances me pretty well. Keeps down shine but not so drying that it shows dry spots and it blurs my pores to an extent for $6 - should have tried this before I bought that Smashbox pore minimizing primer...) Stila Natural Finish Oil Free foundation, H Black Opal stick foundation, Black Walnut, for contour LA Girl Pro HD concealer, Fawn under eyes, Chestnut on pih areas, silica powder to set EL Double Matte pressed powder, Deep EYES: WnW Fergie primer, shimmer WnW e/s, Nutty, on lid some matte brown shadow from Too Faced Jingle All the Way palette in crease NYX Big Fat Black Marker pen liner, black Rimmel London brow pencil, Dark Brown CG Clump Crusher mascara, very black LIPS: MAC l/l, Grape MAC l/s, Gunner Black Radiance Prismatic Color l/g, Diva in center of lips

aradhana

today i wore a mix of two l'oreal lipsticks in freida's nude and freida's red (which is called a true red but it's pretty pinky)
i didn't have it on very long because i went to my friend's place for dinner and she gave me two lipsticks - kinda sexy and toxic tale. i ended up leaving her place with a blend of the two. on their own i felt kinda sexy needed a lipliner or something and TT probably just needed me to be wearing different makeup because it was bringing out the green in my skin again.
i might try figuring out the orange lipstick/green skin solution tomorrow...maybe the purple eyes will help?

Medgal07

It's a great cardio workout when you have wonky knees like I have. And it's a lot of fun - loud music, just like a spinning class. The water is actually not very warm - but that's good, because you're quite sweaty!

I was feeling a bit indecisive and then decided to give myself a facial and before i knew it was too late for makeup
th_dunno.gif

That dark blue smokey eye sounds pretty!!

Medgal07

th_hug.gif
I did indeed pull out Diva on Wednesday, then yesterday I wore Powerful. Somewhere in the last few days I also wore Illamasqua intense gloss in 'move'.

the name of these shades is more than just marketing, because it actually does make a difference to how you feel!
thanks dolly!

so quiche is sooooo pretty!

i don't mind just the lip challenge for a while, till something strikes us. i'm still going on taupes anyway ;)

thanks anneri.
your look sounds pretty, and the names of the products are enough to put a person in a happy, party mood!

i'm not sure if i mentioned this before, but i really like your avatar pic. :)

sounds pretty, especially the eyes!

maybe mac released a large number of lustres that year? I think in the past year only I've accrued a LOT of mattes. it seems like frost is next to come....
Glad you're feeling empowered right now!!!!
I've done the taupe eye look for the past two days---I did switch the lid color today and liked it even better-----neutral eyes just work well with any lippie. Today I wore YSL Rouge Pur Couture Grenat Satisfaction (Burgundy) 206 which I happen to love. I don't mind just the lip challenge either -----maybe we can do 1 week of an eye look along with the lipstick challenge and then a free week w/o specific eye look. So alternating designated eye looks with non-specific eye looks.

Medgal07

Btw, if we're looking for another e/s colour to accompany our lipstick challenge, what about purple? Suits everybody and is beautiful on every eye colour. Just a suggestion!
I'm up for a week of purple eye looks - I don't think I look particularly good in it but I can go with pale lavender on the lid and then deepen the crease w/a deep purple. Yes I could do that for a week. Anyone who wants to join in just do so. Shall we make it from Monday January 19 - Sunday January 25????

Medgal07

today i wore a mix of two l'oreal lipsticks in freida's nude and freida's red (which is called a true red but it's pretty pinky)
i didn't have it on very long because i went to my friend's place for dinner and she gave me two lipsticks - kinda sexy and toxic tale. i ended up leaving her place with a blend of the two. on their own i felt kinda sexy needed a lipliner or something and TT probably just needed me to be wearing different makeup because it was bringing out the green in my skin again.
i might try figuring out the orange lipstick/green skin solution tomorrow...maybe the purple eyes will help?
You had a lipstick smorgasbord!!!!! Totally worth try!!!

Anneri

That's a good idea---the purple family encompasses many shades

You had a lipstick smorgasbord!!!!! Totally worth try!!!
girlhaha.gif

FACE: Bourjois CC cream in Ivory, Nars Illuminating Setting Powder, Mac Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel to highlight, MAC Casual Color in Out for Fun as a blush, Bourjois concealer, Maybelline brow gel

EYES: UPDD, TF Glitter Glue, Mac Bossa Blue - taupe all over the lid, blue in crease, deepened outer v with a bit of yesterday's L'Oreal Infallible (dark blue), Kid as a transition colour, Orb to highlight under browbone and inner corners. Liners: Sephora Black Lace on upper lashline, Roof Top Party on lower lashline, Essence Lash Princess mascara (another freebie. Like it quite well after trying it for the first time!).

Lips: Astor chubby stick dupe in a corally colour (name rubbed off)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm up for a week of purple eye looks - I don't think I look particularly good in it but I can go with pale lavender on the lid and then deepen the crease w/a deep purple. Yes I could do that for a week. Anyone who wants to join in just do so. Shall we make it from Monday January 19 - Sunday January 25????

Funny, I'm wearing purple shadows today, so I guess I got a head start!
dance.gif
I shouldn't have any trouble doing various sorts of purple looks for a week, though. I am a slave to teh purpl.

Although I've been quiet, I have been faithfully sticking to my lipstick a day challenge without any repeats. I suppose that's not the greatest achievement after only two and a half weeks, but I'm already thinking that I'm going to have problems not returning to some favourites (well, I'm trying to save those) or trying out new loves with different looks.

Here's today's look:

FACE:
UD Naked Skin foundation 1.0
Dior Star concealer 010
Mac Prep & Prime finishing powder (thanks @aradhana for reminding me of the powder under the foundation trick for reducing shine. I'm no longer in danger of causing car accidents on sunny days)
Mac Pink Cult blush
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Diffused Light

EYES:
Mac Paint Pot Painterly
Armani Eyes to Kill e/s Violet Scarab (over most of mobile lid, other than the edges)
Nars Demon Lover e/s duo (periwinkle shade on either side of the eye, diffused into the crease, deep lavender used to intensify inner and outer angles)
Mac e/s Dazzlelight (brow bone highlight)
Urban Decay 24/7 e/l Smoke (upper lash lines, smudged outward at the outer edges)
Dior New Look mascara

LIPS:
Guerlain Rouge Automatique Shine l/s Rendez Vous (cool pink-mauve)

Thus far, my complete list of lipsticks worn in 2015 is:

Armani Rouge Ecstasy 405 Sultan
Armani Rouge Ecstasy 404 Spice
Guerlain Rouge G Gracy
Mac Viva Glam Rihanna 2
Mac Lustering
Nars Vivien
Nars Charlotte
Mac Play Time
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Red Strass
Dior Rouge Baume Coquette
Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Fluttering Sighs
UD Manic
Chanel Rouge Allure Coquette (I guess one Coquette made me think of another
girlhaha.gif
)
Le Metier de Beauté Kona
Guerlain RA Sihne Rendez-Vous

I've only had one no makeup day so far in January, which surprises me a little since it's so hard to get motivated to do anything with so few hours of daylight. I'm trying to be conscious not just of choosing different lipsticks, but also choosing from different colour "groups" and different brands. There are some shades that are definitely going to be easier to wear in certain seasons, but I still want to make sure I get a good variety.

Medgal07

Funny, I'm wearing purple shadows today, so I guess I got a head start!
dance.gif
I shouldn't have any trouble doing various sorts of purple looks for a week, though. I am a slave to teh purpl.

Although I've been quiet, I have been faithfully sticking to my lipstick a day challenge without any repeats. I suppose that's not the greatest achievement after only two and a half weeks, but I'm already thinking that I'm going to have problems not returning to some favourites (well, I'm trying to save those) or trying out new loves with different looks.

Here's today's look:

FACE:
UD Naked Skin foundation 1.0
Dior Star concealer 010
Mac Prep & Prime finishing powder (thanks @aradhana for reminding me of the powder under the foundation trick for reducing shine. I'm no longer in danger of causing car accidents on sunny days)
Mac Pink Cult blush
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Diffused Light

EYES:
Mac Paint Pot Painterly
Armani Eyes to Kill e/s Violet Scarab (over most of mobile lid, other than the edges)
Nars Demon Lover e/s duo (periwinkle shade on either side of the eye, diffused into the crease, deep lavender used to intensify inner and outer angles)
Mac e/s Dazzlelight (brow bone highlight)
Urban Decay 24/7 e/l Smoke (upper lash lines, smudged outward at the outer edges)
Dior New Look mascara

LIPS:
Guerlain Rouge Automatique Shine l/s Rendez Vous (cool pink-mauve)

Thus far, my complete list of lipsticks worn in 2015 is:

Armani Rouge Ecstasy 405 Sultan
Armani Rouge Ecstasy 404 Spice
Guerlain Rouge G Gracy
Mac Viva Glam Rihanna 2
Mac Lustering
Nars Vivien
Nars Charlotte
Mac Play Time
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Red Strass
Dior Rouge Baume Coquette
Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Fluttering Sighs
UD Manic
Chanel Rouge Allure Coquette (I guess one Coquette made me think of another
girlhaha.gif
)
Le Metier de Beauté Kona
Guerlain RA Sihne Rendez-Vous

I've only had one no makeup day so far in January, which surprises me a little since it's so hard to get motivated to do anything with so few hours of daylight. I'm trying to be conscious not just of choosing different lipsticks, but also choosing from different colour "groups" and different brands. There are some shades that are definitely going to be easier to wear in certain seasons, but I still want to make sure I get a good variety.
heart2.gif
That's pretty awesome Katred.......you can just roll right into purple week!!! I'm right there with you on the intensity of the lipstick challenge as far as being true to the concept which requires that I leave my lipstick loves behind. I'm trying very hard but like yesterday after wearing YSL Grenat Satisfaction, I then rued ever wearing it because I quite frankly forgot how amazing it is. Although It helps that I take the lipsticks that I wear completely out of circulation it's not as if they're locked away in a temperature controlled vault somewhere that I can't access!!! So, like you I'm being somewhat strategic in my lipstick choices. If I'm not going out on a given day I'll wear lippies that I'm not wedded to. If I really abhor them I'll toss or B2M them.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!! I just may need to be talked off the lipstick-ledge every now and then
girlhaha.gif

lmao.gif
RE: Your shiny face causing car accidents on sunny days!!!! Thanks for reminding me about MAC Dazzlelight e/s. That's a fav that need to see the light of day again in my MU looks.

meka72

Hey ladies! I hope you're having a good weekend. This week, I wore the following lipsticks/lip glosses: Nars Red Lizard, Mac Flat Out Fabulous, Chanel Controversy gloss, Chanel Catalina lipstick and Chanel Daydream gloss and Bite Beauty Rouge Red (or something like that). Today I wore a pink Maybelline gloss for my brow appointment. Now I'm back in the bed. Lol. Sage, do you use the Black Opal foundation sticks to highlight or contour? If so, which shades do you use? I'm thinking about picking up a couple of them for that purpose. I can't seem to find them locally and will have to buy online. Meddy, I got my Chanel Angelique blush and will have to return it. It is way too light for me. I had to build it up significantly in order to get a hint of color to show. I think that I'll exchange it for Presage. I've been wanting it forever.

meka72

Oh yeah, I used taupe eyeshadow everyday of the challenge except Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I used taupes from the coastal scents revealed palette as well as satin taupe and ashes to ashes. I much prefer the warmth of satin taupe over ashes to ashes. At least that's why I think that I prefer satin taupe. Lol.

Latest posts