Theme Makeup with a Purpose

sagehen

Hey ladies! I hope you're having a good weekend. This week, I wore the following lipsticks/lip glosses: Nars Red Lizard, Mac Flat Out Fabulous, Chanel Controversy gloss, Chanel Catalina lipstick and Chanel Daydream gloss and Bite Beauty Rouge Red (or something like that). Today I wore a pink Maybelline gloss for my brow appointment. Now I'm back in the bed. Lol. Sage, do you use the Black Opal foundation sticks to highlight or contour? If so, which shades do you use? I'm thinking about picking up a couple of them for that purpose. I can't seem to find them locally and will have to buy online. Meddy, I got my Chanel Angelique blush and will have to return it. It is way too light for me. I had to build it up significantly in order to get a hint of color to show. I think that I'll exchange it for Presage. I've been wanting it forever.
I just use them to contour. The lighter shades don't do much. I have used Rich Caramel to highlight but it's meh. I wear Nutmeg all over and Black Walnut to contour, blended well. Well, Nutmeg or Beatiful Bronze if I have been getting a lot of sun.

Shars

Funny, I'm wearing purple shadows today, so I guess I got a head start!
dance.gif
I shouldn't have any trouble doing various sorts of purple looks for a week, though. I am a slave to teh purpl.

Although I've been quiet, I have been faithfully sticking to my lipstick a day challenge without any repeats. I suppose that's not the greatest achievement after only two and a half weeks, but I'm already thinking that I'm going to have problems not returning to some favourites (well, I'm trying to save those) or trying out new loves with different looks.

Here's today's look:

FACE:
UD Naked Skin foundation 1.0
Dior Star concealer 010
Mac Prep & Prime finishing powder (thanks @aradhana for reminding me of the powder under the foundation trick for reducing shine. I'm no longer in danger of causing car accidents on sunny days)
Mac Pink Cult blush
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Diffused Light

EYES:
Mac Paint Pot Painterly
Armani Eyes to Kill e/s Violet Scarab (over most of mobile lid, other than the edges)
Nars Demon Lover e/s duo (periwinkle shade on either side of the eye, diffused into the crease, deep lavender used to intensify inner and outer angles)
Mac e/s Dazzlelight (brow bone highlight)
Urban Decay 24/7 e/l Smoke (upper lash lines, smudged outward at the outer edges)
Dior New Look mascara

LIPS:
Guerlain Rouge Automatique Shine l/s Rendez Vous (cool pink-mauve)

Thus far, my complete list of lipsticks worn in 2015 is:

Armani Rouge Ecstasy 405 Sultan
Armani Rouge Ecstasy 404 Spice
Guerlain Rouge G Gracy
Mac Viva Glam Rihanna 2
Mac Lustering
Nars Vivien
Nars Charlotte
Mac Play Time
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Red Strass
Dior Rouge Baume Coquette
Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Fluttering Sighs
UD Manic
Chanel Rouge Allure Coquette (I guess one Coquette made me think of another
girlhaha.gif
)
Le Metier de Beauté Kona
Guerlain RA Sihne Rendez-Vous

I've only had one no makeup day so far in January, which surprises me a little since it's so hard to get motivated to do anything with so few hours of daylight. I'm trying to be conscious not just of choosing different lipsticks, but also choosing from different colour "groups" and different brands. There are some shades that are definitely going to be easier to wear in certain seasons, but I still want to make sure I get a good variety.
I love your lip choices so far. How do like the Armani REs? I saw someone on the tube post a video with her fave lippies and she had one of those on and the colour was to die for. I have to go back and check the name.

Prettypackages

I feel so behind in this thread!
ssad.gif
Just jump on in, we are doing a different lipstick a day until we use our whole collex. Just finished up a taupe eyeshadow challenge, and we are going to start a purple eye shadow challenge on Sunday.

I wore makeup last week, but forgot what it was already. LOL

Loving the looks as always ladies!

MandyVanHook

Just jump on in, we are doing a different lipstick a day until we use our whole collex.  Just finished up a taupe eyeshadow challenge, and we are going to start a purple eye shadow challenge on Sunday.  I wore makeup last week, but forgot what it was already. LOL    Loving the looks as always ladies! 
Well that is certainly something I need to do! It will take probably about 6 months, though!

Shars

Well that is certainly something I need to do! It will take probably about 6 months, though!
Hehe! I'm trying not to think how long it's going to take me. The good thing is though, it's a chance to cull your stash of lippies you keep around but actually don't really like. I've already discovered one or two that I'm going to either find a new home or throw out!

Prettypackages

Not trying to brag, but I counted up my lippies and only have ~130... about 4 months or 18 weeks worth. :)

I'm hosting a party tonite and I think I'm going to do really bold makeup, something to distract ppl from seeing the 20 pounds I gained when I quit smoking and this hectic OT time. LOL yeah, it's going to work. LOL

Shars

Not trying to brag, but I counted up my lippies and only have ~130... about 4 months and 18 weeks worth. :)

I'm hosting a party tonite and I think I'm going to do really bold makeup, something to distract ppl from seeing the 20 pounds I gained when I quit smoking and this hectic OT time. LOL yeah, it's going to work. LOL
I have about that too but I'll just let it be a surprise lol

I say go big or go home on the makeup! The 20 pounds is more room to put makeup!
girlhaha.gif
Congrats on quitting smoking though!

Prettypackages

I have about that too but I'll just let it be a surprise lol

I say go big or go home on the makeup! The 20 pounds is more room to put makeup!
girlhaha.gif
Congrats on quitting smoking though!
OMg, you are crazy. More room? LOL

I know, 4 months worth of lipsticks makes this daily challenge a little less challenging.

Dolly Snow

Not trying to brag, but I counted up my lippies and only have ~130...  about 4 months and 18 weeks worth. :)  I'm hosting a party tonite and I think I'm going to do really bold makeup, something to distract ppl from seeing the 20 pounds I gained when I quit smoking and this hectic OT time.   LOL  yeah, it's going to work.  LOL 
Lol I love that you counted to the week

Medgal07

Funny, I'm wearing purple shadows today, so I guess I got a head start!
dance.gif
I shouldn't have any trouble doing various sorts of purple looks for a week, though. I am a slave to teh purpl.

Although I've been quiet, I have been faithfully sticking to my lipstick a day challenge without any repeats. I suppose that's not the greatest achievement after only two and a half weeks, but I'm already thinking that I'm going to have problems not returning to some favourites (well, I'm trying to save those) or trying out new loves with different looks.

Here's today's look:

FACE:
UD Naked Skin foundation 1.0
Dior Star concealer 010
Mac Prep & Prime finishing powder (thanks @aradhana for reminding me of the powder under the foundation trick for reducing shine. I'm no longer in danger of causing car accidents on sunny days)
Mac Pink Cult blush
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Diffused Light

EYES:
Mac Paint Pot Painterly
Armani Eyes to Kill e/s Violet Scarab (over most of mobile lid, other than the edges)
Nars Demon Lover e/s duo (periwinkle shade on either side of the eye, diffused into the crease, deep lavender used to intensify inner and outer angles)
Mac e/s Dazzlelight (brow bone highlight)
Urban Decay 24/7 e/l Smoke (upper lash lines, smudged outward at the outer edges)
Dior New Look mascara

LIPS:
Guerlain Rouge Automatique Shine l/s Rendez Vous (cool pink-mauve)

Thus far, my complete list of lipsticks worn in 2015 is:

Armani Rouge Ecstasy 405 Sultan
Armani Rouge Ecstasy 404 Spice
Guerlain Rouge G Gracy
Mac Viva Glam Rihanna 2
Mac Lustering
Nars Vivien
Nars Charlotte
Mac Play Time
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Red Strass
Dior Rouge Baume Coquette
Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Fluttering Sighs
UD Manic
Chanel Rouge Allure Coquette (I guess one Coquette made me think of another
girlhaha.gif
)
Le Metier de Beauté Kona
Guerlain RA Sihne Rendez-Vous

I've only had one no makeup day so far in January, which surprises me a little since it's so hard to get motivated to do anything with so few hours of daylight. I'm trying to be conscious not just of choosing different lipsticks, but also choosing from different colour "groups" and different brands. There are some shades that are definitely going to be easier to wear in certain seasons, but I still want to make sure I get a good variety.
Likewise Katred---I just missed one day so far this month and I beat myself up about it because I have so much makeup and should be using it!!!

Medgal07

Meddy, I got my Chanel Angelique blush and will have to return it. It is way too light for me. I had to build it up significantly in order to get a hint of color to show. I think that I'll exchange it for Presage. I've been wanting it forever.
wavey.gif
Hi there Meka! I like you lipstick choices!!! I'm so sorry Angelique didn't work out for you. Presage is one of my favorite Chanenl cream blushes and I enjoy
wearing it under my foundation for a color-from-within look.

Black Opal products seemed to disappear----they no longer sell them in my area & I can't quite remember the shade that I wore but I liked it very much.

Medgal07

I've continued with my basic eye looks, just changing blush, highlighters & lipstick. Yesterday I wore Chanel Rouge Coco shine in Viva, an intense fuchsia w/MAC lip liner, Embrace Me.

Today I'm wearing MAC Lady At Play w/ Chanel lip liner, Capucine, (coral) and Dior Addict Fluid-stick Pandore (Bright Coral) as gloss. I'm keeping a a list, by month, that I'll publish at the end of each month.

aradhana

hello all...
for purple eye inspiration i thought you might appreciate this video i came across:

0.jpg

it's purple and green actually - not sure i would have considered mixing the two this way, but it looks nice. i might try it later this week...i don't have the UD palette featured, but maybe the purply shade and the green shade from the marc jacobs vamp palette would be good alternates? or i was thinking MAC oomph and plum dressing, but i'm saying that without having them in front of me...

Medgal07

hello all...
for purple eye inspiration i thought you might appreciate this video i came across:

0.jpg

it's purple and green actually - not sure i would have considered mixing the two this way, but it looks nice. i might try it later this week...i don't have the UD palette featured, but maybe the purply shade and the green shade from the marc jacobs vamp palette would be good alternates? or i was thinking MAC oomph and plum dressing, but i'm saying that without having them in front of me...
Wow---her eyes really looked incredible---the colors just made them jump out of the video! The green e/s wasn't so prominent as to clash with the purple---it really worked.
Thanks for sharing that Aradhana. I might try it one day this week!!!

meka72

@Aradhana, thanks for suggesting Galapagos with Ashes to Ashes. I'll try that combo soon! ETA: @Meddy, I always forget to try your tip of putting cream blush under foundation. I'm usually running late and operate on auto pilot and never remember to try new things. @Sage, I'll have my mother go to Rite Aid to pick up Black Walnut for me. Is it hard to blend?

Anneri

hello all...

0.jpg

Wow! Those colours!

And my first purple eye look of purple eyeshadow week!

FACE: Bourjois CC cream in Ivory, Nars Illuminating Setting Powder, Mac Lightscapadel to highlight, MAC Lured to Love MB as a blush, Bourjois concealer, Maybelline brow gel

EYES: UPDD, TF Glitter Glue, Mac Twilight Falls MES, a very bown purple, all over the lid and up into the crease. Deepened outer v with a bit of Espresso, Kid as a transition colour, Orb to highlight under browbone and inner corners. Liners: EL Modern Mercury l/l on upper lashline, Espresso smudged on lower lashline, Essence Lash Princess mascara (another freebie. Like it quite well after trying it for the first time!).

Lips: Mac Offshoot.

meka72

I love that video @Aradhana! Oddly enough, I bought the UD smoked palette about 30" before watching the video. Now I really can't wait to get the palette!

mango13

I decided to join everyone in the different lipstick everyday challenge! I wasn't much of a lipstick person until early last year so I only have 27 lip products that get rotated pretty regularly (I also try my best to avoid buying dupes)... but now I think it will be fun wear a different shade every day for that time period!

So I have 18 lipsticks, 5 liquid lipsticks and 4 glosses.

Today I wore MAC's Red Balloon (sooo fun)!!!

Latest posts