Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Prettypackages

What didn't you like ??????
I think the colors clashed. Today I wore marche aux puces duo, and jane or mac pander me (I kept switching). The two seemed to clash.
Gunner, I don't think that's a wearable lipstick. When it faded it was uneven. I was trying something new with the eyeshadow (LM Caviar sticks) and it did not work. LOL I ended up with bamboo on the lid, a lil bit of the caviar stick in Cocoa in the corner and fig 1. in the crease with LM black karat. It was only alright to me.

Medgal07

Me? Never! hehehehehe.. yesterday 's look was nice but I forgot my mascara and I didn't put the lipstick on until 3. I think that deserves a do over too!

Today's might be better than I thought. I'm lazy, so i'll post my looks tonite.
lmao.gif
Oh well of course---since you put your lipstick on so late you get a do-over------said no one ever!!!!!
girlhaha.gif
That's actually a good excuse!!!!

Prettypackages

She would do that too, you know!!!
girlhaha.gif
This is a tough challenge, but I like going through my lipsticks that haven't gotten any love in a very long time!

lmao.gif
Oh well of course---since you put your lipstick on so late you get a do-over------said no one ever!!!!!
girlhaha.gif
LOL That's not true at all... It was a really busy day and I forgot. *pouts*

aradhana

She would do that too, you know!!!
girlhaha.gif
This is a tough challenge, but I like going through my lipsticks that haven't gotten any love in a very long time!

lmao.gif
girlhaha.gif
LOL

i often don't put my lipstick on till right before going somewhere, but if i use the de-over i won't get through my lipsticks till the end of the year. i don't think the challenge should be so restrictive that people end up dropping it early. it's supposed to be fun!

i'm going to try to stick with the different shade each day as long as i can...maybe giving myself optional breaks on major holidays? lol....

Medgal07

i'm sure you've got shades in your collection that could replace the palette shades...i have yet to try the look out since i woke up way too late today, but it crossed my mind that maybe nars night porter might be a good substitute for the green....

sounds very smokey and pretty! i just recently got the LM caviar stick in plum. i also got amethyst at the same time. i had used amethyst as my lid colour, but i might try plum on the lid as you have done instead. i really like those caviar sticks. i could easily see myself buying a bunch more!

my n-collection lipsticks are all dying. it's pretty sad. i hope they do another similarly nude collection soon.
LOL

your eye look sounds pretty. it sucks that the gunner/runner lipsticks fade so strangely. i've only worn them once, and ended up taking them off because they didn't quite work with the rest of my look.

do you think that maybe jane/pander me are too similar tonally to marché aux puces? sometimes i just find there are certain lip colours that look best with a darker lipliner on me, as 90's as that may sound.
LOL

i often don't put my lipstick on till right before going somewhere, but if i use the de-over i won't get through my lipsticks till the end of the year. i don't think the challenge should be so restrictive that people end up dropping it early. it's supposed to be fun!

i'm going to try to stick with the different shade each day as long as i can...maybe giving myself optional breaks on major holidays? lol....
​I totally agree!!! There are no penalties and no lipstick police
girlhaha.gif
One benefit of the challenge for me is that I'm actually using many lipsticks that I haven't
reached for in ages, most of which I'm really enjoying. I know I'm only doing it because of this challenge---it's a good thing! A really good thing!!! That said, I might
need to repeat a lipstick for science---or ahhhh medical research or legal expediency and research.
th_DANCE.gif

Shars

I've had a good purple eye week so far.

Monday my look didn't go as I would have liked because the darn violet eyeshadow from my BH Cosmetics neutral and eyeshadow & blush palette I used as a lid colour just wouldn't adhere/translate with enough pigment but the look was nice overall. I did a full purple smokey eye. I topped it off with a coral lipstick by NYX called 643 Femme. I normally don't love that lipstick without a liner but it looked really good with the purple eye so I think I may need to keep wearing it with cool toned eyeshadows.

On Tuesday, I used my beloved Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in 006 paranoid purple as my lid colour and a slight brown smokey colour in the crease from the same BH Cosmetics neutral and eyeshadow & blush palette. I bought the Kat Von D 9 pc studded kiss lipstick set over the holidays so figured I should try them since I hadn't even swatched them as yet. I wore the colour Sexer and boy oh boy do I love it. It's a very bright pink and has a matte finish but I did not find it drying one bit and it lasted for a while with only minor touch up required after I ate.

Today, I used a gold colour from the same BH cosmetics palette as my lid colour and used a plummy purple colour in the crease and defined the crease with a darker, vampy purple. I wore one of my Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duos - the nude one - and chose the colour "Musk". It's a really nice nude for me but I broke the darn thing today. I have to try to either repair it or see if I can transfer it to a palette *sigh* lol

meka72

Ooh. You must let us know how they worked out for you when you get a chance! Oooh I like. I think we might be the same shade. I have the same concealers and also use Topaz to set my undereye. How do you like the NARS Sheer Glow? I've been experimenting with new foundations recently and may try one or two of the NARS ones at some point.
Hey Shars! I blindly bought Sheer Glow in Trinidad and it is too neutral for me. I have orange undertones and match Macao and New Orleans, which I have samples of. I love the foundation though! Because Im oily, I powder my face well to keep from looking like a disco ball. Lol. As long as I powder, my face, Sheer Glow gives me great coverage with luminosity. Although I'm on a foundation ban now (allegedly), I'm curious to know which foundations and shades you prefer given that we're similar shades. I have a ton of samples of different foundations and could go at least 2 months and never touch my full sized foundations.

meka72

I think the colors clashed.  Today I wore marche aux puces duo, and jane or mac pander me (I kept switching).  The two seemed to clash.  Gunner, I don't think that's a wearable lipstick.  When it faded it was uneven.  I was trying something new with the eyeshadow (LM Caviar sticks) and it did not work. LOL  I ended up with bamboo on the lid, a lil bit of the caviar stick in Cocoa in the corner and fig 1. in the crease with LM black karat.  It was only alright to  me. 
I felt my eyes and lips clashed today, too. And I wore the LM caviar stick in cocoa in the outer corners too! For me, it didn't bring much depth to corners as I would liked. But I was running late so I made do. I also wore Mac hidden motive on the lid and Swiss chocolate in the crease. I think the eyeshadow leaned cool while my lipstick, Mac carnal instinct and hellbound gloss, were too warm. It didn't look awful per se but I wasn't in love with the look either. Because I was running late, after priming with the Korres anti-aging primer, I ended up throwing on some concealer under my eyes (Nars creamy concealer in ginger), brushing on MSF in deep dark/dark deep all over my face, applying concealer to the dark spots on my cheek (Nars creamy concealer in Amande) and highlighting my cheekbones (Mac stereo rose). I also wore mascara for two days in a row (MUFE smokey eyes)!

meka72

@Aradhana, I really like the plum caviar stick now that I know how to use it that best suits me. I prefer to blend it with a brush to diffuse the color a bit instead of using my fingers. But I liked the plum caviar stick so much that I bought the caviar stick holiday set. I like using amethyst in the inner corners.

meka72

Btw, I know I've seen a few references to Rimmel and my local Walgreen's has most of the Rimmel products on clearance. Just FYI. I picked up an eyeshadow quad (019 safari something) and Apocolips liquid lipstick in comet.

Medgal07

I've had a good purple eye week so far.

Monday my look didn't go as I would have liked because the darn violet eyeshadow from my BH Cosmetics neutral and eyeshadow & blush palette I used as a lid colour just wouldn't adhere/translate with enough pigment but the look was nice overall. I did a full purple smokey eye. I topped it off with a coral lipstick by NYX called 643 Femme. I normally don't love that lipstick without a liner but it looked really good with the purple eye so I think I may need to keep wearing it with cool toned eyeshadows.

On Tuesday, I used my beloved Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in 006 paranoid purple as my lid colour and a slight brown smokey colour in the crease from the same BH Cosmetics neutral and eyeshadow & blush palette. I bought the Kat Von D 9 pc studded kiss lipstick set over the holidays so figured I should try them since I hadn't even swatched them as yet. I wore the colour Sexer and boy oh boy do I love it. It's a very bright pink and has a matte finish but I did not find it drying one bit and it lasted for a while with only minor touch up required after I ate.

Today, I used a gold colour from the same BH cosmetics palette as my lid colour and used a plummy purple colour in the crease and defined the crease with a darker, vampy purple. I wore one of my Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duos - the nude one - and chose the colour "Musk". It's a really nice nude for me but I broke the darn thing today. I have to try to either repair it or see if I can transfer it to a palette *sigh* lol
Glad you're having a good purple eye week Shars. Were those Bite Beauty Lipduos known for breaking? When I read this I had a vague recollection that people returned them for that reason.

sagehen

Btw, I know I've seen a few references to Rimmel and my local Walgreen's has most of the Rimmel products on clearance. Just FYI. I picked up an eyeshadow quad (019 safari something) and Apocolips liquid lipstick in comet.
I like that lipstick - I need to pull it out.

sagehen

I think the colors clashed.  Today I wore marche aux puces duo, and jane or mac pander me (I kept switching).  The two seemed to clash.  Gunner, I don't think that's a wearable lipstick.  When it faded it was uneven.  I was trying something new with the eyeshadow (LM Caviar sticks) and it did not work. LOL  I ended up with bamboo on the lid, a lil bit of the caviar stick in Cocoa in the corner and fig 1. in the crease with LM black karat.  It was only alright to  me. 
It's not Gunner that is unwearable - it is marches aux puces. It was so bad the two times I have tried it that I shoved it in back of a drawer and only think of it when someone mentions it. That yellow - looks sickly on my complexion (I know we don't have are not the same shade; just venting lol). Seriously though, give Gunner another try when you are not fighting dry, winter lips. I really think it's that or our measures to combat it that is making lots of mattes hard to wear right now. It is the purple we wanted last year for Punk Couture (at least for me anyway lol).

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm seriously going to have to start making notes about this thread, so that I can remember what I'm trying to imitate and the names of all the products I want to try. Today was an Armani day- I wore a look with their shadow "Moon Jelly", which is an amazing "blurple" colour. Unfortunately, it has a tendency to fade, so it's not quite as striking by the end of the day. Inspired by some of the discussion here, I combined it with a very light, icy green (from the Dior Blue Lagoon palette) and I used Mac "Fathoms Deep" to deepen the inner corners and crease. (That's another one that fades on me, unfortunately.) I also used an Armani lipstick, Rouge Ecstasy #603 "Urban Nude", which is a sort of grey-purple-rosewood that does add up to a darker kind of nude shade. Of sorts. The formula isn't quite as good as the other RE shades that I have, so it's a bit trickier to work with, but the colour is quite unique.

Hm... Seems like today was full of products that are a little persnickety. Oh well, it felt good for me to work with them a bit.

sagehen

Mmm hmmm...I sort of wish I had gotten Fucshia (sp? - I can never spell that word) Fusion as well, but for now I got Vamp Purple, Pandora Violet, Midnight Purple, Vital Red, Blood, X-Red, Tomato and Paper Moon I think.
My order shipped! I should have them by the end of the week. You know I am going to rip one open and try it.

meka72

My order shipped! I should have them by the end of the week. You know I am going to rip one open and try it.
Where'd you get them? Sorry if I missed that. you got some of the new Sephora lip stains, right? Which ones? You know I need some too. Lol.

sagehen

I got the Sephora lip stains last week...these are the La Femme stains. CRC. They just got new stock. From Sephora (did y'all notice 2 more original shades have gone on clearance? I swear if Strawberry Red and Always Red go, I will riot): Polished Purple Blackberry Sorbet (looks like a shade they dc'd only with less shimmer so I think I will like this one) Watermelon Slice Coral Crush (I have this in the Luster Matte too - I just go nuts for coral, but you know this.) Mandarin Muse From CRC: Tomato Blood Vamp Purple Pandora Violet Paper Moon XRed Vital Red Midnight Purple I think I should have gotten Fuschia Fusion too, but there is always next time (I have a merchandise credit to burn)