Theme Makeup with a Purpose

meka72

@Sage, please share your thoughts on the LaFemme liquid lipsticks. I know you are a fan of the line (and I love the blushes) and expect that you will love them. I try to order from CRC website but get overwhelmed with the setup. I am going to wait until the next VIB sale to pick up the sephora lip stains. But Marcelous Mauve might pull me in. @Shars, thanks for sharing your foundation shades. Sage and I have similar skintones but she's a bit more yellow/I'm a bit more orange. I think that you might be right there with us. I'm currently in the bed with a headache but these are the foundations that I have: Chanel Perfection Lumiere in 104 Ambre (love this!) UD Naked foundation in 11.0 (love this but a little too dark for the center of my face) Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow in No. 50 or 60 Chanel Les Beiges powder in No. 50 or 60 Nars Sheer Glow inTrinidad (too light) Nars Sheer Glow in New Orleans (sample, perfect match) Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Polynesia Stila Stay All Day in deep 15 (sample, really like this) Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation in 68 (like it but the shade is off a little but works with a beauty blender) Loreal True Match in N8 Loreal True Match in C8/W8 (can't remember) Koh Gen Do Maifanshi foundation in 302 (too light) Clinique Pore Perfecting in Pecan Becca Radiant Satin Skinfinish in Sienna (x2) YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat in B80 I know I'm forgetting some and will come back later.

meka72

I agree with whomever (Aradhana? Anneri? Katred?) said that she needed to save the recommendations/looks that are posted in this thread. I definitely need to do that. I just came across the post that recommended Nars Ashes to Ashes and Galapagos together. I'm putting that on next week!

sagehen

@Sage, please share your thoughts on the LaFemme liquid lipsticks. I know you are a fan of the line (and I love the blushes) and expect that you will love them. I try to order from CRC website but get overwhelmed with the setup. I am going to wait until the next VIB sale to pick up the sephora lip stains. But Marcelous Mauve might pull me in. @Shars, thanks for sharing your foundation shades. Sage and I have similar skintones but she's a bit more yellow/I'm a bit more orange. I think that you might be right there with us. I'm currently in the bed with a headache but these are the foundations that I have: Chanel Perfection Lumiere in 104 Ambre (love this!) UD Naked foundation in 11.0 (love this but a little too dark for the center of my face) Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow in No. 50 or 60 Chanel Les Beiges powder in No. 50 or 60 Nars Sheer Glow inTrinidad (too light) Nars Sheer Glow in New Orleans (sample, perfect match) Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Polynesia Stila Stay All Day in deep 15 (sample, really like this) Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation in 68 (like it but the shade is off a little but works with a beauty blender) Loreal True Match in N8 Loreal True Match in C8/W8 (can't remember) Koh Gen Do Maifanshi foundation in 302 (too light) Clinique Pore Perfecting in Pecan Becca Radiant Satin Skinfinish in Sienna (x2) YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat in B80 I know I'm forgetting some and will come back later.
pbi: it's C8 in L'Oreal True Match - W8 would be a pasty mess lol. @meka72, we match in most of these foundations - I am closest to closer to Stila Stay All Day Warm but would have to mix with deep around the perimeter of my face, and I lean toward Macao in NARS because I am a little more on the yellow/olive side than you.

meka72

I hope you're right and I wasn't walking around looking like Caspar the friendly ghost. Lol.
pbi: it's C8 in L'Oreal True Match - W8 would be a pasty mess lol. @meka72, we match in most of these foundations - I am closest to closer to Stila Stay All Day Warm but would have to mix with deep around the perimeter of my face, and I lean toward Macao in NARS because I am a little more on the yellow/olive side than you.

aradhana

I haven't taken the time to watch it yet, but I'm eager to see what she does, especially since her eye colour looks close to mine. It's strange, because they look blue-grey from a distance, but there's a surprising amount of yellow in them as well, which I see in hers.

I actually like purple and green together quite a lot. It's unexpected but they can work together.
i was thinking about this post as i was doing my makeup this afternoon, and it's true, i have seen purple and green together in palettes as well (like nars high society). i'm not sure why it seemed so offbeat to me when it was loaded and rockstar? i'm thinking it might be the red-leaning undertones of the purple... anyway, i ended up using the marc jacobs vamp palette to imitate the look. i felt the berry shade wasn't purple enough, so i mixed it with the dark blue shade from the palette. the result looked pretty much like pixiwoo's except that i forgot to put lipstick on as i raced out the door!

Medgal07

For Thursday I used Tom Ford, Velvet Dusk quad for my purple eye look and Givenchy Rouge Rose # 202 which is an orange-coral....nice formula & color!

Anneri

You guys have been chatting up a storm! I, in the meantime, was totally lazy. I think today's the first day I'm wearing a full face this week. Things got in the way, I've an annoying cold, and wasnt really in the mood.
Today I was in kind of a 'go big or go home' mood and have the feeling I put a lot of stuff on my face, although I also have a Rosacea flare up which is also mildly annoying because it makes blush looking ridiculous. Ah well.

FACE: Bourjois CC cream in Ivory, Nars Illuminating Setting Powder, Mac The Perfect Cheek and Legendary blushes mixed, Guerlain ballz (I usually don't like them and wanted to test drive them again to see if I still don't like them - the jury's still out!), Bourjois concealer, brow powder, Clinique redness solution powder, Maybelline brow gel

EYES: UPDD, Nars Kauai (purple shade) - lid, L'Oreal Infallible in Sultry Smoke - crease, Typographic - outer v, Blanc Type - browbone highlighter. Liners: Sephora Black Lace on upper lashline, Mac Rave p/g on lower lashline, Essence Lash Princess mascara.

Lips: I've yet to leave the house, so I'm still pondering my lipstick choice - Maybe Mystical? We'll see!

Oh, and I totally agree with whoever said that the lipstick challenge should be fun - I won't deprive myself of my fave lipsticks and will just try to use the other regularly!

And now I'll go out and swatch the Armani eyetints. Wish me luck - that could turn disastrous for my wallett!

Shars

You guys have been chatting up a storm! I, in the meantime, was totally lazy. I think today's the first day I'm wearing a full face this week. Things got in the way, I've an annoying cold, and wasnt really in the mood.
Today I was in kind of a 'go big or go home' mood and have the feeling I put a lot of stuff on my face, although I also have a Rosacea flare up which is also mildly annoying because it makes blush looking ridiculous. Ah well.

FACE: Bourjois CC cream in Ivory, Nars Illuminating Setting Powder, Mac The Perfect Cheek and Legendary blushes mixed, Guerlain ballz (I usually don't like them and wanted to test drive them again to see if I still don't like them - the jury's still out!), Bourjois concealer, brow powder, Clinique redness solution powder, Maybelline brow gel

EYES: UPDD, Nars Kauai (purple shade) - lid, L'Oreal Infallible in Sultry Smoke - crease, Typographic - outer v, Blanc Type - browbone highlighter. Liners: Sephora Black Lace on upper lashline, Mac Rave p/g on lower lashline, Essence Lash Princess mascara.

Lips: I've yet to leave the house, so I'm still pondering my lipstick choice - Maybe Mystical? We'll see!

Oh, and I totally agree with whoever said that the lipstick challenge should be fun - I won't deprive myself of my fave lipsticks and will just try to use the other regularly!

And now I'll go out and swatch the Armani eyetints. Wish me luck - that could turn disastrous for my wallett!
Good luck. I just saw Temptalia's sneak peek swatches of those and I'm scared to swatch them myself!

Anneri

Good luck. I just saw Temptalia's sneak peek swatches of those and I'm scared to swatch them myself!
I can only say - be afraid. Be very afraid.

Although I haven't worn them yet, of course, only swatched every shade. I came away with the silvery-purple one and will try to wear it tomorrow to see how it'll hold up during the day!

Shars

Although I haven't worn them yet, of course, only swatched every shade. I came away with the silvery-purple one and will try to wear it tomorrow to see how it'll hold up during the day!
Oh dear!
thud.gif

Obsidian, Minuit, Emeraude, Green Iron and Senso have my eyes.

sagehen

Just got my La Femme lip stains...my first thought is...dang these things are small. I will have more impressions later.

aradhana

your eye look sounds pretty! i'm on the fence about the guerlain ballz too. i tried the compact version once in the store and it was super nice. but i have yet to take that plunge...it was well over $100, which is way beyond my usual threshold for makeup purchases... ;)

my purple eyes today were achieve with violetta duo by nars - purple shade on lid, stone beige shade above crease. i also used LM caviar stick in plum to line my eyes - thickly on top, and just a smidge on the outer 1/3 of the bottom. i added fig.1 on the outer corners of my lash lines. in the past i haven't used violetta much because i bought it for the beige shade - it's pretty much a perfect match to my skin tone for a natural brow bone. the lavender shade i found was too pastel and pinky, but i'm finding that it's less so when i apply it with the plum caviar stick and fig.1. so i might start using that duo a little more!
for my lips of the day i wore yash with plum lip liner. very mlbb.

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

I departed from purple early and wore a smokey eye constructed w/my YSL Fétiche palette and I wore MAC Hodgepodge lip liner, Pillow Talk lipstick & YSL Beige Peau #40 Glossy Stain.