Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Prettypackages

I'm seriously going to have to start making notes about this thread, so that I can remember what I'm trying to imitate and the names of all the products I want to try. Today was an Armani day- I wore a look with their shadow "Moon Jelly", which is an amazing "blurple" colour. Unfortunately, it has a tendency to fade, so it's not quite as striking by the end of the day. Inspired by some of the discussion here, I combined it with a very light, icy green (from the Dior Blue Lagoon palette) and I used Mac "Fathoms Deep" to deepen the inner corners and crease. (That's another one that fades on me, unfortunately.) I also used an Armani lipstick, Rouge Ecstasy #603 "Urban Nude", which is a sort of grey-purple-rosewood that does add up to a darker kind of nude shade. Of sorts. The formula isn't quite as good as the other RE shades that I have, so it's a bit trickier to work with, but the colour is quite unique.

Hm... Seems like today was full of products that are a little persnickety. Oh well, it felt good for me to work with them a bit.
I've done that many times, there are so many gems in this thread. I actually need to go back a few pages now to get caught up.

Medgal07

Just because that is the truth does NOT mean you needed to speak it lol.
busted.gif
lmao.gif

Shars

Glad you're having a good purple eye week Shars. Were those Bite Beauty Lipduos known for breaking? When I read this I had a vague recollection that people returned them for that reason.
I don't think may people have had the issue. However, I've heard people say that they don't fare well in heat and I feel that was what happened today. I had it in my handbag and just grabbed it in the car to reapply and it snapped right off. I haven't had the issue with the other duo I have. Serves me right for applying my lipstick in traffic in the car
sigh.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

jawdrop.gif

Just because that is the truth does NOT mean you needed to speak it lol.
clap.gif
Low punches Meddy lol!
boxing.gif

Medgal07

I'm thinking Trinidad is too neutral/yellow for me too. In the TeamBuyItAll thread someone posted the link to swatches of the new foundation and I think New Orleans is more my shade as well.

http://cafemakeup.com/2015/01/21/nars-day-luminous-weightless-foundation-swatches-almost-shades/

I wear 355 Coconut in the Maybelline Fit Me which is my perfect shade but is too dewy. I want to try the new Fit Me Matte but have committed to finishing some bottles before I buy any more makeup. I was matched as MAC NW45 in their studio fix fluid foundation but that is a bit too dark and by the time it oxidises, it looks really weird. Funny enough, I wear NW43 in the powder version and like that better so may get a sample of that shade in the liquid. I see there's an NW44 now too so may also get a sample of that. I had a sample of Urban Decay's foundation. The MUA matched me to number 12 but that is too dark. I think 11 may be slightly too yellow but may still work. I found that foundation to be too dewy even though I loved how light it felt on my face. I also tried the Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra 24hr one in 510 Suede C. It was a good colour match but it was a tad too dewy for me. It would probably work for winter time but we don't get winter here so that was a shame. I may still try another sample and play around with some mattifying primers I have. My go-to foundation for a while was Revlon's Photoready Liquid Foundation in the shade 011 Capuccino. I feel like it's my skin in a bottle. I wore it today after a long break and fell in love again. Recently, I've been loving the Estee Lauder foundations. I picked up one from a line called Double Matte in the shade 24 Warm Chestnut which is my exact shade but oxidises too dark. I bought it from a CCO and was hoping to pick up a lighter shade to see if it would be the right shade after oxidising only to realise that Estee Lauder doesn't make the Double Matte line anymore and I don't want to fall in love with a discontinued shade lol. It keeps me matte for the whole working day though. I also picked up the Double Wear from the CCO in the shade 6W2 Spice and love it. It's probably either a shade too light or too yellow but when I mix it with the MAC NW45, it is perfection!! Spice, unfortunately is a discontinued shade but I hope to find the perfect shade for me in the current Double Wear line. I hope this was long paragraph was of use to you. I'd love to know what foundations you've been loving.

I don't think may people have had the issue. However, I've heard people say that they don't fare well in heat and I feel that was what happened today. I had it in my handbag and just grabbed it in the car to reapply and it snapped right off. I haven't had the issue with the other duo I have. Serves me right for applying my lipstick in traffic in the car
sigh.gif

You had me at "heat"....it's snowing here. We could use some heat!!!!
clap.gif
Low punches Meddy lol!
boxing.gif
lol.gif
rofl.gif
You have to catch me first!!! I might be old but I'm a light weight & I can run!!!
th_happy1.gif

awickedshape

Hi I haven't been in sync with the challenge for a while so I haven't posted. This is from two days ago lol I used the YSL Couture Palette 9 (plummy pink on lid and light pink under browbone and inner corners) and Ardency Inn Royal pigment (crease) and NARS Audrey (lips). The usual not-so-good pics from the end of the day:
08a06075_2015-01-2206.01.09.jpeg
a70d136a_2015-01-2206.03.52.jpeg

Medgal07

I forgot to mention that I finally got around to wearing MAC Rebel this week. I can't recall the last time prior to this that I wore it. ​It was lighter than I recall---I was taken aback by that, so I darkened it with Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss Controversy 72, a very deep burgundy-----I was much happier with it.

awickedshape

:wavey: [COLOR=0000FF]​Ahoy AWS.  So good to see you.  I'm loving this look---especially the the way the purple shade is peeping from your crease, and Audrey is beautiful on you!!![/COLOR] :pretty:  
Thanks, Medgal07! Audrey was richer and deeper earlier during the day, there was some fading after lunch, which is not bad at all. Yay, NARS lol

aradhana

Audrey was richer and deeper earlier during the day, there was some fading after lunch, which is not bad at all. Yay, NARS lol
i like how it looks also - it doesn't look like freshly applied lipstick - it looks like your lips are just naturally that pretty shade. :)

how do you like the ardency inn pigments? i was looking at them the last time i was in sephora, though the ones i had my eye on (vintage gold and disco) were very sparkly. i found the shades super pretty, but then wasn't sure how the sparkle would translate to my lids. and it didn't help that i couldn't decide on just one. i swatched them about 5 times and walked around the store 10 times...and ended up not getting them during that visit. LOL. maybe next time...

Medgal07

Audrey was richer and deeper earlier during the day, there was some fading after lunch, which is not bad at all. Yay, NARS lol
NARS did a great job with their lippies, and Audrey really becomes you. I managed to escape with just a couple them but made up for it
elsewhere.
girlhaha.gif

Vineetha

Hi I haven't been in sync with the challenge for a while so I haven't posted. This is from two days ago lol I used the YSL Couture Palette 9 (plummy pink on lid and light pink under browbone and inner corners) and Ardency Inn Royal pigment (crease) and NARS Audrey (lips). The usual not-so-good pics from the end of the day:
Love that look aWS!!

awickedshape

i like how it looks also - it doesn't look like freshly applied lipstick - it looks like your lips are just naturally that pretty shade.  :) how do you like the ardency inn pigments? i was looking at them the last time i was in sephora, though the ones i had my eye on (vintage gold and disco) were very sparkly. i found the shades super pretty, but then wasn't sure how the sparkle would translate to my lids. and it didn't help that i couldn't decide on just one. i swatched them about 5 times and walked around the store 10 times...and ended up not getting them during that visit. LOL. maybe next time...
Thank you :) They have some really nice shades! I've only used Royal once for a whole day (I'd been looking for that shade for a while) so far and I found it to wear off and lose vibrancy a bit over over the course of the day. But I really wanted that shade lol
[COLOR=0000FF]   NARS did a great job with their lippies, and Audrey really becomes you.  I managed to escape with just a couple them but made up for it[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   elsewhere.[/COLOR] :haha:
I know the feeling lol It's a stellar line :)
Love that look aWS!!
Thank you, Vee!

meka72

Very pretty AWS! I want to try the AI pigments but don't know how to use pigments and would likely put my eye out. Lol. I love that purple shade though!

awickedshape

Very pretty AWS! I want to try the AI pigments but don't know how to use pigments and would likely put my eye out. Lol. I love that purple shade though!
Thanks, Meka! These are pressed like eyeshadows and although Royal has a disclaimer that it can't be used around the eyes, I applied it in the crease with one of the sponge tip applicators that I use a lot of the time for eyeshadow. I tried it over a lipstick once to get a purple shade but I took it off right after as I was just experimenting. I do think it's pricey for one shade but I really wanted this particular shade.