Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Shars

I decided to join everyone in the different lipstick everyday challenge! I wasn't much of a lipstick person until early last year so I only have 27 lip products that get rotated pretty regularly (I also try my best to avoid buying dupes)... but now I think it will be fun wear a different shade every day for that time period!

So I have 18 lipsticks, 5 liquid lipsticks and 4 glosses.

Today I wore MAC's Red Balloon (sooo fun)!!!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
We're also doing purple eyeshadow looks this week so feel free to join in on that as well :)

mango13

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
We're also doing purple eyeshadow looks this week so feel free to join in on that as well :)
That's awesome 'cos I'm really trying hard to finish my Dior Stylish Move quint! I strongly dislike it and I cannot wait to finish it and replace it with better purples!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
hello all...
for purple eye inspiration i thought you might appreciate this video i came across:

0.jpg

it's purple and green actually - not sure i would have considered mixing the two this way, but it looks nice. i might try it later this week...i don't have the UD palette featured, but maybe the purply shade and the green shade from the marc jacobs vamp palette would be good alternates? or i was thinking MAC oomph and plum dressing, but i'm saying that without having them in front of me...
I haven't taken the time to watch it yet, but I'm eager to see what she does, especially since her eye colour looks close to mine. It's strange, because they look blue-grey from a distance, but there's a surprising amount of yellow in them as well, which I see in hers.

I actually like purple and green together quite a lot. It's unexpected but they can work together.

Today I did a look that seemed like a good idea and once I got it applied, I realised that it was extremely similar to the look I wore NYE- golden/ purple eye, warm cheeks, purplish lipstick. The colours were slightly different, but I guess it's evidence that I do gravitate towards certain looks. Here's what I did:

Eyes:
Mac Paint Pot Painterly
Armani Eye Tint Rose Ashes (all over lid)
Le Metier de Beauté Crucible (outer corners and crease), Axiom (blended around the edges of Crucible)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light (brow bone highlight)
Urban Decay e/l Rockstar (upper lash lines)
Benefit They're Real mascara

Cheeks:
Mac blush My Paradise (you could substitute Nars Gina, I think)
Hourglass Luminous light

Lips:

Mac Style Curve (could substitute Nars Sylvia)

Crucible was my purple shadow, although I feel like it's cheating to call it a real purple. It's a warmish mulberry colour. Has some purple in it, so I'm saying it counts.
angelic.gif
I just love how the lipstick challenge is making me go back and evaluate shades I haven't tried for a while, because I'm saving some of my favourites.

Medgal07

Welcome aboard! Considering that you only really joined Team Lipstick last year, that's a very healthy collection!

I haven't taken the time to watch it yet, but I'm eager to see what she does, especially since her eye colour looks close to mine. It's strange, because they look blue-grey from a distance, but there's a surprising amount of yellow in them as well, which I see in hers.

I actually like purple and green together quite a lot. It's unexpected but they can work together.

Today I did a look that seemed like a good idea and once I got it applied, I realised that it was extremely similar to the look I wore NYE- golden/ purple eye, warm cheeks, purplish lipstick. The colours were slightly different, but I guess it's evidence that I do gravitate towards certain looks. Here's what I did:

Eyes:
Mac Paint Pot Painterly
Armani Eye Tint Rose Ashes (all over lid)
Le Metier de Beauté Crucible (outer corners and crease), Axiom (blended around the edges of Crucible)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light (brow bone highlight)
Urban Decay e/l Rockstar (upper lash lines)
Benefit They're Real mascara

Cheeks:
Mac blush My Paradise (you could substitute Nars Gina, I think)
Hourglass Luminous light

Lips:

Mac Style Curve (could substitute Nars Sylvia)

Crucible was my purple shadow, although I feel like it's cheating to call it a real purple. It's a warmish mulberry colour. Has some purple in it, so I'm saying it counts.
angelic.gif
I just love how the lipstick challenge is making me go back and evaluate shades I haven't tried for a while, because I'm saving some of my favourites.
Anything in, near or around the purple family totally counts........PURPLE IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!!!!!

sagehen

@Aradhana, thanks for suggesting Galapagos with Ashes to Ashes. I'll try that combo soon! ETA: @Meddy, I always forget to try your tip of putting cream blush under foundation. I'm usually running late and operate on auto pilot and never remember to try new things. @Sage, I'll have my mother go to Rite Aid to pick up Black Walnut for me. Is it hard to blend?
Not hard to blend at all. no buy over! La Femme lip stains on CRC! Basket filling up!

aradhana

my purple eyes:
feminine edge fluid line as base all over upper lid
keepsakes/plum - taupeless (icy pink with silver sparkle, lustre) above crease, over brow bone, almost up to brows
keepsakes/plum - fashion beat (dirty violet grey, vxp )on upper lid and to lower lashline
keepsakes/plum - magic moor (rich blackened plum w pearl, vxp) to outer v
keepsakes/plum - plum grand (dirty frosty lavender, vxp) to blend magic moor into lid
ud rockstar 24/7 liner in a dramatic cat eye to upper lash line, and to lower lashline

coral cheeks: tarte 'tipsy' amazonian clay blush

coral lips: out for fun (cool coral) casual colour

i'm thinking i'm going to try the pixiwoo look tomorrow. has anyone tried it yet? would be interested to know how it turned out!

Prettypackages

hello all...
for purple eye inspiration i thought you might appreciate this video i came across:

0.jpg

it's purple and green actually - not sure i would have considered mixing the two this way, but it looks nice. i might try it later this week...i don't have the UD palette featured, but maybe the purply shade and the green shade from the marc jacobs vamp palette would be good alternates? or i was thinking MAC oomph and plum dressing, but i'm saying that without having them in front of me...
I just gave this palette to my aunt... this look makes me wish I hadn't.

meka72

I hope everyone had a good day! I wanted to post really quickly before I rolled over to go to sleep. I really liked my makeup today especially my eye makeup. It was super simple but looked very put together: Laura Mercier plum caviar stick on the lid and Mac Swiss chocolate to the crease; CoverGirl/Loreal gel liner to line upper lids; and MUFE smokey eye mascara (I remembered!!). My lipstick of the day was Revlon matte lip balm in Shameless. This is the rest of my makeup, which I will repeat throughout the week: Primer: Korrea anti-aging primer Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow in New Orleans Concealer: Nars creamy concealer in Amande (under eye) and Cafe (blemishes) Highlighter: Estée Lauder Gelee highlighter in Shimmering Sands Blush: Chanel Angelique Powder: Ben Nye powder in Topaz (to set under eye); Koh Gen Do finishing powder (to set remainder) Have a good night!

mango13

Oh wow Mango. What is it that you dislike about the Stylish Move palette?
It's just sooo dry! I have to pack a shadow on and on just to get decent pigmentation, but at least the highlight shade works and I really like the lightest purple shade...oh, and the pink swatches white which is pretty ridiculous
ohboy.gif

Today is day two of my lipstick/lip product challenge because yesterday I didn't leave the house and wore no makeup. I'm wearing MAC's Goddess of the Sea!!!

sagehen

OK, a quick catch-up: January 16 I wore MAC Gunner January 19, I wore Maybelline Ruby Star Yesterday I wore MAC No Faux Pas Today, MAC 5N (losing its vanilla scent, maybe time for B2M pile?) same face combo as last time I posted, I think (Stila Natural Finish fdn, EL Double Matte, etc, City Colors contour powder only, BR Toasted Almond blush) EYES: WnW Fergie Primer, shimmer WnW Comfort Zone palette, dark goldy-green on lid, lighter green in crease, left side, 3rd shade down for transition, top right shade under brow) MAC Feline, heavily applied Rimmel London brow pencil, Dark Brown, Rimmel GlamEyes mascara, 003Extreme Black

Medgal07

It's just sooo dry! I have to pack a shadow on and on just to get decent pigmentation, but at least the highlight shade works and I really like the lightest purple shade...oh, and the pink swatches white which is pretty ridiculous
ohboy.gif

Today is day two of my lipstick/lip product challenge because yesterday I didn't leave the house and wore no makeup. I'm wearing MAC's Goddess of the Sea!!!
Dior certainly has its hits and misses with eyeshadow. I purchased the Dior quint, Bar especially for the soft pink e/s and like your pink, it's actually white----very
disappointing, but the e/s performed well.

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

OK, a quick catch-up:

January 16 I wore MAC Gunner
January 19, I wore Maybelline Ruby Star
Yesterday I wore MAC No Faux Pas
Today, MAC 5N (losing its vanilla scent, maybe time for B2M pile?)

same face combo as last time I posted, I think (Stila Natural Finish fdn, EL Double Matte, etc, City Colors contour powder only, BR Toasted Almond blush)

EYES:
WnW Fergie Primer, shimmer
WnW Comfort Zone palette, dark goldy-green on lid, lighter green in crease, left side, 3rd shade down for transition, top right shade under brow)
MAC Feline, heavily applied
Rimmel London brow pencil, Dark Brown, Rimmel GlamEyes mascara, 003Extreme Black
No Faux Pas is pretty Sage. And yes, 5N belongs in the B2M pile.

sagehen

:wavey: [COLOR=0000FF]Hi Meka. Your eye look sounds really pretty---there's a lot to just keeping it simple.  Glad you loved your look![/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] Dior certainly has its hits and misses with eyeshadow.  I purchased the Dior quint, Bar especially for the soft pink e/s and like your pink, it's actually white----very[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   disappointing, but the e/s [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]performed well.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF]No Faux Pas is pretty Sage. And yes, 5N belongs in the B2M pile.[/COLOR]
But I love it so. It was my MLBB before Hot Chocolate. With BBQ lipliner? Man, you couldn't tell me NOTHING!

Medgal07

I've embraced Purple and I've been on theme all week
th_DANCE.gif

EYES:
MAC Half Wild (Mid-tone purple, Frost) as a base
MAC Satellite Dreams E/S to lids
MAC Blackberry to crease & lower lash line
MAC Vibrant Grape to transition
MAC Idol Eyes to highlight Brow
Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick to upper lash line
Urban Decay Rockstar Eye Pencil (Dark Eggplant Purple w/Burgundy) to water line

FACE:
Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Chanel Double Perfection Lumière Powder Foundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MAC Coffee Walnut Pro Sculpting Cream to contour, set wCharlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronzer
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Pressed Opal (Soft Gold) to highlight facial high planes
MAC Blush Ombré, Vintage Grape (pink to purple degrade)
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish-Natural Powder to set
Givenchy Prisme Libre 7 Voile Rose dusted over face
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
MAC Fashion Boost (Vivid pinkish fuchsia) lip pencil
MAC Midnight Mambo, Mineralize (Purple-pink)
MAC Cremesheen Glass, Narcissus ( Pink-purple)

NAILS:

OPI Alley Cat (Pinkish Purple)

Prettypackages

Hmmm, so I think with the new lipstick challenge, we should be able to repeat a lipstick if our look didn't work out as planned. LOL Yeah, today didn't quite work out. LOL

I didn't like my look for Gunner either.

Shars

Hmmm, so I think with the new lipstick challenge, we should be able to repeat a lipstick if our look didn't work out as planned. LOL Yeah, today didn't quite work out. LOL

I didn't like my look for Gunner either.
girlhaha.gif
As long as you're not messing up your look on purpose so you can wear your lippie again.

Prettypackages

Ooh. You must let us know how they worked out for you when you get a chance!

Oooh I like. I think we might be the same shade. I have the same concealers and also use Topaz to set my undereye. How do you like the NARS Sheer Glow? I've been experimenting with new foundations recently and may try one or two of the NARS ones at some point.
girlhaha.gif
As long as you're not messing up your look on purpose so you can wear your lippie again.
Me? Never! hehehehehe.. yesterday 's look was nice but I forgot my mascara and I didn't put the lipstick on until 3. I think that deserves a do over too!

Today's might be better than I thought. I'm lazy, so i'll post my looks tonite.