This just in: Price increase 2009

ambicion6

uggggghhhhhh. they must figure that even though the US economy is going downhill, women will still pay for their high end cosmetics at any price...WRONG! eventually those that are struggling with income (me! poor grad student) will switch to other similar brands that are less expensive. ugh. guess i better stock up now.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Im glad I have my eyeshadow collection - because my collecting days are coming to a close.

Seriously!
I can't believe they're increasing prices again so soon!
Prices have really gone up since I started buying MAC... and that's part of why I used to love them so much, because they were so much more reasonably priced.

chirufus

SOS.gif
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
drama.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
Seriously!
Prices have really gone up since I started buying MAC... and that's part of why I used to love them so much, because they were so much more reasonably priced.

Agreed.
Agreed.

If I wanted to buy makeup as expensive as Chanel and Dior I would buy Chanel and Dior
ssad.gif
haha.

CosmePro

It does suck, but IMO you get what you pay for. Iv'e been around the block a few times and cycled through numerous cosmetic lines. I always ALWAYS come back to MAC because the quality is just out of this world. I'll keep collecting regardless.

th_dunno.gif
ssad.gif
th_dunno.gif

nursie

ack! i have about 5 more eyeshadows from the permanent line that i want to add to my collection, so i'm thankful for the heads up. im going to get at least some of those. and no i wont be collecting from LE collections like i used to.

sambibabe

Arrrggg!!! I still find MAC is cheaper than other high-end cosmetics and it is the only brand that I keep go back to use everyday (well, part from MUFE and NARS
smiles.gif
). Thanks for the heads up.. Better go and buy all the stuff in my wishlist!

makeup_queen81

AGAIN? geez...i think when i first started to buy MAC the eyeshadows were like 12 or 13 bucks...now they are 14.50, however MAC still is one of the least expensive high end brands, It still sucks though

NewlyMACd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
inflation is a bitch!

well.. guess I'll go ahead and get my face brushes now.

Right. I might as well get all my essentials now. Maybe I will use my xmas bonus and do a huge haul. I wonder what this does for the collections also

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmePro
It does suck, but IMO you get what you pay for. Iv'e been around the block a few times and cycled through numerous cosmetic lines. I always ALWAYS come back to MAC because the quality is just out of this world. I'll keep collecting regardless.

th_dunno.gif
ssad.gif
th_dunno.gif

I agree...

and you guys know that MAC will still be significantly cheaper than Chanel and Dior. It will still be a high quality/high end cosmetics brand at one of the cheapest price points out there.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
Is this due to the economy or other factors?

I still think they should make their product tamper evident, they must be losing a bundle with all the returns
ssad.gif
. And MAC pro needs to be reworked so that there isn't so much of a discount given to those who are undeserving. I am tired of hearing smug
censored.gif
girls on forums talk about how easy it is to cheat the system.
fight.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB
Frig - prices just went up and now they're going up again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
Seriously!

its not really due to the economy, but in a way it is. the cost of ingredients increases every year, so the cost to make products increases, and so does the purchase price.

they're just gonna increase what didn't increase the last time-lipsticks, glosses, brushes, skincare (some went up in july, some didn't), etc. they're not gonna increase stuff that did already, like shadows, foundations, and blushes.

HOTasFCUK

Time to start hauling in the sales threads here!

I can just imagine what the Canadian prices will be like!

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
If I wanted to buy makeup as expensive as Chanel and Dior I would buy Chanel and Dior
ssad.gif
haha.

It's still won't be close to Chanel prices, thank goodness, even after the increase. MAC is still affordable, compared to many other brands (Bobbie Brown, Laura Mercier, EL) if we choose wisely and don't buy everything just because it's new.

color_lover456

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Like they are not already making a killing!!!....It really bites because I come from the Cosmetic Mfg Industry and I know exactly how much each item costs to make including packaging!!! Ok my Rant is over...but not really!!
th_stormy.gif
th_mad0217.gif

yea i know i've looked at estee lauder's financial statements and their products cost about 1/4 of what they retail for. that means that a $14 lipgloss costs less than $4 to make...