thoughts on the mists and new brushes

mima

so i went in to see the new collection today expecting to buy at most the new 188 since i'm in love with my 187 and possibly one of the blushes b/c i'm a total LE addict. and i walked out empty handed! the mist blushes are ordinary colours and the spray on hand and apply to face is WAY too much work. and the brush head of the 188 (which is long handled by the way, not short handled) is tiny. i'd much rather pay the extra $10 and buy a 2nd 187. as for the foundations, they too seem like too much work to me. so, for the first time in aaages, i got absolutely nothing from a new MAC collection. oh yeah, the new foundation brush seemed very ordinary to me. i'll stick to my 190.

ebonyannette

I liked the foundation, the MA put it on me and it was very light and make my skin look airbrushed. Its not going to give a whole lot of coverage but if you already have decent skin its great. Its no more work than spraying it on your hand and brushing it on your face, if the hand is too messy use a mirror or some other non porous surface.
I dont think they are HG but I think they are nice especially for those who want sheer coverage.

The 188 was totally cute, it depends on what you use it for. I think this one would be great to highlight or apply blush with. But your right I personally would rather get another 187.

mima

hmm...now you're making me want to go back and try the foundation since i have decent skin but wouldn't mind some sheer coverage. but then again, maybe i'll stick to tinted moisturizer and save some $$ for october 19!
smiles.gif
thanks for the info.

glittergoddess27

I wasn't real impressed with the foundation or the blush,.. it was kinda flat looking on me,.. I guess I had hoped for something a little more "airbrushed" looking as a finished result. But the 188 is a doll. Perfect sized for a great blending brush,.. highlighter,.. contouring,..More control over the area covered. I picked up Electrolady, the 188, and an empty 15 palette

DaizyDeath

about the only thing i like from the collection are the blushes but you could easily get something comparable or better then those 2.

With the 188 Brush for 8.00 more you can get the reg size one so IMO its not worth it.

The foundations are not very good beacuse to me air brush means flawless and these only provide minimal coverage with isnt really airbrush for the money you can get better.

bebs

I really love the new 188, its so cute.
I'll be going to pick up the 191 in the next few months

I had them demo the new foudations on me with strobe cream under it.. I liked it but really I didnt think it was that great it took a lot longer to put on then normal foundation.

the pinkish blush was the only one that stood out to me however they had stray rose out, and I had on cheek with that and the other spray blush and there really wasnt that much of a difference in the light. so I didnt get much of anything besides the 188

duch3ss25

oh thank you thank you for these comments. i was looking forward to getting the 188 but now, i'm definitely going to keep these in mind. for now, i guess, it means more $$ for the pret-a-porter and formal black, yiippeeee!!

idreamincolor

I Looooooooooooove this foundation!!!

This is probably THE best foundation I have ever tried by far!!! It melts on my face like liquid skin! This stuff is absolutely AMAZING!!! It feels great, looks great, and just is plain great! The brushes that came out with this collection are well overdue. I've always wanted a smaller 187 brush, so my prayers are answered!!!, and the 191 is perfect for getting around my hairline and is super soft!!! I ended up getting 2 blushes (Misty Pink and Peach Spirtz), both brushes, and Medium foundation. Just wanted to share my joy!!!!

Katgirl625

This is fantastic news - two collections in a row, and no haul for me. This is a new record. I'm a richer lady today for it!

a914butterfly

i picked up the 188 brush. i have the larger on already, but this is a little smaller so i think its easier to use for highlighting or applying blush. i also picked up the misty pink blush. the blush is nothing special, but wanted to try something new and different

aeni

I think I still want to buy the foundations and save an extra $30 by not buying ERA. I'm ordering the blushes and some foundations b/c I figure a face doesn't have to look flat if you give it the right dimensions (light and shadow) and don't apply it too heavily.

But yeah, even airbrushing won't give someone with heavy scarring or bad skin "flawless skin". It's just key wording to hook anyone in.

Chloe2277

Well I wasn't too impressed! I did walk away with the 188 even though it was way smaller than I imagined it was just too cute! The 191 brush was very soft but it seemed like it might leave streaks when applying foundation IDK I would love to hear the reviews on this. I compared the foundation to the SFF which is what I wear and it was way too sheer for me. It might be buildable but I didn't try and the blush seemed way too messy so I guess more money for the holiday collection!

ccarp001

hmm,thanks for all the info ladies! i was thinking about the foundation but i am NOT about sheer coverage! : )

lara

I took the 188 for a spin today (the brushes and foundations won't be out here for another few weeks) and it's exactly the same as the 187 but with a half-sized head - it applies product the same, it feels the same, it moves the same. The glaring difference is that this brush is a size suitable for blush, highlighting and contouring, whereas the 187 is a little chunky for anything detailed or precise.

If you're a cream blush girl/like doing foundation contouring/like using anything coloured and emollient on the face (CCBs, etc), I say splash out and grab the 188. If you only use your 187 for applying foundation, then stick with the 187.
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

I ordered the foundation off the web site and it came yesterday. So far I really like it. It is sheer, but not THAT sheer. It definitely makes my face look alot better than it really does. LOL No flushing with the rosacea either. So far I'm very happy with it. I bought the lightest color and if it came in an even lighter one I'd probably go for that though.

Latest posts