thoughts on the mists and new brushes

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongurlee
i am an NC 30 in winter, NC 35 in summer. it is autumn, and that makes me an NC32.5 LOL .....

I think I am an NW 24.8673
smiles.gif

I love the texture and feel of the mists, but it (medium light) was to orange for me.
ssad.gif

danabanayna

I am a NW25 and I bought the light medium. I really love the finish and the coverage of this foundation. I also bought the peach blush which I love.

HotLady1970

I was very disappointed of the size of the 188 because I was hoping for a more 129SE-like 187 (if you know what I mean) and the blushes were not that hot either!

ch33tah

i went to the mac store yesterday to finally see the studio mist and i have to say i was pretty dissappointed. i shook the bottle, took off the cap, made sure the nozzle was clean, then sprayed my hand. i got that stuff over my hand alright, but also on my sleeve (which was rolled up a little bit, on my watch as well as on my nails. it literally got anywhere within a 6" radius from the area I aimed the bottle at.
i took the 188 brush and lightly dabbed my hand in a motion, as if i were applying it to my face to see the coverage on teh back of my hand. after a few strokes, it was all smoothed out, and looked like i hadn't applied anything. the i noticed the smell. it was awful. i just don't get how they can make this product smell the way it does. even if i liked the product, i would have not bought it simply on the basis it stinks. :x i'll just stick to my select cover-up, foundation stick and MSF with my 152 for my face for now. it seems to work the best for me.

mommamacgurl

I love my studio mist foundation. I spray it on a plastic artist palette (available at michaels) and then i just apply it with a 188 or 187 brush. I love how it looks and feels.

Kim.

The peach spritz blush turned me into a clown and the bronze made me look REALLY orange I was so dissapointed today.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33tah
.... i noticed the smell. it was awful. i just don't get how they can make this product smell the way it does. even if i liked the product, i would have not bought it simply on the basis it stinks. ...

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. The smell really is noticable and not at all in a good way. I really doesn't smell good and it lingers.

cinnamongurlee

ok i had issues with the foundation today. i had a patch of pimples, and a bit of darkness around my eyes. so much for buildable. it didn't do anything. so yes, skin will look flawless as long as your skin is already decent...the coverage appears to be buildable. then when you have a couple of imperfections, it doesn't do squat, and all the *building* of layers in the world won't help with this foundation!

i think i will like this more in the summer and when my skin is clear. praying for tomorrow!

brandiisamonkey

I tried them out yesterday and I absolutely LOVE them! The light foundation blended perfectly into my skin and I bought the new 191 foundation brush I LOVE this brush! its so "springy" and soft a definate buy, plus I like the flat thin edge! And the Peach Spritz blush on my skin looked so natural, it was the perfect blush for me... so now I gotta find out the shelf life cause I need to buy more blushes lol