thoughts on the mists and new brushes

BlahWah

I'm aaaalmost convinced to splurge on these foundations, but not quite... for those of you who have tried it, are there any discolouration problems like there were with the Studio Fix, and do you find it matches your skin well? I'm NC35 and I'm always teetering between medium/medium dark - have any other NC35-ers tried the Mist?

Thanks!

VeronikaJ

At first, I was not totally in love with the mist foundations but then I just really learned how to work them into my skin and now I LOVE THEM! The blush is especially beautiful! I bought all three
greengrin.gif
I think this will just be a product that everyone has to really try a few times before them make a final judgement. Just play with them, and I bet everyone will love them and they're permanent at MAC Stores!

pumpkincat210

I'm an NC20-got the light- love the way it feels on my skin, but pretty thin coverage. I really like it though and now i want the blushes too.

shabdebaz

Blahwah, the medium/dark is a slightly darker NC35. I think the medium is pretty close to NC30. But, what a glowy, beautiful finish!

MarniMac

I've been thinking about trying the studio mists too...can anyone compare the coverage to studio fix for me?

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabdebaz
Blahwah, the medium/dark is a slightly darker NC35. I think the medium is pretty close to NC30. But, what a glowy, beautiful finish!

Thanks shabdebaz! Maybe since winter's coming, I'll try the medium. Hope it works!

SoHeartc0rex3

My lonely little Misty Pink in my bathroom has yet to be opened.
thud.gif
I bought it on a whim, I liked the idea of spraying it.
weeping.gif
My impulsive buying needs to be stopped, haha. If I don't like it, I think I'll give it to my sister.

stellarx1587

I actually really like the new Studio Mist Foundation. I tried it out today and it was great. It felt really nice on my skin and blended nicely. It gave a good amount of coverage and it felt very moisturizing on my skin. I used the new 191 brush... and I actually prefer this brush to the 190. I like the flat end of it because it seems like it blended the foundation onto my skin better. I haven't tried the Studio Mist Blush though. I bought it, but just haven't tried it. And like Lara said, the 188 is great for light HL and contouring.

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath

The foundations are not very good beacuse to me air brush means flawless and these only provide minimal coverage with isnt really airbrush for the money you can get better.

Amen, sister! I tried on the foundation with my regular Studio Fix on top, and it looked pretty good...but, I was expecting a better finish out of the foundation alone.

Also, I broke out for the next two days. After that, I decided to take a peek at the ingredients...

Artifical BEESWAX?

No thanks, I don't think I'm gonna be putting a candle on my face.

cinnamongurlee

i am an NC 30-35 and medium dark is a perfect match for me. i also have the peach spritz blush and it is beautiful on.

i love my studio mist products. i just wish they came a little bigger for the money

BlahWah

^ Medium dark, eh? Hrrm... I tried on Medium today and it looked dark on my cheeks, but light on my forehead. I just came back home from the counter (empty-handed =T) and took off half my face to compare the SFF and SFP.

On my hand the Mist looked better, matching more of my yellow tones in my asian skin and looking lighter. On my face, however, the SF's look lighter. The SF's are also definitely more matte. I apply both by spritzing Fix + after picking up product, but even with that you can't get the glowiness of the Studio Mist. The MA at the counter said that they're not buildable, but I'm going to try to challenge that (if I pick it up). I really love how blendable it is tho - sometimes the SFF dries out a bit as I'm applying, and that's *with* the Fix +!

I'm going to see how it fares on my face tonight (tho it's nothing like wearing it for a whole day). I might even leave it on overnight (gasp!) just to try it out. If I could, I'd just pick up the blushes and the foundation - I love the colours of the blushes!

*2-hr update* I love the feel of the Mist on my face, nice and dry, whereas the SFF feels dewy. My SIL says both look almost the same, a slight matte (SFF)/glowy (SM) difference. If the Mist doesn't wipe off as easily as the SFF, it's a definite buy for me!

Ksstavros

I can't wait to give mine a try........they will be shipping out on 10/13...I got the light studio mist and the peach spritz blush.

cinnamongurlee

i received my studio mist and studio mist blush

i am an NC 30 in winter, NC 35 in summer. it is autumn, and that makes me an NC32.5 LOL

the medium dark blends perfectly into my complexion, and the coverage is sheer, but buildable. i was actually impressed by the coverage it gave.

just an aaside...i am not a fan of putting things on my hands to mix or work into brushes, so i have this old mirror that i use. i put my foundations on it, and mix eyeliner sealant and pigments on it. it is a surface which is easy to clean, then you can put liquid soap on it and clean your brushes on the mirror!

this morning i had to spray three 1-second bursts and use my foundation brush to get the coverage i wanted. in the end i did use less than i would have used for liquid foundation. i finished with Blot loose powder. my skin looks great. better than with my usual liquid and powder combo and the finish is silky, and the effect is flawless. i can't see any pores, and there is no migration so far.

when using the blush, placed two-1 second bursts (i bought peach spritz), onto the mirror, and used the 187 brush to apply. i love the effect and colour i got from it. once i got it on, i added a little bit of MSF in stereo rose for some luminousity.

just so you know, the blush aerosol is smaller than the foundation aerosol, and the amount sprayed per blast is less from the blush than the foundation. there is a little but of a cloud that ends up in the air after you spray, but it isn't messy or anything.

i had to literally run to work as i was late playing with my new goodies. i was sweaty, but the foundation hasn't budged and the finish has not even thought about turning shiny. the blush is still going strong, and after a good sprinting to work, my blush has usually faded by now

i hate to say it, but i had little to no expectation from these products. but these ones are winners

so if you are able to get a foundation match, i would highly recommend this product.

as for the blush, i am thinking that i will like the pink one better. not that i don't like the peach one...it is just that i have better colours of blush in powder form in a peachy tone for my complexion. so i am keeping my fingers crossed that the pink blush will appear at my local counter soon so i can try it out.

BlahWah

Thanks for such a detailed review! I'm wondering if my original colouring's off now, since I've also been working with being NC32.5 :lolz: but medium looked better than med-dark, if anything it was already on the dark side. I'll have to play around with them again to make sure.

ebonyannette

ha ha@ your signature BlahWah

Thanks for the review, I liked the Studio Mist even though some peeps gave it bad reviews, this made me sure I want it now.