Tim Burton remaking Alice in Wonderland

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
Completely agree... But I do like Johnny Deep. I still might pass on this one ... burton's movies are all the same .... His style was cool at first and then it got old..

I liked Sweeny Todd, he was a perfect director for that
Edward scissor hands was original when it came out
But he Ruined Willy Wonka ... ,the new movie is CREEPY

The original was creepy too. But that's what I loved about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey_08
i LOVE tim burton films!!! him and johnny depp are perfect partners they both seem to get eachother and have that dark but comic edge. im currently on my way to cornwall to kidnapp mr depp and make him my love slave!!!!!! love hiiiim!!!!!

not a huge fan of helena bonham-carter though i must say.

Helena Bonham-Carter is Tim Burton's girlfriend. Once you realize that you see why she's almost all his films.

I'm going to see this because Johnny Depp can fart on film and I will be there to watch it.

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
I am looking forward to it, but I was expecting something a bit more surreal. Don't stone me, but I am sick of Johnny Depp in these types of roles.

i love you.
th_worship.gif

aziajs

Quote:
I am looking forward to it, but I was expecting something a bit more surreal.

Agreed.

Quote:
Don't stone me, but I am sick of Johnny Depp in these types of roles.

And agreed.

MACLovin

yeah i hope they don't screw it up like they did charlie and the chocolate factory =/ but i'll give it a shot if anything for the visuals! i wanna see it in IMAX, should be cool

AlliSwan

I think this is ok to post here, it's a video of Natalie Tran from YouTube (she's hilarrrrrious, I totally heart her to death) and at about 1:30 there's video of the Alice in Wonderland set that they rebuilt for Comicon.

YouTube - Free Stuff Is Better

COBI

I guess I don't see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory as a remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, so I don't see it as ruining anything.

They are two different interpretations of the story versus remakes like the Thomas Crown Affair where there is an attempt to remain truer to the original interpretation.

I like both versions; I prefer the Burton version for artistic value and the original version for camp and sentimental reasons since I grew up with it.

________
I didn't realize it was taking place in a completely new timeframe until now:
The traditional tale has been freshened with a blast of girl power, courtesy of writer Linda Woolverton (Beauty and the Beast). Alice, 17, attends a party at a Victorian estate only to find she is about to be proposed to in front of hundreds of snooty society types. Off she runs, following a white rabbit into a hole and ending up in Wonderland, a place she visited 10 years before yet doesn't remember. (imdb.com)

kiss

I am excited to see this movie but I hate that they chosen that girl for the white queen? She should just stay in the princess diaries where she belongs. haha

I don't get why so may people don't like willy wonka, I love that movie but the ompa loompas should have been different.

kaliraksha

I will probably see it because I adore Alice in Wonderland... book and all. But, I do think that Johnny Depp and Tim Burton keep sticking with what makes them money... and I wasn't a fan of Willy Wonka either... the oompa loompas frightened me =/

MizzVivaGlam

Wow I haven't heard about this but I will be dying to see it. An R-rated version would probaly be sooo good though.