• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tinted Lip Balm * EASY & NO MESS *

Miss Pumpkin

Does it stay like that, or it goes hard? I love the colour of that one!!! *Feels very tempted to grab vaseline and sample of rose*

RicanPrincipessa

Question: Could I possibly create some great colors and lip balms... and sell them to friends and family... I dont see why not.... but cha neva know!

I have a friend coming over this weekend and were gonna go crazy with pigments and NYC lipbalm!!!

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicanPrincipessa
Question: Could I possibly create some great colors and lip balms... and sell them to friends and family... I dont see why not.... but cha neva know!

Why not!

I see a lot of homemade decals and shirts on Ebay so I don't see why you can't sell that!

RicanPrincipessa

Hurrah!

Funny how I know im going to be spending money on creating new colors with pigments just to go back and take "profit" to buy more m.a.c.!

kissmypinkstar

That's fantastic! Thanks for the tutorial
smiles.gif

REYNALD0C

Aww I want to do this!.. I wanna do this with like the clear MAC Lip conditioner, and some kinda neutral pigment!

cyens

Cool Im so happy you guys like it
smiles.gif

Vuittonvictim thank for posting your flicks, your mix looks awsome...
I want to eventually get more pigments, I have to see which colors I'll get...

PS: the pigment I used in the second mix is electric coral...

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana
Neat! Thanks for the tutorial. How do you find the taste/texture of the NYC balm? I don't want to waste pigment on a lipblam I don't like. :)

They got nice texture and taste for the small price, also theyre not sticky if aplied sheerly, I never get my hair stuck on my lips. So I dont think its a waste of pigment at all!!!
Well I got vanilla, passion fruit and kiwi.
Vanilla got the best texture, smell and taste, its less sticky too.
Passion fruit taste like Fruit punch, but I like it, I find my self licking my lips often.
Kiwi taste like synthetic candies, its my less favorite.

You can use any lipgloss you wish thats in a pot form, I like nyc....

black_crx

I would like to try this.. but I first have to buy a good lip conditioner. Most of them make my lips so dry!!

cyens

Im thinking about using the body shop lip butter next time I try this, at least Id get moisturising with my tints....

user3

This is great! I usually just room the gloss or balm by mixing it around. The water part is pure genius!

RedBetty

I picked up a couple of carmex balms to try this with. I think I'm going to use True from Bare minerals, and then probably rose pigment. I'm trying the BM first, because I have a HUGE tub of it, so if I mess up, it's not a big loss!

user4

my oh my, i need to try this!!! i have like a milliong yummy smelling clear lipglosses from the good ol days that i dont use anymore so might as well put em to good use...... thanks for this!!!

Never2MuchMU

It's so easy!

WHAT A GREAT TUTORIAL! I have now a new obsession...making my own lipglosses...hahaha.

I used Burt's Bee's Strawberry flavored clear lip balm, Stila's #12 shimmery eye powder and some cheap d/s clear lipgloss as a mixing medium Now I have my own signature color and that's super yummy and moisturizing!

Swatch for comparison.
432200.jpeg

Lip gloss
432199.jpeg

On my lips
432198.jpeg

RedBetty

Okay, so I made my carmex mixed w/True, and I like it. It gives me a ylbb look, and I like the fact that carmex makes my lips so soft. I think next time I will try it with a gloss base, so I have more of a slippery, shiny look. It's really easy to do, too...

Latest posts