• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tinted Lip Balm * EASY & NO MESS *

fabulouscazza

I just made my first one!! I used Vaseline, Tan pigment ans a white gold pigment of another brand....

I am so excited! it is soooo easy to do!

Thankyou so very much for this tutorial, i can see myself looking everywhere for jars to make many more lip balms

Fab thread!!!

I made my first one too as a result of this thread!! I used a Lush lip balm (I used Lip Lime as they melt in your pocket if you keep it in there for a while!!)

I used Rose

IMG_1931.jpg

It looked nicer than in the photo - the lighting is pants so it didn't show up very well!

michy_mimi

I made my first lip gloss today! I finally found those darn NYC vanilla pots and bought all 5 of them!
smiles.gif

I mixed coco beach, melon and a pinch of lust dust. I think it came out lovely!
smiles.gif

lippygloss.jpg

HeartOfSilver

I mixed melon pigment and a bit of coco pigment into a cheapo pot today and it looks so cool on! Thanks for the tip, ++karma for you!

72Cosmo

How do you think this would work with using the Tutti Dolce lip glosses from Bath and Body works? They come in a tube so I would need to squirt some in a gloss jar. Those taste so good but there isn't much color. If I added pigment .... Best of all the tutti dolce glosses are on sale for $5.00. I have done this with the MAC TLC in the jar and love them. I just mixed them, however this water method looks so much better.

cyens

72Cosmo: I think if you want to use the tube-balm and make it a pot-balm you should had a liltle amount of vaseline in it, because the tube-balm will be too hard to use in the jar.

Same thing goes if you want to turn pot-balm into tube-balm:
Melt a litle amount of natural unbleached Beeswax in the mix so its hard enought to hold in place inside the tube.

72Cosmo

Thanks cyens for your advise. I may just try and find the NYC lip balm. Is this a drugstore brand? I've never heard of it.

cyens

You dont have to absolutly use nyc brand lip balm, you can use anything else if you want, like wet & wild, naturistic, the body shop, burtbees etc etc.

It up to you... Use which ever balm you prefer

islandblossom

Wow, I love this msg board, you guys are so cool! I gotta try making my own lip balm this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.

Latest posts