Tinton Falls, NJ CCO (Jersey Shore Premium Outlets)

hello_kitty

How the rule was always explained to me was 3 of the same thing per visit (which is once a day, as per some manager lady last spring told me)... so 3 lipsticks, 3 eyeshadows, 3 blushes, 3 lipglosses, 3 paint pots... like that combo could all be bought at the same time. Today it morphed into 3 of eye, 3 of lip. Not broken into the product categories (which... where does things like CCBs and paint pots fall in? Eyes? Because they're kinda multipurpose...). So I fully thought what I had was alright because I have gotten combos like that before with no problems, and the sweet old lady even thought it was like that and kept telling the girl "no, this is mineralized, it's not the same!" Everyone in there is on a different page it seems!

It's very uneven across the CCOs. Some go off of no more than 3 of the same color. Some just don't give a crap. And some are secretly keeping tabs on me, LOL. The one I go to on vacation in CO didn't care about rules, and I bought 5 shadows a day, 3 days in a row and not even a whisper. To their defense, the outlets there in CO are so dead I was probably their only customer all day long. *shrugs*

Thanks for the hugs
smiles.gif
I'm feeling better now, just confused. I considering maybe calling later in the week and seeing if I can speak with a manager.

Sass

Hey! I like that it's dead up in there.
th_DANCE.gif
hahahaha...more stuff for us! I'm so knocking on wood right now. Or what I think is wood over here. Ha!

I go into the CCO and always get one of everything I want, go home, find out I love certain item and then want another one so I go pick it up the next time I go. I'm weird like that. I do know I love So Ceylon so I'm going to go pick up two more of those and hopefully I won't be watched doing it. **jeepers creepers*

This is definitely a conspiracy! Are you a spy? I think they're on to you HK... lmaoooooo!

hello_kitty

*Does covert spy moves and flails some brushes around*

*Ducks behind couch*

Dammit, you ruined my cover!
lol.gif

I'm a... secret Soviet cosmetic spy. Because in Soviet Russia, makeup applies you!

You're soooo going to get busted for So Ceylon :p

Or not. I think I was just a freak isolated case. Hopefully for your sake!

Sass

No more Spiced Chocolate Quads...

New in...
Graphic Garden (Nordstrom) collection (all of it)
HK Kitty Kouture Dazzleglass (finally)
HK Too Dolly palette
MAC blush in Whim, Refined MSF, Bitter e/s, Tempting e/s (in Style Warriors packaging), a beauty powder (in Style Warriors packaging), some of the eyeshadows from the Going Going Gone list, Reflects Blue Glitter and a pigment (darn forgot the name) just arrived.

They finally got in Studio Fix Fluid Foundation (nice), Tinted Moisturizer, Fix +, Fix + Rose and Brush cleanser. 252 and a lip brush (forgot the number) are also in. They have many 165 brushes.

Ummm and I think that's it.

oxMadameMacxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
Today was a pathetic day...

I will NEVER be giving any business to this CCO ever again.

Apparently, even though they have NO proof that I have ever been in that store, have been banned from buying certain products. They don't know my name, and I'm sure "white girl with brown hair" isn't proof of anything, but a manager can over the phone, ban me from buying stuff.

I was buying two palettes, 3 shadows, and a mineralize. The sweet heart older lady that works there (I love her, and pity her for working in such a terrible place) rang me up, came to over $100. This young girl poked in and went "you can only buy 3 eye products at a time." So the older lady was like "I thought it was particular products." I said ok, that's fine (I'm a cheery happy person, so this was no big deal to me to put an item or two back), take the mineralize one off. The young girl then stares at me and goes "I'm calling the manager." I was thinking that's kinda of excessive, I don't care if I can't buy that item. Like the older lady, I thought it was 3 of each particular product, but this CCO NEVER has their rules straight.

This is when I said "On Thursday I got 3 palettes and 2 shadows, and it was fine." ---> NOT proof I was ever in there btw.
winks.gif

Well, I don't know what the phone conversation was, but the younger girl comes back and says "my manager will not allow you to buy the quads because you have already bought some in the past few weeks." ?!?!?!? "But she will let you THIS ONE TIME buy the 4 shadows."

Now at this point I was going WTF WTF WTF in my head. This is when I asked for proof of who I was and how they know what I bought. "Oh, we remember you." I politely told her that is not proof of anything. The conversation started to go in circles so I told her no thanks, and that I would only take Silverthorn (I was not leaving there without that thing. Screw the rest, I just had to have Silverthorn).

So my $100+ transaction turned into $10.95 and that will be the final amount of money they will ever get from me. According to their sign of rules, I was not breaking a single rule. In fact, I have been informed by a manager of that store that you just cannot make more than one purchase a day, other than that buy away. There is no tracking system of who I am or what I buy like there is a MAC store unless they dig up credit card records, and that won't help them against me as a lot of the times I don't buy with my personal card (it's a husband, friend, cash, etc).

I know there are a lot more people that visit this CCO way more often that I ever would, and I get the feeling they aren't treated the same way. I don't know who this manager is, so I'm quite insulted by this whole scenario and how they can make a judgment on who I am over a phone. I'm just a girl who loves makeup, collects it like crazy, and am willing to throw money away on it when I should probably be putting it to better uses. Which now I will be... aka full retail at the MAC store where they eagerly take my money.

So happy shopping girls, but they sure the hell ain't ever getting my money (and mostly likely several of my friends' money) ever again.

really? what did the girl look like?

id like to avoid being checked out by her on my next trip XD

ive been going there since around decemeber, and back then there were a few employees i didnt like, but now i find everyone very helpful.

the short older women is by far my favorite. so cute and helpful. she told me her name but i cant remember it. curse old age setting in!!!

theres also a blue haired boy whos helped me out many a time. very sweet and also has stunning makeup, but alas i dont remember his name either!

sorry about the bad expierence, but dont let that ruin it for you. i live closer to woodbury, but the CCO has nothing in mac compared to jersey shore. the forty minute drive is so worth it.

best of luck

madame mac xo

mama2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass
No more Spiced Chocolate Quads...

New in...
Graphic Garden (Nordstrom) collection (all of it)
HK Kitty Kouture Dazzleglass (finally)
HK Too Dolly palette
MAC blush in Whim, Refined MSF, Bitter e/s, Tempting e/s (in Style Warriors packaging), a beauty powder (in Style Warriors packaging), some of the eyeshadows from the Going Going Gone list, Reflects Blue Glitter and a pigment (darn forgot the name) just arrived.

They finally got in Studio Fix Fluid Foundation (nice), Tinted Moisturizer, Fix +, Fix + Rose and Brush cleanser. 252 and a lip brush (forgot the number) are also in. They have many 165 brushes.

Ummm and I think that's it.

Thank you! I had a fun shopping trip!
specktra_rocks.gif

Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2G
Thank you! I had a fun shopping trip!
specktra_rocks.gif

What did you pick up?

mama2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass
What did you pick up?

I got tempting and scene, brush cleanser, 272 brush, zoom lash mascara (I hate mac mascaras, but the manager who is so sweet said she loved that one, so I figured I would try it), eye make up remover (I normally only buy lancome, but figured I would try this one). I wanted Modesty ls, but they were sold out.

I was so close to getting a BB ls, but I controlled myself.

They also had vanilla pigment. I already have a brand new one, otherwise it's a great find.

How often do they get new stuff? I forgot to ask them. I thought it was once a month.

I wish I lived closer. I would visit often.

Also, Cole Haan is having 50% off entire store today.

Sass

I was eyeing one of those Haan bags when I was there. Thanks for the heads up. Trying to save up for the Sephora F&F sale later this month. Yeah Vanilla pigment is there, that just got there. Yes, shipments come in once a month. Everytime I go back there is something new. I'm liking that they have more face stuff now like studio fix fluid, fix +, eye makeup remover, etc. Very neat. Great haul!

mama2G

Can't wait for the sephora sale. I have a long list. I also wanted to check out franklyn mills, but it might be a bit too much for one month.
Tinton Falls has the best brush collection!

Sass

Yes, they have a great brush collection is why I am not in a hurry to get brushes because they have so many. I just picked up the 188 for blush application (NARS blushers are heavily pigmented). I just used it today. I worked perfect. The next brush I'm getting is the 134 (not because I need it) because I just want it. Ha! It's so soft. I feel it every time I go to the CCO.
tong.gif
After that the 194 because I'm going to be trying out Studio Fix Fluid.

Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by utleylover
do cco's carry concealers?

No, our CCO doesn't carry any concealers...yet. Not yet, at least. I will be sure to let all know if I run into.

hello_kitty

They had some off and on over this past summer I remember. When the Studio Touch Up sticks got discontinued they had those for awhile, but I'd agree, they don't stock a large variety or all the shades very often.

Sass

I saw the sticks only once. I would have gotten one, but they didn't have my color. Poo.

hello_kitty

I saw mine (NW20) once, but I didn't really need a backup so I skipped on it. Now I'm back to using it a lot so dammit.. I should've gotten one, haha. I'll probably just switch to a different kind once I use mine up anyway, something to conceal the purpleness under my eyes better.

hello_kitty

They have tons of Magnetic Fields eyeshadows, and some of the permanent line ones like Soft Brown and Copperplate. More Hello Kitty lipsticks, they don't have testers for them because they didn't get too many.

Latest posts