Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

ViolaS24

specktra_welcome.gif
From one newb to another, welcome!

I'm stalking Nordstrom's too. The anticipation is killing me...
Thanks! So excited to be here :)

ViolaS24

I didn't see it Nude Dip come up at all - I can't believe I missed it. I have been stalking like crazy. But the first thing I noticed when I went online (at Saks) today was that (if you sort the page by new releases) the TF quad had moved way down the page and the icon had been changed. It was showing a picture of Nude Dip, and now I think it's showing a picture of Seductive Rose. I couldn't figure out why. So, I decided to call Bergdorf's (the number that Belly put in her post) and just pre-order it there. It's the main thing I want from the collection. In case anyone else wants to do the same thing. (Because one thing I've noticed - if something is going to sell out, it usually sells out at Nordstrom first!!!)
Now I'm debating about pre-ordering as well. Really don't want to miss it. Do we know when it's suppose to release on Nordstrom? I was hoping to use my Nordstrom notes because now I kind of want to get the foundation and a concealing pen too. This is going to leave me broke.

jebogewf

Now I'm debating about pre-ordering as well. Really don't want to miss it. Do we know when it's suppose to release on Nordstrom? I was hoping to use my Nordstrom notes because now I kind of want to get the foundation and a concealing pen too. This is going to leave me broke.
They told me they were taking pre-orders, and that they would (should) have it by the end of the month. And that he (or I'm guessing someone) would call me back before it ships (to confirm, add more stuff, cancel, etc).

ViolaS24

Elegant - I hope you love it too! Please let us know your thoughts. Have you tried an original Traceless Foundation?

elegant-one

Elegant - I hope you love it too! Please let us know your thoughts. Have you tried an original Traceless Foundation?
Yes, I will with pics & swatches. No, I do not have the original one. Is the original one in a square bottle?

I hope its the best foundation ever.

You're so adorable - glad you're here!

ViolaS24

Aww...thank you! It's nice to be able to discuss my makeup obsession with other makeup obsessed girls :)
Yes, it's in the square bottle, it's actually one of my favorite foundations. The coverage is light to medium, but buildable and finish is beautiful, dewy, but not too oily. Nothing is better on the days when you have good skin. So I probably don't need this one, but who am I kidding...it's Tom Ford and I just can't resist.

elegant-one

Aww...thank you! It's nice to be able to discuss my makeup obsession with other makeup obsessed girls :)
Yes, it's in the square bottle, it's actually one of my favorite foundations. The coverage is light to medium, but buildable and finish is beautiful, dewy, but not too oily. Nothing is better on the days when you have good skin. So I probably don't need this one, but who am I kidding...it's Tom Ford and I just can't resist.
It really is wonderful to chat about the things we love & get some very useful information too. I'm new to the TF brand so its nice to know what you think. So far it gets really great reviews. And, if Haven loves it, I know that I will too. I really love my Chanel velvet foundation but it always seems as though there is the next newest best thing.
amuse.gif

laurenb

Hi all, I am a long time lurker and decided to join today just to say I can't believe I missed the quad on Saks!!! I have been stalking like rest of you and will be so upset if I miss it! Has anyone seen any more swatches? Of anything?

Sugar & Spice

I'm going to wait... there is no exact date for the release at any store. So no one knows when they're going to get it but I've always got what I wanted at Nordstrom so I'm going to take my chances there.

Haven

It really is wonderful to chat about the things we love & get some very useful information too. I'm new to the TF brand so its nice to know what you think. So far it gets really great reviews. And, if Haven loves it, I know that I will too. I really love my Chanel velvet foundation but it always seems as though there is the next newest best thing.
amuse.gif
friends.gif

laurenb

Thanks for the links! The Quad looks amazing! Softcore too! What a great TF site!

Has anyone seen good swatches of Stroked?

Haven

I called my local NM and preordered the quad and lighter blush duo. She told me that stores are getting very limited amounts of these products and that even they have not heard a definite release date. It has fluctuated from the middle of this month to the end of September.

jazz253

Are the credit cards charged in advance on preorders? I may want to try more than one store. My SA dropped out of sight.

Latest posts