Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Alysse011

Does anyone else find Sabrina's swatches less accurate these days? I'm not sure if it's her lighting or something else she's doing, or if it's my monitor, but these are so dark compared to rl for the ones I have, and I've had problems with her recent lipstick swatches too. On Beautytalk someone said for her Pat McGrath lipstick swatches it looked like "soft box" (whatever that is?) and the lighting she was using to make herself look lighter had washed out the lipsticks. Opposite of the issue I'm having with these eyeshadow swatches, but is her lighting the problem? I find Mochapj's swatch of Fire Sign here much more true to life, for example:

Tom Ford Updates - Beauty Insider Community
I don’t find her swatches entirely accurate anymore either. This particular set seems more...saturated/rich? I remember searching Fire Sign and when I saw Sabrina’s review I thought “that looks nothing like the Fire Sign I swatched”.

Alysse011

I know these are old news, but I am just now on board with Tom Ford lipsticks. It all started during the VIB sale when I spontaneously swatched Paper Doll and fell in love. I've been using the heck out of that lipstick. Yesterday I somewhat impulsively purchased Bad Lieutenant and Sable Smoke. I'm wearing Sable Smoke today and :heart::wow: I've been looking for a great true nude that didn't pull too pink/brown/orange/concealer-lips on me, and this is definitely it.

awickedshape

I know these are old news, but I am just now on board with Tom Ford lipsticks. It all started during the VIB sale when I spontaneously swatched Paper Doll and fell in love. I've been using the heck out of that lipstick. Yesterday I somewhat impulsively purchased Bad Lieutenant and Sable Smoke. I'm wearing Sable Smoke today and :heart::wow: I've been looking for a great true nude that didn't pull too pink/brown/orange/concealer-lips on me, and this is definitely it.

Welcome to the rabbit hole :shakehead: ;)

KiKi Kontour

LOL @ rabbit hole but its sooooo true!! Sable Smoke and Deep Mink (plus a discontinued gloss-Guity something) and I will say BEWARE of those nudes cuz my SS n DM turnt on me not once but twice and here I am being a sucker for punishment cuz I'm exchanging it for a 3rd time hoping its a charm cuz I love them sooooo much!!

I just order Devore and Paper Doll will my bday gift next month!!

awickedshape

LOL @ rabbit hole but its sooooo true!! Sable Smoke and Deep Mink (plus a discontinued gloss-Guity something) and I will say BEWARE of those nudes cuz my SS n DM turnt on me not once but twice and here I am being a sucker for punishment cuz I'm exchanging it for a 3rd time hoping its a charm cuz I love them sooooo much!!

Yes, Sable Smoke (2013) was the first and only of the dozen+ to start smelling a bit off.

Alysse011

Yes, Sable Smoke (2013) was the first and only of the dozen+ to start smelling a bit off.
Oh no! This was my great fear when it came to these lipsticks. I know they are notorious for going bad. Well, that's just more incentive to use them constantly I suppose. I'm wearing Sable Smoke again today and am really feeling myself LOL

My second great fear with these lipsticks was falling into the rabbit hole. I'm really happy with the 3 shades I got, so I'm telling myself that just because I love these 3 does NOT mean I need 27 more :roflmao::dance:

awickedshape

Oh no! This was my great fear when it came to these lipsticks. I know they are notorious for going bad. Well, that's just more incentive to use them constantly I suppose. I'm wearing Sable Smoke again today and am really feeling myself LOL

My second great fear with these lipsticks was falling into the rabbit hole. I'm really happy with the 3 shades I got, so I'm telling myself that just because I love these 3 does NOT mean I need 27 more :roflmao::dance:

That's a good plan lol
I bought Sable Smoke and Coco Ravish together and CR was a fave so it definitely got more wear

It gets tough when TF launches 20 or 30 at a time like Lips and Boys/Girls and the new lip colours. Stay strong! ;);)

KiKi Kontour

Sable Smoke needs to be revamped to last as long as the others. It's really a gorgeous n perfect pout nude that I can't find a comparison for. Had I came later in the TF game I would've bypassed the full sizes n grabbed mini's tho.

Monsy

I noticed "new" brow scultpor on nordies and nm. I am wondering how different is it? Because it looks exactly the same except it's 7$ more