Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Winthrop44

It's pretty. I'm just trying figure out how it would look on my lips? BB Baby is one of my favorite shades on.
On tf.com they show some of the satin mattes on three different skin tones which is super helpful. They don’t have those up for all shades yet but Blow Up is included already.

elegant-one

On tf.com they show some of the satin mattes on three different skin tones which is super helpful. They don’t have those up for all shades yet but Blow Up is included already.

Hmm, it may be too light after looking at the lip pics. Some of them just didn't look right. I guess I'll skip. Manhattan Rose looked brighter on the lips than I thought it would. Thanks

Winthrop44

Hmm, it may be too light after looking at the lip pics. Some of them just didn't look right. I guess I'll skip. Manhattan Rose looked brighter on the lips than I thought it would. Thanks

I don't care for Blow Up there either. Where did you see Manhattan Rose on the lips? I got Modern Love and FWIW it looks nothing like what they show on there. It looks exactly like it looks in this swatch:

Scott Thompson on Instagram: “Introducing new Satin Matte Lip Color. 10 gorgeous shades that glide on the lips with one stroke. Richly pigmented, hydrating lip colors…”

Last edited:

Alysse011

I saw Blow Up in store yesterday. It was too light for me, and I really like pale pinks (ie Blush Nude). If I remember some of your past posts about lipsticks you enjoy, I typically go for paler pinks than you.

I didn’t end up buying any of them, but I think I liked London Suede the most.

MaryJane

Mel Thompson(Puffin’s Wife) on You Tube featured the color SS19 in her August favorites and has been wearing it in a few videos. It’s right up my alley - nude peach pink. I think it’s a Nordstrom exclusive.

Winthrop44

Mel Thompson(Puffin’s Wife) on You Tube featured the color SS19 in her August favorites and has been wearing it in a few videos. It’s right up my alley - nude peach pink. I think it’s a Nordstrom exclusive.
Thanks! Will check it out. TF.com told me SS19 = FW18, which is at Neimans and used to be on TF.com, but that could be completely wrong! FW18 was very pale on me, and looked lighter and more beige than Puffin's Wife's wrist swatch in that August favorites video to me.

Last edited:

awickedshape

I don't care for Blow Up there either. Where did you see Manhattan Rose on the lips? I got Modern Love and FWIW it looks nothing like what they show on there. It looks exactly like it looks in this swatch:

Scott Thompson on Instagram: “Introducing new Satin Matte Lip Color. 10 gorgeous shades that glide on the lips with one stroke. Richly pigmented, hydrating lip colors…”

I keep forgetting about those swatches.
I was looking at Modern Love a couple days ago. Also one called Choc something, because I'm a sucker lol

Winthrop44

I saw Blow Up in store yesterday. It was too light for me, and I really like pale pinks (ie Blush Nude). If I remember some of your past posts about lipsticks you enjoy, I typically go for paler pinks than you.

Was London Suede kind of a mauvey MLBB or was it more brown?

The bullet for Silver looks like a mid-tone shade, but the lip swatches are so dark and vampy. Wth?!

LOL Yeah, that's ridiculous. My guess is they're still working on putting up those lips swatches and someone has assigned a few of them incorrectly!

Last edited:

Alysse011

Was London Suede kind of a mauvey MLBB or was it more brown?
Here is a low quality photo of what it looked like on me -

EED3BBB6-D0B1-405C-80B1-3DBE3514A11E.jpeg

My lips are pretty pale. Typically, if a lipstick has peach or brown tones, they show up very vividly and read very peach or very brown on me.

awickedshape

Ah, ok! Well I'm always a sucker for lipstick period. At least I'm not as tempted by eyeshadow these days as all but light, brightening shades look horrible on me now that I'm old!

Oh gosh :eek:

I hardly bother with powder eyeshadow these days myself
Maybe when I start getting out more

I'm also looking at Magnetic Attraction, ugh
Lol

elegant-one

Here is a low quality photo of what it looked like on me -

View attachment 64728

My lips are pretty pale. Typically, if a lipstick has peach or brown tones, they show up very vividly and read very peach or very brown on me.

Gorgeous on you! This shade was one of my first choices just by looking at the tube. Thanks :heart:

mochapj

Heard from my SA; next round of Boys and Girls drops on 9/7 (their NYFW day) and contains 50 shades again. 15 new each in Boys and Girls, and 10 returns each. No word yet on the returning shades.

They're already out in Korea and Singapore so you might be able to find a few shades on IG but so far I've only been seeing the same 6 show up in blogger posts (Helena, Armie, Lukas, Imari, Kendrick and Jagger)
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 9.35.33 AM.png

Last edited:

Latest posts