Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Vineetha

My TF cream eyeshadows and FT and BD were out for delivery today and the mail lady came and there was no package!!

The last time I ordered from Bloomies (my Chanel Jersey blush), the same thing happened. "Out for delivery" then nada. And the next morning when I checked tracking, my package was an hour away at another post office!

And just to add insult to injury, the UPS guy shows up at my door this morning with a Bloomies package and I was shocked. Turns out it was the silly bag they offered as a free gift. They shipped that UPS but the good stuff UPSMI so the USPS can cart it up and down the east coast a few extra days before they deliver it. HRRMMMMPHHH.
rant.gif
Oh no!!! Fedex has 2 diff delivery for ground and otherwise , so maybe there will b another delivery later today Ella!! If its still showing Out for delivery, I hope they bring it tday!!!

allthingsglam

My TF cream eyeshadows and FT and BD were out for delivery today and the mail lady came and there was no package!!  The last time I ordered from Bloomies (my Chanel Jersey blush), the same thing happened. "Out for delivery" then nada. And the next morning when I checked tracking, my package was an hour away at another post office! And just to add insult to injury, the UPS guy shows up at my door this morning with a Bloomies package and I was shocked. Turns out it was the silly bag they offered as a free gift. They shipped that UPS but the good stuff UPSMI so the USPS can cart it up and down the east coast a few extra days before they deliver it. HRRMMMMPHHH. :rant:
jm so sorry that happened to u Ellas hopefully it still comes today or early tommorow

Medgal07

My TF cream eyeshadows and FT and BD were out for delivery today and the mail lady came and there was no package!!

The last time I ordered from Bloomies (my Chanel Jersey blush), the same thing happened. "Out for delivery" then nada. And the next morning when I checked tracking, my package was an hour away at another post office!

And just to add insult to injury, the UPS guy shows up at my door this morning with a Bloomies package and I was shocked. Turns out it was the silly bag they offered as a free gift. They shipped that UPS but the good stuff UPSMI so the USPS can cart it up and down the east coast a few extra days before they deliver it. HRRMMMMPHHH.
rant.gif
Such insanity!!! That happened to me once---tracking said out for delivery but the mail carrier said it wasn't on his truck. I told him I was going in to call the postoffice
(I live in a small town) when he suddenly produced my package. He had decided he was bogged down & going to deliver it the next day...until I mentioned calling his
superior! I called anyway!! Never saw that carrier again.

I hope your goods aren't an hour away. I would call and ask about the disparity between tracking and what actually happened to you.

EllaS

Oh no!!! Fedex has 2 diff delivery for ground and otherwise , so maybe there will b another delivery later today Ella!! If its still showing Out for delivery, I hope they bring it tday!!!
Well this one they shipped UPSMI which is when it starts with UPS and then they transfer it to the post office to deliver. I was about to run down the street after the mail lady but I thought that might look desperate LOL
wacko.gif

UPS lost another one of my packages a few weeks ago (that was from Nordies). That time he literally stopped at my house, disappeared into the back of his truck for 5 minutes and then peeked out and said, "Uh, can't find it." Turned out it got put on the wrong truck. I'm guessing that's what's happened here. So, fingers crossed it will come tomorrow (or a special "oops our bad" delivery tonight, but I'm not holding my breath for that!).

Vineetha

Well this one they shipped UPSMI which is when it starts with UPS and then they transfer it to the post office to deliver. I was about to run down the street after the mail lady but I thought that might look desperate LOL
wacko.gif

UPS lost another one of my packages a few weeks ago (that was from Nordies). That time he literally stopped at my house, disappeared into the back of his truck for 5 minutes and then peeked out and said, "Uh, can't find it." Turned out it got put on the wrong truck. I'm guessing that's what's happened here. So, fingers crossed it will come tomorrow (or a special "oops our bad" delivery tonight, but I'm not holding my breath for that!).
Oh Sorry!!I missed the USPS smartpost part!!! I hate it too. It shows up out for delivery and then transferred to local postoffice!!
I thought it was the fedex one since it happens to me all the time. I run out after the delivery guy only once he prepares to leave only to know he is ground shipping and someone else will come later or vice versa!!
blush-anim-cl.gif

EllaS

Such insanity!!! That happened to me once---tracking said out for delivery but the mail carrier said it wasn't on his truck. I told him I was going in to call the postoffice
(I live in a small town) when he suddenly produced my package. He had decided he was bogged down & going to deliver it the next day...until I mentioned calling his
superior! I called anyway!! Never saw that carrier again.

I hope your goods aren't an hour away. I would call and ask about the disparity between tracking and what actually happened to you.
The same thing happened to me with UPS a few weeks ago! That time someone actually did come to my house around 8pm and deliver it which I very much appreciated. But I was prepared to get in somebody's ear about it!

The problem is that these items I'm ordering are LE. So I'm sure they're insured, but the issue is if they're lost there may not be another one to repurchase, you know?

I'll keep an eye on the tracking tonight and tomorrow morning and Bloomies and the post office will definitely be hearing from me promptly if I don't get a delivery!

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsglam

u always find the best swatches I'm hoping your goodies comes today
Thanks Glammy! I'm hoping it turns up soon - that's valuable cargo!!
sweatdrop.gif

EllaS

Oh Sorry!!I missed the USPS smartpost part!!! I hate it too. It shows up out for delivery and then transferred to local postoffice!!
I thought it was the fedex one since it happens to me all the time. I run out after the delivery guy only once he prepares to leave only to know he is ground shipping and someone else will come later or vice versa!!
blush-anim-cl.gif
Yep, smartpost is just fedex's version of UPSMI. They both transfer them to the post office. Which shouldn't be a big deal, but the more transfers that happen, the more opportunity for them to get lost I guess.

The annoying thing is the tracking number bloomies gives doesn't show anything for days. Then when the package finally gets transferred to a PO a few states away, it shows that. Then you have to enter the tracking num at usps.com to see when your local PO gets it. This morning on usps.com it showed my package was at my local PO and that it was sorted and that it was OFD. Like I said the funniest thing was last time this happened (same exact thing) the package was received by another PO an hour away and then they adjusted the delivery date to 2 more days. Craziness. Oh well. As long as it's not lost or misdelivered, it'll be ok. If these weren't LE items, I wouldn't stress as much about it. But if the package is lost, they'll probably be sold out so I won't be able to repurchase. Hopefully that won't happen though.

NaomiH

Yep, smartpost is just fedex's version of UPSMI. They both transfer them to the post office. Which shouldn't be a big deal, but the more transfers that happen, the more opportunity for them to get lost I guess.

The annoying thing is the tracking number bloomies gives doesn't show anything for days. Then when the package finally gets transferred to a PO a few states away, it shows that. Then you have to enter the tracking num at usps.com to see when your local PO gets it. This morning on usps.com it showed my package was at my local PO and that it was sorted and that it was OFD. Like I said the funniest thing was last time this happened (same exact thing) the package was received by another PO an hour away and then they adjusted the delivery date to 2 more days. Craziness. Oh well. As long as it's not lost or misdelivered, it'll be ok. If these weren't LE items, I wouldn't stress as much about it. But if the package is lost, they'll probably be sold out so I won't be able to repurchase. Hopefully that won't happen though.
I hope you get your stuff soon, Ella, I'm sorry you haven't already.

NaomiH

Thanks Naomi! I wish I lived nearer to some of these department stores - I'd choose to "Pick up in store" every time LOL.
I wish I did too, I'd love to choose that option. I can do it at Neiman Marcus I think, but it takes them 1-2 days to have it available for pickup and it's not really all that close to me. I can pick up Chanel in store at Nordies or Dillard's, but Tom Ford and Guerlain I'm SOL.

Medgal07

The same thing happened to me with UPS a few weeks ago! That time someone actually did come to my house around 8pm and deliver it which I very much appreciated. But I was prepared to get in somebody's ear about it!

The problem is that these items I'm ordering are LE. So I'm sure they're insured, but the issue is if they're lost there may not be another one to repurchase, you know?

I'll keep an eye on the tracking tonight and tomorrow morning and Bloomies and the post office will definitely be hearing from me promptly if I don't get a delivery!

Thanks Glammy! I'm hoping it turns up soon - that's valuable cargo!!
sweatdrop.gif
I so hear that Ella, and I totally share your point of view!!!

Medgal07

I wish I did too, I'd love to choose that option. I can do it at Neiman Marcus I think, but it takes them 1-2 days to have it available for pickup and it's not really all that close to me. I can pick up Chanel in store at Nordies or Dillard's, but Tom Ford and Guerlain I'm SOL.
Going briefly crossed my mind when I nearly missed the Ltd Ed Chanel palette that I wanted
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

What a fiasco! I hope you get your goods soon Ella!!!

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF] I'm so bad!  I live 15 minutes from Bloomies, Nordie's, Neiman's, Chanel & Hermes but I hate crowds.  I have to be feeling pretty desperate to brave that storm.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Going briefly crossed my mind when I nearly missed the Ltd Ed Chanel palette that I wanted [/COLOR]:haha:  
If I can avoid the store I'm sure going to do it! I have to really want something to make the trek. Lol

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they'll get generally good reviews but Velvet Cherry and Black Dahlia will be rated lower than the others. I enjoy her blog, but in the years I've been following it, I can count on one hand the number of dark/ vampy shades that have received a really positive review. And I can see what looks like unevenness in her swatches of both those colours.
My TF cream eyeshadows and FT and BD were out for delivery today and the mail lady came and there was no package!!  The last time I ordered from Bloomies (my Chanel Jersey blush), the same thing happened. "Out for delivery" then nada. And the next morning when I checked tracking, my package was an hour away at another post office! And just to add insult to injury, the UPS guy shows up at my door this morning with a Bloomies package and I was shocked. Turns out it was the silly bag they offered as a free gift. They shipped that UPS but the good stuff UPSMI so the USPS can cart it up and down the east coast a few extra days before they deliver it. HRRMMMMPHHH. :rant:
MAUGH!!!!! That is so infuriating. I really hope this gets sorted out by tomorrow.

Latest posts