Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

sarabeautime

what do y'all like better sweet star or atomsphere? or neither? (i know they don't look alike but if you could only get one!)

Thanks!

I would totally get Sweet Star over Atmosphere. But I like cooler and purple more, so it is no brainer to me.
If you like nudes more, you may like Atmosphere, but I think in real life it is a little underwhelming.

Medgal07

on ebay a TF quad burnished amber sold for $600!! there were others listed for high as well, way higher than nude dip! WTF?!?
OMG. I have 13 TF e/s quads including Burnished Amber, so obviously I like them, but I would never pay a penny over retail for them The new matte lipsticks are quite
nice--not at all drying so I nabbed 5 of the 8 colors and may need one more---Flame.

Medgal07

Thanks!

I would totally get Sweet Star over Atmosphere. But I like cooler and purple more, so it is no brainer to me.
If you like nudes more, you may like Atmosphere, but I think in real life it is a little underwhelming.
iagree.gif
!!!!! Sweet Star!!! I have both. Hands down Sweet Star! I like Atmosphere ----it has it's place but Sweet Star offers more vibrant color.

laurennnxox

Thanks!

I actually looove Atmosphere more than sweet star. I layer it over Essie Demure Vix and it looks amazing. It really brings out the pretty shifts in the color. Sweet Star is pretty, and I don't regret it, but for some reason it doesn't shift as much on me and kind of just looks like plain metallic in most lighting that I'm in.

Medgal07

I actually looove Atmosphere more than sweet star. I layer it over Essie Demure Vix and it looks amazing. It really brings out the pretty shifts in the color. Sweet Star is pretty, and I don't regret it, but for some reason it doesn't shift as much on me and kind of just looks like plain metallic in most lighting that I'm in.
That's funny Lauren---I put Atmosphere over a white NP and it plays nicely that w​as way too.

ET correct typo

laurennnxox

That's funny Lauren---I put Atmosphere over a white NP and it plays nicely that was too.
I think it looks stunning over a lot of colors, but I also do think for the amount you pay for a Chanel polish.. it should be fabulous on it's own. And I'm not a sheer fan. I also like Atmosphere because I can get away with a little longer usage because chips on dark polish stand out way more than on nude polish.
angelic.gif

Icecaramellatte

Wow! This thread has exploded! Took quite a while for me to catch up. It seems I have missed First Time. Do you think anyone has it in store? Wondering if I should start calling around.

alexisweaver

Wow! This thread has exploded! Took quite a while for me to catch up. It seems I have missed First Time. Do you think anyone has it in store? Wondering if I should start calling around.
I checked with Nordstrom and also called the store in Bellevue. They're out "company-wide" as I was told.

Mizani

I know! Now I feel out of place writing my Black Dahlia review. LOL!

I finally got a chance to wear Black Dahlia yesterday. Fortunately, I didn't have a terrible time applying the lipstick. It performed like I had expected for a matte. However, it is uber important that one's lips have been properly exfoliated and hydrated to get the smoothest of application.

Honestly, the color is nice but nothing to write home about. For me, that is mainly due to the fact that I'm not a novice at this shade so it doesn't necessarily stand out. I did appreciate the fact that it isn't super dark. On my NC45 face I consider BD to be a medium-dark to dark color. That's a nice change of pace to the true dark purples/plums that MAC had churned out here of late so I really like that.

All in all, this shade is more to have for bragging rights and to feel fancy since it is a $50 Tom Ford lipstick than it is for the color and performance...at least for me. Not a bad shade or formula. Just not great. I will keep it though cause the luxuriousness of it and the limited edition factor makes me feel high society more than anything. I am going to wear it again today! I do really like it. Just don't love it. The color isn't particularly unique. I guess I wish it had more red in it. That would have been closer to a type of color I don't have.

Medgal07

I think it looks stunning over a lot of colors, but I also do think for the amount you pay for a Chanel polish.. it should be fabulous on it's own. And I'm not a sheer fan. I also like Atmosphere because I can get away with a little longer usage because chips on dark polish stand out way more than on nude polish.
angelic.gif
I totally understand this perspective Lauren. Have you tried TF NPs??

Medgal07

So sorry you missed it ICL. I'm wearing it today. Although @allthingsglam did not like the way that it looked on her, I happen to love it. It's a pretty peachy nude that plays well today with my olive green smokey eye--Chanel Mystery e/s palette and soft peach cheeks---Chanel JC blush in Sakura.

I'm sure the shade is readily dupeable but I happen to love the creamy matte formula and yes, the sheer act of putting a luxury brand lipstick on my lips
girlhaha.gif

allthingsglam

LOL Yes I do need Flame. Maybe a little Thanksgiving gift to myself. I'll give thanks to Tom Ford on T'giving LOL. 
Yessss
[COLOR=0000FF]   I think Flame is beckoning me too!!![/COLOR]:haha:
Yessss
My lipsticks will be here Monday!
yay
[COLOR=0000FF]   Yay!!!  Two of mine are lost[/COLOR]:shock:   [COLOR=0000FF]Our fine USPS at work![/COLOR]
o no lost Tf I praying they show up soon medgal
Well Tom Ford is awfully cheeky :naughty:  Just look at some of the product names from fall and holiday...stroked, softcore, negligee, first time... I agree with you about the book series, but then again I'm sure Tom Ford could have a lot of fun coming up with a line full of 50 Shades references :lulz:
thats why I love Tf I'm a bit naughty myself Lmbo hehe for real I love the names
  [COLOR=0000FF] That's why I'll narrow it down by names I relate to:haha: [/COLOR]