Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Medgal07

Oooh!! I'll have to give them a try. Sadly, Chanel doesn't last too long on me (about 3 days! No matter what base/top coat I try!) but I'm such a sucker for their unique LE colors like sweet star and atmosphere.
I know! I put on Chanel Mysterious (Deep Khaki Green) # 601 last night and I'm already experiencing tip-wear.
I suppose typing doesn't help either!
girlhaha.gif

Did you pick up Chanel's Blue Boy and Mica Rose? I can live till I'm eighty and not need another red NP yet I still
picked up Chanel's Phenix!

icon_eek.gif

Icecaramellatte

Sephora had a really nice Christian Loubutin polish display today. I kept thinking oh you are a polish junkie and you should have one of these but didn't know which one. I don't actually have many reds. I tried a bunch of colors and really liked the frosty blue but I just might get the original at some point.

EllaS

Looks a little different on me than on @RuLaRu which just illustrates why it's so hard to buy lippies based only on online swatches LOL. But here's Black Dahlia on me. It does look darker in indoor situations or low light. This was in natural light close to a window so you could see some of the purple in it. It is really quite pretty. First observation - whoa is it pigmented! Second observation - gonna have to order a lip liner asap because this is not a lipstick to be thrown on casually!

walkingdead

[COLOR=0000FF]I thought I was the odd ball out but I could not get into [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]these books!  I have all three on my Kindle and for the life of me I couldn't do it. I'm no prude either, but I do happen[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   to enjoy well-writen books [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]and these were not among them---IMHO[/COLOR]
I agree! I thought they were pretty awful.

Dolly Snow

Looks a little different on me than on @RuLaRu  which just illustrates why it's so hard to buy lippies based only on online swatches LOL. But here's Black Dahlia on me. It does look darker in indoor situations or low light. This was in natural light close to a window so you could see some of the purple in it. It is really quite pretty. First observation - whoa is it pigmented! Second observation - gonna have to order a lip liner asap because this is not a lipstick to be thrown on casually! 
Very pretty!

ellyk

I got to try on Pussycat and really liked how it looked on me. It made me realize I like lilac-y/plum pink lips. But I don't like the feel of matte lipstick. Anyone know any non-matte dupes for it?

EllaS

I got to try on Pussycat and really liked how it looked on me. It made me realize I like lilac-y/plum pink lips. But I don't like the feel of matte lipstick. Anyone know any non-matte dupes for it?
I think Nars Audacious lipsticks in Anna and Vanessa are pretty similar and very comfortable to wear.

Medgal07

Sephora had a really nice Christian Loubutin polish display today. I kept thinking oh you are a polish junkie and you should have one of these but didn't know which one. I don't actually have many reds. I tried a bunch of colors and really liked the frosty blue but I just might get the original at some point.
girlhaha.gif
Don't make fun of me but my OCD self will not allow me to buy the CL NPs because the bottles don't fit my NP racks
icon_eek.gif

Medgal07

Looks a little different on me than on @RuLaRu which just illustrates why it's so hard to buy lippies based only on online swatches LOL. But here's Black Dahlia on me. It does look darker in indoor situations or low light. This was in natural light close to a window so you could see some of the purple in it. It is really quite pretty. First observation - whoa is it pigmented! Second observation - gonna have to order a lip liner asap because this is not a lipstick to be thrown on casually!

Gorgeous Ella. It does appear lighter on you but stunning none the less. If you want it darker you could easily accomplish that with a lip liner but I think it's just beautiful, as is.

EllaS

Gorgeous Ella. It does appear lighter on you but stunning none the less. If you want it darker you could easily accomplish that with a lip liner but I think it's just beautiful, as is.
Thank you Medgal! I guess I would call this a relatively light application so maybe that's why it's not as deep - I did not swipe multiple times because honestly it's just too dark on me if I do that. Maybe for a night out when I really want to vamp it up
th_wink3.gif
I did feel like I was getting some bleeding so I think I'd feel safer with a lip liner but I do like it as is. How are you liking yours?

Icecaramellatte

That's great ICL-----How do you like it? I can see myself getting lot's of use out of.
I didn't even try it on. Would you believe that Saks has already decorated for the Holidays? The beautiful decorative lights inside the store have made the lighting at the counters horrendous! I couldn't really see anything too well. Not good. It is too bad because the lighting in that store has been bad for so long and they finally fix it only to mess it up again for the holidays.

laurennnxox

I know! I put on Chanel Mysterious (Deep Khaki Green) # 601 last night and I'm already experiencing tip-wear.
I suppose typing doesn't help either!
girlhaha.gif

Did you pick up Chanel's Blue Boy and Mica Rose? I can live till I'm eighty and not need another red NP yet I still
picked up Chanel's Phenix!

icon_eek.gif
I'm not much of a blue nail polish girl! Though Mica Rose looks so pretty. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Money is a little tight since I've got a nice sephora haul waiting for me on the VIB sale. :) Depending if I return anything from my haul (some things I don't have in store to swatch pre-buy) I might pick up MR.

RuLaRu

Beautiful!!! From what I've read, only Black Dahlia & First Time are limited edition. What other mattes are you lemming?
Great thanks for letting me know, the texture, feel and look of these is beyond any matte lipstick i have ever tried. truly one of the best and no patchy colour which most dark mattes suffer from, Id gladly buy them all but there are a lot of shades that i would never wear so black dahlia and pussy cat are the only shades iv been interested in.

Pussycat looks to be a nude shade on my lip colour so i could wear it every day and black dahlia is beautiful on both pale and dark skins. i also got another mini lipstick with my purchase (i had to ask haha but i really wanted another), i now have 2 cherry lush and 1 indian rose mini lipstick's :).

RuLaRu

It does look different on you, still pretty!! and i was just thinking that lipsticks looks different on everyone so buying online is always a tricky option when website swatches are edited. I added about 2 coats of it to get it to my shade but it showed up really dark red on me which is exactly what i wanted haha i love really dark vampy reds an this is my new holy grail lipstick for that haha. I used a dior eye lining brush to clean up my edges and make it look even because this could go horribly wrong if you don't concentrate haha.

allthingsglam

[COLOR=0000FF] I called my local PO this weekend and they seem to think it's at the main PO in my neighboring big city.  I hope it shows up at my door soon![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   You never said what you disliked about FT on you[/COLOR]:shock:
Its a beautiful color ft but I feel like its drier then the others I have idk maybe its just me my lips have been super dry lately and with mattes I kinda don't like to use a lip balm I want it to stay matte and I wish the color had a tad bit more peachy color in it I'm loving that everybody is loving ft for me its didnt work but I'm okay as I have the others that I love love

allthingsglam

Looks a little different on me than on @RuLaRu  which just illustrates why it's so hard to buy lippies based only on online swatches LOL. But here's Black Dahlia on me. It does look darker in indoor situations or low light. This was in natural light close to a window so you could see some of the purple in it. It is really quite pretty. First observation - whoa is it pigmented! Second observation - gonna have to order a lip liner asap because this is not a lipstick to be thrown on casually! 
so stunningggg