Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Jaymuhlee

I was staying away from TF after reading about poor shelf life for the lipsticks... I'm not sure where I read that but these minis have me seriously reconsidering. I'm still downsizing so I should probably move right along but they're so cute! Maybe just three, for the case...?

Dolly Snow

I was staying away from TF after reading about poor shelf life for the lipsticks... I'm not sure where I read that but these minis have me seriously reconsidering. I'm still downsizing so I should probably move right along but they're so cute! Maybe just three, for the case...?
Just for the case :poke: No harm in trying them :)

Medgal07

I have been MIA for a couple of days and I would like to say that I have tamed my inner lipstick whore but that is not the case. I sorta have a list: Pablo, Xavier, Jack, Addison, Richard, Omar, Blake, Peter, Stavros, Francesco and Rafael. But things could change based upon swatches. I really want to get down to just 6 - I plan to get 3 and then try to talk myself out of anymore and get the next 3 when that fails.
Sounds like a good plan!

Medgal07

wavey.gif
​Hi Jay---hop you're feeling better. Three itty bitty lipsticks won't take up much room.
girlhaha.gif

eighthour

I'm really reluctant to start in with these due to the very serious quality issues with Tom Ford lipsticks. I have many, and some of them were rancid on arrival (bought them at Nordstrom and was able to return/exchange). Also, there's no price break if you buy a set and the box is just cardboard, which I'd throw out.

Medgal07

I'm really reluctant to start in with these due to the very serious quality issues with Tom Ford lipsticks. I have many, and some of them were rancid on arrival (bought them at Nordstrom and was able to return/exchange). Also, there's no price break if you buy a set and the box is just cardboard, which I'd throw out.
ohboy.gif
That's not good. I have several and fortunately no issues with them so far. That wasn't a good experience for you ---I wouldn't consider them in that case.

Mizani

This is the first I've heard of TF's lipsticks having shelf life problems. Oh my! You'd think a half c-note lippie would last a decade. SMH But aren't his lipsticks made out of a few fancy ingredients? (Hence why they cost so much?)

MandyVanHook

I'm 100% certain that I must have Stavros and Alasdhair. Gustavo sounds amazing, but he may get switched out for a different choice when the time comes. Wow! I've never called a lipstick "he" before... Welcome to the Paying-$32-for-a-Mini-Lipstick Frenzy!  :lol: You're so right! :lol"
And so it's come to this... lol

Dolly Snow

[quote name="BrainsAndBeauty" url="/t/175659/tom-ford-beauty-discussion/4710#post_2834109/ Welcome to the Paying-$32-for-a-Mini-Lipstick Frenzy!  [/quote] :lmao:

MandyVanHook

[quote name="BrainsAndBeauty" url="/t/175659/tom-ford-beauty-discussion/4710#post_2834109/ Welcome to the Paying-$32-for-a-Mini-Lipstick Frenzy! 
:lmao:[/quote] Is this the definition of insanity? Oh well, I'll look hot as they cart me away to the loony bin!

allthingsglam

[COLOR=0000FF]I do recall a few complaints on the thread.  Grammy may have gotten a bad one once, but I think she's been ok w/them since then.[/COLOR]
I got a bad bad one actually my very first one lol I was like no thank u I pass but I gave Tf a second look and I been hooked I have many Tf lippies and none are badd I think it was just that one that I got at Nordstrom loving them all now my babies I actually find that my nars lippie go badd before my Tf ones

alexisweaver

I got a bad bad one actually my very first one lol I was like no thank u I pass but I give Tf a second look and I been hooked I have many Tf lippies and none are badd I think it was just that one that I got at Nordstrom loving them all now my babies I actually find that my nars lippie go badd before my Tf ones
It arrived bad? That stinks (LITERALLY haha)!!

How do you ladies store your TF lippies? Do you think that helps with the longevity? I usually keep my lipsticks in my fridge (all brands) and they seem okay, no smells or anything. I might do that with the TF's but I'd like to display them somehow.