Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Haven

^^^In this line, I have the blush nude, which I really like. It isn't my HG of pinkish nudes, but it comes close. I plan to get a couple more nude colors from this line, but I have to pace myself because of the $$. Plus I just backed up La Furtive from Chanel (yes I have a nude ls fetish), so I need to control myself. LOL!

I received my NM package yesterday. I agree with Ingenue about the stick foundation. I really like it! Great product! The liquid has not impressed me yet. Maybe if I play with it a bit more. I think that I am another person whose coloring is between 2 of the foundation shades. I may end up ordering the next shade up & blend the two together. Not really sure yet.

I am really lemming the foundation brushes from this line & a couple of the eyeshadow quads. I need to just take a deep breath and step away from the NM website....

Edit: Stupid me posted that I might return the foundation, but I already tried it - so I can't return it to NM. Just wanted to correct my post & deleted that part/comment.

User38

Haven .. I so agree the brushes are amazingly gorgeous!!

I will be getting violet fatale ls and flamingo ls (thanks to C!) to use on my vacation next month and when I return thru the States I am going to try the stick foundation. I have a major thing for hot looking lips now.. lol.

Miss QQ

What is the pricing like? Comparable with Chanel, Dior.. or cdp? I wish we have TF here. I agree that the brushes look amazing. And I'm looking for foundation with yellow undertones that are darker. Over here the yellow foundations are only available at shade 20 which is even lighter than the beige 20 (not yellow enough) or rose beige 20 shades.

Ikram

Miss QQ

it is more expensive than Chanel and Dior. Chanel quads are $57, TF is $75 but the price per gram is cheaper because TF shadows are larger so you ger way more shadow in TF quad than Chanel. But do you really need that much of same color? I gues only if you plan to hit the pan.

Ingenue

^^^In this line, I have the blush nude, which I really like. It isn't my HG of pinkish nudes, but it comes close. I plan to get a couple more nude colors from this line, but I have to pace myself because of the $$. Plus I just backed up La Furtive from Chanel (yes I have a nude ls fetish), so I need to control myself. LOL!

I received my NM package yesterday. I agree with Ingenue about the stick foundation. I really like it! Great product! The liquid has not impressed me yet. Maybe if I play with it a bit more. I think that I am another person whose coloring is between 2 of the foundation shades. I may end up ordering the next shade up & blend the two together. Not really sure yet.

I am really lemming the foundation brushes from this line & a couple of the eyeshadow quads. I need to just take a deep breath and step away from the NM website....

Edit: Stupid me posted that I might return the foundation, but I already tried it - so I can't return it to NM. Just wanted to correct my post & deleted that part/comment.
Yes you can! Neiman Marcus has upgraded their return policy to mirror Nordstrom... no questions asked. I returned BOTH of my foundations in Caramel. They didn't even look at them. The lady smiled, took my receipt and scanned it, and sent me on my way! Money shows up on your CC within 3 days.

Take the foundie back if you don't like it.

I'm going back for another eyeshadow quad and MAYBE a blush... when I return the mascara.

Ikram

Yes you can! Neiman Marcus has upgraded their return policy to mirror Nordstrom... no questions asked. I returned BOTH of my foundations in Caramel. They didn't even look at them. The lady smiled, took my receipt and scanned it, and sent me on my way! Money shows up on your CC within 3 days.
Take the foundie back if you don't like it.

I'm going back for another eyeshadow quad and MAYBE a blush... when I return the mascara.

Hi

I have never returned in department store before. Do you return at the actual counter or is the customer service desk. I feel weird to return at the counter because my friend who used to work at one the stores (shoes department, also commision based) told me that every month they take returns off the SA's paycheck. So if they paid the commision in a pay period for a sale and customer returns a month later it goes from their next paycheck. I just feel so stupid about it.

Ingenue

Hi

I have never returned in department store before. Do you return at the actual counter or is the customer service desk. I feel weird to return at the counter because my friend who used to work at one the stores (shoes department, also commision based) told me that every month they take returns off the SA's paycheck. So if they paid the commision in a pay period for a sale and customer returns a month later it goes from their next paycheck. I just feel so stupid about it.
It's the customer service desk. Tom Ford folks are NOT paid a commission. I confirmed it with a company SA. If you don't like something, you are not obligated to keep it. You shouldn't feel bad about returning something that doesn't work for you. It's a ridiculous practice to punish an SA for customer dissatisfaction with an ITEM. The SA didn't fail, the item did.

Please, return it if it doesn't work for you. You're dealing directly with customer service anyway, not the counter.

User38

thanks for the link Winthrop.. I had a good giggle with Ford's theories on mu and beauty.
I think as women we all need that bit of fantasy.. but my reality is I rush in the morning, I rush @ noon, and I rush around @ night.. so mu that is easy and simple is a must for me. I just don't live the life of a dilletante.. lol. I have working hands and working nails.

as much as I do agree with Ford and his vision of the glamour a woman should possess.. I have to relegate it to my working day world... and thus jeans/jackets and full mu is what works for me.

100% agree on the magnifying mirrors tho.. lol.

and, what I like the most is the model's haircut.. my hair is just a tad shorter than hers, but it's silver
pompom.gif

Haven

So I still haven't caved and ordered the brushes & quads that I am lusting over. I am proud of myself. They made it in my NM shopping cart several times yesterday, but I didn't purchase now.

Now I also want Bitter Bitch just because. Even though it is probably a close dupe for Vamp. I need Bitter Bitch. Even DH cracked up at that name.

Ikram

So I still haven't caved and ordered the brushes & quads that I am lusting over. I am proud of myself. They made it in my NM shopping cart several times yesterday, but I didn't purchase now.

Now I also want Bitter Bitch just because. Even though it is probably a close dupe for Vamp. I need Bitter Bitch. Even DH cracked up at that name.
Which quads are you thinking about ordering?

katred

Specktra Bestie

That's exactly what I was thinking. And, well, I feel like I can never have enough vampy nail colours. Actually, the shade looks really interesting in the "photos" (photoshop dealies). I shudder to think how expensive the quads are going to be up here. About the same as a Guerlain 6-shadow, I'm guessing. Although you get more of each colour. I'm thinking that I should be able to get one, at least, when they arrive. Has anyone developed any opinion on any of them yet? There were several that appealed to me...

Ingenue

I cannot tell a lie... I shall be back at the Tom Ford counter for another quad and another gloss in just a matter of days....
lol.gif
What a shame!

I'm wearing Pink Guilt gloss today and it is simply DIVINE. I must have another!

I have no idea which quad to choose though...

Ikram

as far as I read reviews some quads are very close to Chanel's quads.
Silvered Topaz is very close to Stupendous and Cognac Sable is close to Kaska Beige.
So if you have those your decision might be easier. :)

Shypo

Yes, I am scared that this will become an addiction......I received the Silvered Topaz and Burnished Amber quads.......gorgeous!!!! I can check Stupendous against ST, but first glance I didn't think they are similar. I also ordered Violet Fatale and Indian Rose lipsticks. The blushes don't appeal, but the foundation stick does. I'll have to wait until I get to a counter though.

Thanks for the link, Winthrop! Fun reading!

Ikram, don't ever worry about returning stuff - you should never feel guilted into keeping something that doesn't work for you. And it was Amtrak, not Metro North ;). But I am a regular on MN too!

Ingenue

as far as I read reviews some quads are very close to Chanel's quads.
Silvered Topaz is very close to Stupendous and Cognac Sable is close to Kaska Beige.
So if you have those your decision might be easier. :)
Actually, Cognac Sable is nothing like Kaska Beige. I have Kaska Beige and Cognac Sable (as do all but one of the Tom Ford Quads) features a high shine shadow that you use your fingers to press onto the lids. The quad that I have (Sahara Haze) has a green one, that's not even really green. It's gold, and teal, and green and maybe even silver.

You use it either over other shadows, or by itself.

That one pan is kind of what makes the whole quad worth it... not to mention the pans and massive and the color is totally saturated.

Ingenue

Yes, I am scared that this will become an addiction......I received the Silvered Topaz and Burnished Amber quads.......gorgeous!!!! I can check Stupendous against ST, but first glance I didn't think they we similar. I also ordered Violet Fatale and Indian Rose lipsticks. The blushes don't appeal, but the foundation stick does. I'll have to wait until I get to a counter though.

Thanks for the link, Winthrop! Fun reading!

Ikram, don't ever worry about returning stuff - you should never feel guilted into keeping something that doesn't work for you. And it was Amtrak, not Metro North ;). But I am a regular on MN too!
I know that Silvered Topaz has that high shine shadow... does Burnished Amber feature it as well? I can't remember... and I don't have it (yet). I think I'm going back for Cognac Sable. As dupeable as the 'shades' are -- that high shine copper color is to DIE for. I tried it against MAC's Copper Pigment... and Tom Ford WIPED THE FLOOR with MAC. omg.

Ikram

oooh, you guys have Burnished Amber?
That is the one which intereste me the most, I find it very unique. I just worry how wearable is it. I dont have anything like it.
But I am not sure if I should spend so much $ for something I am not sure how it will look on me. It cought my eye when I swinged by the counter, but it was very brief.

Ingenue

I REALLY want Burnished Amber. Ikram, if you're lucky enough to have a counter near you... try it on. Definitely take advantage of the fact that you can try before you buy.

Latest posts