Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

laurennnxox

I think that seems like fair recompense... bring you in for a more typical customer service experience and one that is a bit of pampering too. It really sucks that the bad SA felt she should tear down a customer.
I do agree! She told me all the times my favorite SA would be in, and really was able to work with my erratic schedule this week. She even had availabilities for today and tomorrow, but I already have plans for those two days.

ashievic

As for the stick foundation, you need a good brush. I use the Artis 6 or 8 oval. Depends if I am using it for touchup or full face. I have found the full face gives me too much dewy look. I use the liquid, then the stick to for concealer. As for paying for this habit. No kiddies, travel a boatload for work, get lots of samples. Might ask for samples of foundations prior to purchase. Neiman's will make you one. If the budget is limited, go for the LE's that really knock your socks off. The others you can pickup whenever. Stashes are built over time. I would rather purchase one or two high end items, then have a drawer full of junk. Most of all, basic skin care is the best and most important thing. If your skin is yucks, no matter how expensive the makeup is, it will look like crap. I get lots of tiny tubes of Chanel skin care. Great for when I am living on planes, and in BFI for weeks on end.

Wicked is good. Still not great for super pale skin. Remember, TF blushes, a little goes a long way.

ashievic

Update on my terrible SA experience at TF:

I was contacted this morning by the head cosmetics manager of that location. She was super sweet. She said she read my email and said she would be speaking to the woman today, and her behavior is unacceptable. I let her know that I've never had that type of experience, and I also took the time to compliment how great my usual SA is. I didn't go into this looking for much out of it, because truly... if I could have my way, my only wish is for that SA to get fired. I'm not sure if that is a terrible thing to say, she did disrespect me after all. However, Thursday I am going in while my lovely SA is there and the cosmetics manager will be to. I'm getting a full makeover / makeup lesson from them and a complimentary gift. I thought that was a very nice gesture. I always love getting to try and play with new products I usually wouldn't. Maybe I'll discover some new loves! (My wallet shudders to think about it.)

ETA: So far, NM truly has wonderful customer service. It seems, so far, that they're really trying to rectify my opinion of their store. That's good news to me. I would have been really upset if they forgot to call me or barely tried to help sooth the situation. We'll see how Thursday goes. :)
You were nicer then my mom was. She made it clear, the chic should be fired. The gift you get might be a real surprise. My mom got 500.00 in products and lunch with a friend, gratis.

pbpink

Update on my terrible SA experience at TF: I was contacted this morning by the head cosmetics manager of that location. She was super sweet. She said she read my email and said she would be speaking to the woman today, and her behavior is unacceptable. I let her know that I've never had that type of experience, and I also took the time to compliment how great my usual SA is. I didn't go into this looking for much out of it, because truly... if I could have my way, my only wish is for that SA to get fired. I'm not sure if that is a terrible thing to say, she did disrespect me after all. However, Thursday I am going in while my lovely SA is there and the cosmetics manager will be to. I'm getting a full makeover / makeup lesson from them and a complimentary gift. I thought that was a very nice gesture. I always love getting to try and play with new products I usually wouldn't. Maybe I'll discover some new loves! (My wallet shudders to think about it.)  ETA: So far, NM truly has wonderful customer service. It seems, so far, that they're really trying to rectify my opinion of their store. That's good news to me. I would have been really upset if they forgot to call me or barely tried to help sooth the situation. We'll see how Thursday goes. :)
so happy, hope the "gift" is a huge basket! ha! btw, the SA's hair was just above shoulders and dark, I really think it's the same one! anyway, enjoy your day! I ️ NM! the m/u artist at Chanel there is amazing, she knows a lot! xx

Monsy

omg some sales people are just plain crazy. I know I have to work with some of them. It's mostly more mature ladies... I do not know if they flip after so many years in retail or it's their hormones... but they are exactly like the one you described

laurennnxox

You were nicer then my mom was. She made it clear, the chic should be fired. The gift you get might be a real surprise. My mom got 500.00 in products and lunch with a friend, gratis. 
That's so awesome for your mom (though obviously not awesome she had to have the awful CS before getting to that point), I think I would faint if that were to happen! I am not expecting much, so that way I am happy no matter what. Plus the lady who will be doing my makeup is the usual SA who I buy a lot fron. She always throws in extra samples and goodies, so maybe that will help, too! I had a hard time being mean, just honest. I didn't want to keep rehashing the negative, she said she saw each point in my email and was appalled. If I were to have gotten a hold of someone the day the incident happened, I would have let it rip though-- I was so mad.
so happy, hope the "gift" is a huge basket! ha! btw, the SA's hair was just above shoulders and dark, I really think it's the same one! anyway, enjoy your day! I ️ NM! the m/u artist at Chanel there is amazing, she knows a lot! xx
I would absolutely die! I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same lady. I told the manager that if she did it to me, she'd do it to any one. Granted, I tolerated it longer than I should've. Such nerve and audacity on her part. Sigh. I am so far pleased with NM's service! I'll have to stop by and see the Chanel counter and talk with her! I usually see the Chanel SA at Macys because her son goes to my college, so we always have things to talk about. :) & thanks, I will!

pbpink

Hi ladies Just got back from work from my new job I started today If you can call it that a hour a day working in a school :))) . Nude dip I need I think :) heard nothing but good things about that Do you ladies have loads of money to buy tf etc or you save ? You don't have to tell me I was just curuios that's all as there's so much I would love to try I need to get me hubby to get a few bits but mmmm I don't think so not yet Not till his done aload of overtime or I save :) My little one is just getting over mild phemonia ATM :( rushed him to hosputal Friday where the doc we saw at docs surgety thought it was suspected meningitis or appendicitus I'm so shattered as not had much sleeps :( work wasn't bad today and LO is at nursery ATM and I pivk him up soon Bk to tf the foubdation stick I would love to try too If it's easier to put on and quicker ? Could you use fingers or a brush or a beauty blender is it better than the mac ones or bobbi brown ones I mean enough product comes off for the whole face ? Sorry prob not making much sense lol Yer I'm giving ravish a skip I may go for wicked instead I don't know I need to do more homie wrk about them :)
the beauty professor has a post of all of the colors swatched with mac numbers that she thinks would be close - hope your son is ok... For the TFstick, I use it right on my face then either the TF cream brush or Marc Jacobs Face 2 brush (love) but I've been using the new foundation a lot more - I still put a tiny pump straight on my brush, pat it around then buff with same brushes as above - the stick is much thicker than the new TF foundation so being that it's often hot here I find I like the TF foundation better but I still love the stick if I'm going out at night or the like...I think everyone could use different, I've never used a beauty blender so not sure on that!! for blush, try frantic pink! it's my fave!!

pbpink

FYI, rewarding beauty is at BG March 19-22, it's a straight 75 off 500 and 200 off 1000 and no tax outside NY.....

laurennnxox

omg some sales people are just plain crazy. I know I have to work with some of them. It's mostly more mature ladies... I do not know if they flip after so many years in retail or it's their hormones... but they are exactly like the one you described 
it's unfortunate. I've dealt with many more mature SAs though and have never been treated the way I was with her. I always fill out surveys when given the chance. I hope they're actually useful for management. Especially in cases of superb service.

Medgal07

I need to do more homie wrk about them
smiles.gif
Congrats on your new job BC! I'm glad your little guy is getting better . That's always such a frightening thing.
I don't own the stick foundation but I do have with Wicked Blush and Ravish Blush Duo----Wicked gets my vote because it's so, so pretty and will look lovely on you.
Ravish is nice but I think I reach for Wicked more often.

Medgal07

Update on my terrible SA experience at TF:

I was contacted this morning by the head cosmetics manager of that location. She was super sweet. She said she read my email and said she would be speaking to the woman today, and her behavior is unacceptable. I let her know that I've never had that type of experience, and I also took the time to compliment how great my usual SA is. I didn't go into this looking for much out of it, because truly... if I could have my way, my only wish is for that SA to get fired. I'm not sure if that is a terrible thing to say, she did disrespect me after all. However, Thursday I am going in while my lovely SA is there and the cosmetics manager will be to. I'm getting a full makeover / makeup lesson from them and a complimentary gift. I thought that was a very nice gesture. I always love getting to try and play with new products I usually wouldn't. Maybe I'll discover some new loves! (My wallet shudders to think about it.)

ETA: So far, NM truly has wonderful customer service. It seems, so far, that they're really trying to rectify my opinion of their store. That's good news to me. I would have been really upset if they forgot to call me or barely tried to help sooth the situation. We'll see how Thursday goes. :)
Lauren I'm so glad you reported the incident and got appropriate feedback. If that SA is not fired now, she will
be in the future because I doubt you're the first or last person that she does that to. She will probably be
watched now. GOOD FOR YOU LAUREN!!!!

Medgal07

I doubt age makes them crazy---if they're crazy now it's because they always were...you just get to see it now.

pbpink

raeview has review/tutorial of all 3 duos, cream shadow, mascaras + frantic pink blush with 2 lips/boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR39HzNUAzw

pretty_melody

[COLOR=0000FF]   Congrats on your new job BC!  I'm glad your little guy is getting better .  That's always such a frightening thing.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I don't own the stick foundation but I do have with Wicked Blush and Ravish Blush Duo----Wicked gets my vote because it's so, so pretty and will look lovely on you.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Ravish is nice but I think I reach for Wicked more often.[/COLOR]
I have wicked and its gorgeous. I can however look like a clown. Any application techniques? I have his cheek brush, but I look crazy trying to apply it with that brush. Maybe I just have to really blend it out.

pbpink

& thanks, I will!
i miss my chanel guy so much...anyway, she has worked for chanel for over 20+ years i believe, i can't remember her name! at NM, there are SA's that work for brands and do not get any commission then there are a few that ONLY get commission and float around and try to get sales! next time i'm there, if she is still there (hopefully not) i'll let my twins have a "play" with the m/u! counter! haha!

pbpink

I have wicked and its gorgeous. I can however look like a clown. Any application techniques? I have his cheek brush, but I look crazy trying to apply it with that brush. Maybe I just have to really blend it out.
have you tried a skunk brush? i use a skunk w/light hand on TF narcissist - HTH

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
I also have the TF cheek brush which is excellent for use with ANY blush. As for Wicked----I barely touch the product, getting the smallest amount possible on the
brush, building to the desired intensity instead of the other way around. I keep one side of the brush clean and use that clean side to blend and buff.

pbpink

The mini bodywash that came in the nm gwp tote is pure love must order the full size bottle
thanks for reminding me to use! which one? i think i was so excited about TF and the cute bag that i did not go through the actual contents! I did notice that they had quality over quantity, much better than how most NM gwp bags have been! good job for NM!

i wish we had a list of summer goodies so we could plan our attack!

the only thing i can rule out are the bronzers thus far!