Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Medgal07

I ended up caving on the oil from Bloomingdales because as someone mentioned, they marked it as $70 instead of $95!
I found it. I'm wondering if there's a difference in size. The $70 version doesn't list the size but the $95 versions
indicates 3.4 oz.
shrugs.gif

elegant-one

I think it's one of those cases where you need to see them side by side IRL
sigh.gif
Yep. TF should have been up front IF the shadows were previous shades & not just change the name. But, I'm not sure they would do that? I'm going to call my NM SA to find out the truth. I really want Black Oyster!
pompom.gif

Yazmin

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/tom-ford-beauty-3/tom-ford-summer-2015/#more-179313

That reinforced my decision to skip since Karen is closer to my skin tone. I would probably only use one or two shades max from the eye palette - not worth the expense.
Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
And, we all know - SIZE MATTERS
rofl.gif
pompom.gif
lmao.gif
Yeah, it does.
lmao.gif

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF] Vee and I ordered the Guerlain Terracotta Parfum[/COLOR]:happydance: [COLOR=0000FF]We are just bad to the bone!!!!  I think we got the same things except for the Gold Dust---I ordered Terra.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Oh and I also picked up the [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] EL Illum Shimmering Nudes Bronze Goddess 2015 - Pink stick highlighter.  Vee always finds the goods before anyone---that's why I now call[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   h[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]er Agent 007V![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]:haha: [COLOR=0000FF]   BTW, How do you like LM Ritual???[/COLOR]
Lol, I got the Estée Lauder stick highlighter as well, it's absolutely gorgeous and works as an illuminating blush for me! So happy with it I'm debating a back up, but my cream products always tend to go bad super fast. I'm typically scared of bronzer, especially darker ones(make me look dirty/muddy), but the LM Ritual is soooo beautiful! I couldn't believe it! I love it and am so happy with it! You just ordered it too didn't you?? Is the perfume LE? I wonder if Nord or NM has it out, I'm picky about frangrance but I'm really curious about this one now!

Medgal07

Yep. TF should have been up front IF the shadows were previous shades & not just change the name. But, I'm not sure they would do that? I'm going to call my NM SA to find out the truth. I really want Black Oyster!
pompom.gif
I had my eye on it too until it appeared that it might be our 2015. Look at the confusion they've created!!!
sigh.gif

Psych1

The swatches of Rose Soleil seem soooo sheer. I'm still getting it, but I'm a little disappointed based on swatches. I'm a little meh on the Naked duo as well, but I'm still getting that too lol

Medgal07

Is the perfume LE? I wonder if Nord or NM has it out, I'm picky about frangrance but I'm really curious about this one now!
Yes, I did just order LMR, which is why I was eager to know what you thought of it. Talk about putting the cart before the horse
girlhaha.gif
Now I'm really excited to get it.
​ I ordered the Guerlain Terracotta Parfum from Nordies and the writeup indicates it's limited edition but someone in the Guerlain thread heard they were making it permanent.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&keyword=guerlain+fragrance

Medgal07

The swatches of Rose Soleil seem soooo sheer. I'm still getting it, but I'm a little disappointed based on swatches. I'm a little meh on the Naked duo as well, but I'm still getting that too lol
I have Sweet Spot and decided to skip the other lippies. I really like Naked Bronze and had it on my original list until the shades were being correlated with the TF cream
shadows that I already have like, Illicit, Spice and Spring 2015. I decided to just order the Golden Peach Duo.

Ernie

My Dad saw the surgeon and the blood doc yesterday. He is recovering well. The chances he will ever heart issues again are less then 1%. His blood is getting better. The bone marrow test showed he has no cancer or anything awful lingering. It was his lack of oxygen to his heart that dropped his RBC so low. It is close to normal now. It is the breast bone having to heal that is driving him crazy. They hope by 90 days he will be off all meds except the 81 mg aspirin. My father never took any meds except for aspirin for over 30 years. So having to swallow 10 pills at a time he is having a tough time with.  Neiman's sent my parent's a get well gift. For my Dad they sent him hand cream so he could have soft hands as he writes the checks for his job. He is a treasurer. 
That is wonderful news, all the best to you, your dad and your family.

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]Yes, I did just order LMR, which is why I was eager to know what you thought of it. Talk about putting the cart before the horse:haha: [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Now I'm really excited to get it.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]​    I ordered the Guerlain Terracotta Parfum from Nordies and the writeup indicates it's limited edition but someone in the Guerlain thread heard they were making it permanent.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&keyword=guerlain+fragrance
Yay!! I think you'll love Ritual!

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]   I have Sweet Spot and decided to skip the other lippies.  I really like Naked Bronze and had it on my original list until the shades were being correlated with the TF cream[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   shadows that I already [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]have like, Illicit, Spice and Spring 2015.  I decided to just order the Golden Peach Duo.[/COLOR]
The Golden Peach looks gorgeous!! So excited about getting that one. I'm a little surprised he duplicated the cream colors, not cool for those that already have the colors! For the lipsticks, I also ordered Paradiso but skipped sweet spot and skinny dip. How do you like sweet spot?

beautycool

Sorry for your loss starletta Thinking of you Know how you feeling right now I feel awful as just read through whole thread and where I wrote about my phone being wiped you were going through this ( I didn't read most of the other posts) as I only wrote my post quickly being I just read it bk and missed out words or spelling as rushing Anyhow Hun I'm thinking of you and sending prayers n love across

Medgal07

For the lipsticks, I also ordered Paradiso but skipped sweet spot and skinny dip. How do you like sweet spot?
Exactly---that's why I'm in disbelief, if that is in fact what they did. I really like Sweet Spot. It's a great summer color and it's more pigmented than I expected it to be.
Paradiso is beautiful! I hope you love it.

Winthrop44

I think it's one of those cases where you need to see them side by side IRL
sigh.gif

Not RL but still very helpful.....in each case Christine swatched old vs new right before the pics of the new product on her eye.

Her original Spice vs the bottom of the Naked Bronze duo here:

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-naked-bronze-cream-powder-eye-color-review-photos-swatches

Her original Pink Haze vs the bottom of Golden Peach here:

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-golden-peach-cream-powder-eye-color-review-photos-swatches

Her Spring 2015 vs the bottom of the Midnight Sea duo here:

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-midnight-sea-cream-powder-eye-color-review-photos-swatches

Maybe everyone's already seen these but I managed to miss the side by side comparisons when I read her reviews the first time. Pretty convincing, at least to my eye on my monitor.

Quote: Originally Posted by Psych1

The Golden Peach looks gorgeous!! So excited about getting that one.
I'm a little surprised he duplicated the cream colors, not cool for those that already have the colors!
For the lipsticks, I also ordered Paradiso but skipped sweet spot and skinny dip. How do you like sweet spot?
I agree, but really he did the same with some of the Lips & Boys colors. I think good or bad depends on whether you already have or missed the item before, and whether or not you know it's the same....although I doubt anyone really would have complained about new & different cream colors.
flower.gif

Ernie

Just spoke to my SA at Bergdorfs. They thought the new stuff would be in this week, but it's looking like next week now. At least my wallet can breathe a bit. :shock:

Latest posts