Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

charismafulltv

For those asking about Nude Dip, I wasn't a fan until the past month. It doesn't matter how tired I am or how large the bags are under my eyes, Nude Dip makes me look refreshed. I lost my family member that I spoke of earlier, and tomorrow's the viewing. I'll be depending on Nude Dip.
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family

Jaymuhlee

Thank you!!I am still on two minds about the Hourglass ones!! I have no business getting anymore bronzers either! :haha: Added way too many recently!!Got The LM ritual when it launched a few weeks back, then the Chanel Summer one and I have preordered Terra as well!! Pretty sure I will give in to the Guerlain Summer ones!! But the Hourglass ones are still tempting :shock:
I just did a light application using my Ambient Powder Brush over Terra and the finish is so nice! I was worried about its luminosity from the swatches I've seen but I really like it! After shopping I snapped some photos of my swatchfest in direct and indirect sunlight:
Bottom to top: Armani 400, 200, 100, Guerlain Joli Teint Duo 03, 01, Laura Mercier Ritual, Indiscretion, Hourglass Luminous, Radiant, and Guerlain Terracotta 00 along the side I keep wanting to get into the Guerlain duos but I don't get them. The SA at Nordstrom didn't help either, she told me none of them would suit me/my coloring. It's probably for the best considering my growing list!
  [COLOR=0000FF] I know exactly what you mean!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I looked up Armani 100 and it is just gorgeous!!   I can totally see that on you---you will look amazing in it!!  I had[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   seen LM Ritual and didn't give it much thought, but seeing it swatched--OMG!!! [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]I hate to be the one to break this[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   to you but YOU NEED ALL THREE!!!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]:lmao:  
It's going to happen sooner or later, I might as well accept it, right?? Ha!
[COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR] :haha: [COLOR=0000FF]You're making me super anxious to get Terra---I wish they would ship early!!!!!  I want it now![/COLOR]
You're going to love it!

Psych1

Thank you!!I am still on two minds about the Hourglass ones!! I have no business getting anymore bronzers either! :haha: Added way too many recently!!Got The LM ritual when it launched a few weeks back, then the Chanel Summer one and I have preordered Terra as well!! Pretty sure I will give in to the Guerlain Summer ones!! But the Hourglass ones are still tempting :shock:
Lol, I'm having the same dilemma! I bought LM ritual a few weeks ago, then the EL Gelee (which works as a light bronzer for me), Then preordered Tom Ford Gold Dust, Chanel Summer bronzer is on it's way to me and a Guerlain bronzer is on it's way to me (from sephora sale). So I'm feeling really bronzed out, BUT I'm still tempted to order the hourglass one in Luminous Light. I'm pretty sure I'll cave in the next week before the sale is over lol

Psych1

For those asking about Nude Dip, I wasn't a fan until the past month. It doesn't matter how tired I am or how large the bags are under my eyes, Nude Dip makes me look refreshed. I lost my family member that I spoke of earlier, and tomorrow's the viewing. I'll be depending on Nude Dip.
So sorry for your loss Starletta.

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]​I've felt that way about a few palettes too, until I sought out alternative ways to apply the E/S, but in one case,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   the palette just didn't work for me---it was a Dior palette.[/COLOR]    http://beautygypsy.com/tom-ford-nude-dip-eyeshadow-quad-for-fall-2014    http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/09/tom-ford-nude-dip-eye-color-quad-fall.html    http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-nude-dip-eye-color-quad-review-photos-swatches   [COLOR=0000FF] It's a shame to have spent that $$$$ and not get to use it.  Been there, done that.[/COLOR]:sigh:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atlITKvVnW4    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atlITKvVnW4
I know, it's a shame for sure. I don't hate nude dip, it's just not as wow as I expected. And I also don't love the fact that it lacks a matte transition/blending shade. I'm happy to have it as a part of my collection though (says the makeup hoarder in me) lol Thank you for the links, Raeviewer always has such easy to follow tutorials.

beautycool

Hi all My phone now has even wiped as I tried to update it yesterday wish I hadn't of bothered as the iCloud was not on either to bk my phone up I have lost all the jacqune you tubes vids etc I'm so sad my wedding pics ( the ones hubby hadn't got as it was the night before and morning of wedding day ) I maybe able to retrieve on my fb Oh and my Maldives honeymoon And Florida when baby was one Just things I with ge able to get bk But think I may have a few on fb I'm hoping Anyhow I went to my mums for long weekend and saw all the lipsticks in town my old county I used to live in They had them all electric pink And the other pink and negligee and twist of fate etc Any hoes maybe I shouldn't pre order from states now as left it to late and they may not be able to full fill my order :(

Winthrop44

For those asking about Nude Dip, I wasn't a fan until the past month. It doesn't matter how tired I am or how large the bags are under my eyes, Nude Dip makes me look refreshed.

I lost my family member that I spoke of earlier, and tomorrow's the viewing. I'll be depending on Nude Dip.
Very sorry for your loss starletta. :( Take care.

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF]I just ordered Laura Mercier Ritual!!!![/COLOR]:haha: [COLOR=0000FF]Your swatch got to me----if your swatch didn't get me, Vee would have!!!!![/COLOR]:lmao: [COLOR=0000FF]  I have the Guerlain duo in Brunette Natural 03 and it's an amazing finishing powder.  I LOVE IT!!!![/COLOR]
I did try!! :lmao:
ummmm ....:evil:  LM one is a baked bronzer with pretty pink veining Meddy!! The finish is gorg too!! You totally dont need it :wink: (of course you do, go take a look)
:happydance: :yahoo:

Vineetha

Lol, I'm having the same dilemma! I bought LM ritual a few weeks ago, then the EL Gelee (which works as a light bronzer for me), Then preordered Tom Ford Gold Dust, Chanel Summer bronzer is on it's way to me and a Guerlain bronzer is on it's way to me (from sephora sale). So I'm feeling really bronzed out, BUT I'm still tempted to order the hourglass one in Luminous Light. I'm pretty sure I'll cave in the next week before the sale is over lol
lol all these pretty things and the sale on top!!

Sugar & Spice

I think I may be the only one who doesn't like Nude Dip! I've tried wearing it a few times but it was a waste of money in my opinion! I don't know why I don't like it! When you swatch them, they swatch beautifully and the colours are gorgeous but when I put them together, eh... nothing special. I tried using it with other palettes but I think it will just collect dust in my drawer.
No you're not the only one. I don't really care for TF eyeshadows in general especially after using Gucci.

Sandalskt

[COLOR=0000FF]I just ordered Laura Mercier Ritual!!!![/COLOR]:haha: [COLOR=0000FF]Your swatch got to me----if your swatch didn't get me, Vee would have!!!!![/COLOR]:lmao: [COLOR=0000FF]  I have the Guerlain duo in Brunette Natural 03 and it's an amazing finishing powder.  I LOVE IT!!!![/COLOR]
I have armani 100 bronzer and it is amazing!

Ernie

I lost my family member that I spoke of earlier, and tomorrow's the viewing. I'll be depending on Nude Dip.
So sorry for your loss. :(

Ernie

I just did a light application using my Ambient Powder Brush over Terra and the finish is so nice! I was worried about its luminosity from the swatches I've seen but I really like it! After shopping I snapped some photos of my swatchfest in direct and indirect sunlight:
Bottom to top: Armani 400, 200, 100, Guerlain Joli Teint Duo 03, 01, Laura Mercier Ritual, Indiscretion, Hourglass Luminous, Radiant, and Guerlain Terracotta 00 along the side I keep wanting to get into the Guerlain duos but I don't get them. The SA at Nordstrom didn't help either, she told me none of them would suit me/my coloring. It's probably for the best considering my growing list! It's going to happen sooner or later, I might as well accept it, right?? Ha! You're going to love it!
Thanks so much for these great swatches! :eyelove:

ashievic

Starletta,

My heart goes out to you. The Carmelite nuns who were praying for my Dad, told us. It is God's will. I hope you will find comfort in your family and your faith. You are not alone.

ashievic

My Dad saw the surgeon and the blood doc yesterday. He is recovering well. The chances he will ever heart issues again are less then 1%. His blood is getting better. The bone marrow test showed he has no cancer or anything awful lingering. It was his lack of oxygen to his heart that dropped his RBC so low. It is close to normal now. It is the breast bone having to heal that is driving him crazy. They hope by 90 days he will be off all meds except the 81 mg aspirin. My father never took any meds except for aspirin for over 30 years. So having to swallow 10 pills at a time he is having a tough time with.

Neiman's sent my parent's a get well gift. For my Dad they sent him hand cream so he could have soft hands as he writes the checks for his job. He is a treasurer.

throwitawaynow

My Dad saw the surgeon and the blood doc yesterday. He is recovering well. The chances he will ever heart issues again are less then 1%. His blood is getting better. The bone marrow test showed he has no cancer or anything awful lingering. It was his lack of oxygen to his heart that dropped his RBC so low. It is close to normal now. It is the breast bone having to heal that is driving him crazy. They hope by 90 days he will be off all meds except the 81 mg aspirin. My father never took any meds except for aspirin for over 30 years. So having to swallow 10 pills at a time he is having a tough time with.  Neiman's sent my parent's a get well gift. For my Dad they sent him hand cream so he could have soft hands as he writes the checks for his job. He is a treasurer. 
I'm very glad your dad is doing better. That is nice of neiman to send something. Does he work for them?