Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

laurennnxox

:blush: thank you, I felt beautiful! I bet with your eye color, the NB duo is going to look gorgeous on you :love: I backed up the Pink Sand blusher, Golden Peach duo and Skinny Dip lipstick! I find with NB, I like to sheer it out so that the golden undertones can be more prominent so the eye look won't be as dark. Then I top it off with the glitter!!! It's a show stopper! Side note: Under low lighting, the TF glitter shadows look like diamonds on the lids! :drool: I'm officially obsessed! ...I would just forward my direct deposit information to TF if he comes out with the cream permanently :lmao:
Thanks! I usually lean toward cool colors but NB is so warm and beautiful I'm sure i'll be in love! TF seems to really listen to customer demand. I love that in a company. Hopefully soon he'll add some perm cream shadows!

laurennnxox

So, just finished playing with the midnight sea duo and the chanel stylo in azulejo. It's safe to say, blue shadow is 100% out of my comfort zone. I'm unsure how I feel about it yet. I used the stylo on the inner 2/3rds of my lid, patted the TF blue glitter on top, and then blended the dark cream portion of the duo into the outer third of my lid and buffed it into the crease a little. I also blended in a soft neutral transition shade into the crease just to get rid of harsh lines. I think I could have darkened the cream portion but it's still day time and I didn't want to go over the top. It's a pretty combo, just unsure how I feel about it on myself. I hope I grow to love it. They're definitely unique shades to my collection! (Ps, don't mind the messy hair. It's windy out, lol!)
e68d50a8_image.jpeg

YarahFlower

Glad to hear this!  I'm so tired of the nonsense.  I'm still buying but not nearly as much as I used to.  As a mac enthusiast, I never had too much trouble getting even the most limited collections.  If I really wanted something, I would stalk and be at the store the day of the launch.  Now even with that, I'm missing out on items frequently for more than a year now.  How is it that even the stores don't have product upon opening?  It's really ridiculous. Only the body oil gave me a lot of trouble.  I had a really hard time getting the plastic off of it. Oh I hope to get both of these eventually.  Sounds beautiful!. The Dior is also on my list. This is hilarious!  I would not have hesitated either.  I haven't tried all my buys yet but Rose Soliel and the Cheek Creme are my top picks.
:haha: I want rose soleil, but have not bit the bullet on that one yet! It's perm, right?!...and yes, the cream blush is definitely a fav of mine too!!!
Thanks! I usually lean toward cool colors but NB is so warm and beautiful I'm sure i'll be in love! TF seems to really listen to customer demand. I love that in a company. Hopefully soon he'll add some perm cream shadows!
You would look great in a paper bag girl! Your gorgeous ;) TF rocks for listening to his consumers! That's how you run a business! He's happy that we're buying, and so are we be cause he's supplying what we demand!...unlike MAC :nono:

YarahFlower

So, just finished playing with the midnight sea duo and the chanel stylo in azulejo. It's safe to say, blue shadow is 100% out of my comfort zone. I'm unsure how I feel about it yet. I used the stylo on the inner 2/3rds of my lid, patted the TF blue glitter on top, and then blended the dark cream portion of the duo into the outer third of my lid and buffed it into the crease a little. I also blended in a soft neutral transition shade into the crease just to get rid of harsh lines. I think I could have darkened the cream portion but it's still day time and I didn't want to go over the top. It's a pretty combo, just unsure how I feel about it on myself. I hope I grow to love it. They're definitely unique shades to my collection! (Ps, don't mind the messy hair. It's windy out, lol!)
e68d50a8_image.jpeg
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! you look fabulous! :love:

RuLaRu

Hey guys !, i got my hands on pink sand :) finally lol. Here's some pictures but i also did a video review on youtube if its of any help to people, link is in my signature
peace2.gif

ashievic

A couple of things. The Chanel eyeliner I think was released about 4 months ago in the teal looks great with the summer cream shadows and TF Midnight Sea. The TF summer lipsticks are going to be part of the regular line. The actual TF website offers all the colors including the ones from last summer. At least they did, the last time I looked which was about a week ago. Nude Dip, it will be part of the normal line, will be released in May. Yes, pre-orders should be up soon on the normal sites (NM, BG, Nordie's, etc.) I have found that it takes quite some time to get these items back in stock, once the initial shipment is sold out. Rumor has it Black Orchid, Forbidden Pink and others will be released for Fall 2015 or Holiday 2015. If you snooze, you will lose.

MAC is re-organizing due to numerous reasons. Many customers have moved on to other brands. Their target market has always been teens to late 20's. As well as the issue of things being sold out, prior to even being offered on the so-called release date. They are re-thinking how to keep their target market as they age. Think of Levi's many years ago. They refused to address the changing needs of their original target market. As in young men, that are in high school and college. As they aged, their waist bands grew, as well as their butts. When the company was on the verge of entering dangerous profit loss, they re-invented themselves. As in offered jeans for the "fuller" fit. My parent's would be so proud I actually remember some of the business/marketing classes I took in college.

I have also viewed MAC as a mid-range price point product. Yes, I without question, own MAC products. Love and still use their brush cleaner. Best price for the money. If you crave a good vampy lip, MAC has it. Again, they have over saturated their target market with products. Where as with other big cosmetics, they have a pretty set market release. With maybe a few unknown, their website only release. Nothing like MAC, as in around 24 different campaigns a year. Their quality has also had serious issues. I have always found their lip gloss tacky. Business lesson done. What the collectors go for now, is the unique package. Not so much the product.

Lastly, those who crave TF Pure Pink, if you got the Boy's Cooper, it is the same. Just as I was a dumb ass and purchased Smoked Red, and the Boy's one that is ??? can't remember the name but it is the same. I swatched,and there is no difference. Unlike the dupe shadows for summer 2015. My Midnight Sea and the Peach are not Spice and Spring 2015. I will take a picture. When my father even with his glasses off can see the Peach and Spice are not the same color in the jar, you so know they are not dupes. Done with my rant.....

RuLaRu

A couple of things. The Chanel eyeliner I think was released about 4 months ago in the teal looks great with the summer cream shadows and TF Midnight Sea. The TF summer lipsticks are going to be part of the regular line. The actual TF website offers all the colors including the ones from last summer. At least they did, the last time I looked which was about a week ago. Nude Dip, it will be part of the normal line, will be released in May. Yes, pre-orders should be up soon on the normal sites (NM, BG, Nordie's, etc.) I have found that it takes quite some time to get these items back in stock, once the initial shipment is sold out. Rumor has it Black Orchid, Forbidden Pink and others will be released for Fall 2015 or Holiday 2015. If you snooze, you will lose.

MAC is re-organizing due to numerous reasons. Many customers have moved on to other brands. Their target market has always been teens to late 20's. As well as the issue of things being sold out, prior to even being offered on the so-called release date. They are re-thinking how to keep their target market as they age. Think of Levi's many years ago. They refused to address the changing needs of their original target market. As in young men, that are in high school and college. As they aged, their waist bands grew, as well as their butts. When the company was on the verge of entering dangerous profit loss, they re-invented themselves. As in offered jeans for the "fuller" fit. My parent's would be so proud I actually remember some of the business/marketing classes I took in college.

I have also viewed MAC as a mid-range price point product. Yes, I without question, own MAC products. Love and still use their brush cleaner. Best price for the money. If you crave a good vampy lip, MAC has it. Again, they have over saturated their target market with products. Where as with other big cosmetics, they have a pretty set market release. With maybe a few unknown, their website only release. Nothing like MAC, as in around 24 different campaigns a year. Their quality has also had serious issues. I have always found their lip gloss tacky. Business lesson done. What the collectors go for now, is the unique package. Not so much the product.

Lastly, those who crave TF Pure Pink, if you got the Boy's Cooper, it is the same. Just as I was a dumb ass and purchased Smoked Red, and the Boy's one that is ??? can't remember the name but it is the same. I swatched,and there is no difference. Unlike the dupe shadows for summer 2015. My Midnight Sea and the Peach are not Spice and Spring 2015. I will take a picture. When my father even with his glasses off can see the Peach and Spice are not the same color in the jar, you so know they are not dupes. Done with my rant.....
Agree 100%, i buy mac for packaging on limited editions and thats it :).

mkoparanova

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that about MAC and the TF summer lipsticks, the SAs are saying, that they are LE. Just one thing - Forbidden pink has been out in the UK for almost a month now and it's available everywhere (with the others mentioned before). I would be happy, if Black Orchid is part of the future collections.

mkoparanova

Oh and has anyone seen a matte lipstick called Hot cerise? It appeared on a few websites this week, I wonder what it is.
This is the only picture I was able to find:

starletta8

My counter had a lot of the old lippies back. They're perm now, correct? They had pure pink, negligee, first time, etc. etc. those lippies. Pure pink was
love.gif
but if it's permanent... i need to slow this train down.
girlhaha.gif

Yes, they're all permanent. The only LE lipsticks out there right now are (possibly) the Sheers with the Summer collection- there's conflicting info on those.

starletta8

There was no denying the beautiful bronzy goodness of Caroube, and you know that!
lmao.gif
lol.gif
If it makes you feel better, I have Olivine and Orchidee sitting in my cart too... And now maybe a TF bronzer.
girlhaha.gif

Just do it!
clapping.gif

(Says the owner of all of the Stylos and TF bronzer)

ashievic

Think of it as eating 2 pieces of pizza, less calories, if it is 2 pieces, then one big one. Yeah right, not, but it works in my mind

ashievic

My counter had a lot of the old lippies back. They're perm now, correct? They had pure pink, negligee, first time, etc. etc. those lippies. Pure pink was
love.gif
but if it's permanent... i need to slow this train down.
girlhaha.gif

Yes, they're all permanent. The only LE lipsticks out there right now are (possibly) the Sheers with the Summer collection- there's conflicting info on those.
In the States, the summer lipstick are here forever. I saw the official letter from TF, stating this.

ashievic

In the States, the summer lipstick are here forever. I saw the official letter from TF, stating this.
Are they going to stay in the white packaging or going to be changed to the regular one after the summer stock sells out?
They will be in the white, as well as the bronzers will remain in the white cases.

mango13

They will be in the white, as well as the bronzers will remain in the white cases.
Will the bronzers also be available in regular mahogany packaging or is this replacing it? Or is it just the minis in the summer packaging? I know this was mentioned before in the thread. I just thought it was only going to be the minis.