Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

meka72

I'm trying not to get Naked Bronze. Apparently, I love bronze eyeshadow based upon the plethora in my stash. Right now, I'm using Chanel cream eyeshadow in Mirage as my lid color.
Very nice, [@]meka[/@]! I think so, too! Naked Bronze also looks lovely

Medgal07

I'm trying not to get Naked Bronze. Apparently, I love bronze eyeshadow based upon the plethora in my stash. Right now, I'm using Chanel cream eyeshadow in Mirage as my lid color.
I think you still need Naked Bronze Meka. I didn't do a side/side comparison, but off the top of my head Mirage has more gold in it than NB-------just saying.

Prettypackages

So I couldn't get Midnight Sea to work for me. The cream color is a muddy mess on me. THe blue does make it pop, but it's not that nice on me.

meka72

Hmmm, then I do need NB. But I'll have to wait. Despite "claiming" a low buy, I've been buying stuff left and right. Lol.
  [COLOR=0000FF]  I think you still need Naked Bronze Meka.  I didn't do a side/side comparison, but off the top of my head Mirage has more gold in it than NB-------just saying.[/COLOR]

MakeupAli

i am thinkin of looks as we speak and I dnt even have it in my hands but stand by...i'll teach u how to stunt
supacool.gif

OMG!!!! mesmerizing eyes laydeez....i'm just omg...just too gorge!!

I think im gonna grab that EP...it's perm right? lawd my list of TF lippies just gets longer n longer (Moroccan rouge, lust-color shine, cocoa ravish, pink dusk and blush nude) if there's anything on that list that I could do away with PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

OK SOOOOO...my golden peach came today and I just couldn't resist opening!! the mere sensation I got as I untwist the lid is just mmmmmm **licks lips** and so I barely tapped it to swatch and it just glided on the back of my wrist n melted into my skin like the finest of shea butters found only in the lavish lands of Africa-then I flipped that top to smear my finger in the glitter n it was just phkn majestic...like no glitter I've ever felt before
eyelove.gif
if I could just sprinkle it on my toast in the mornings while lounging in a mink robe near an infinity pool gazing at the Hollywood sign in my backyard I would die fulfilled
th_thstars.gif
I must say....I am VERY impressed with these creams (already debating which one of peter I will rob to pay paul n get that naked bronze even tho I have a feeling these creams will come back as perms soon)!! soooo I checked on my order n the lady said it would ship tomorrow but I was simultaneously on the chat with the chick who actually found my tracking number and it says it'll be at my home TOMORROW!!! EEEEEEK!!! yall have noooo idea how excited I am to just throw it on!! for SURE im doin a look for my date Sat night
graucho.gif
Hope you had a fun date-- and that you looked gorgeous in your new makeup.

beautycool

So I couldn't get Midnight Sea to work for me.  The cream color is a muddy mess on me.  THe blue does make it pop, but it's not that nice on me. 
Oh no why is that ? Is it a hit n miss for some ? I'm thinking of buying that one It looks lovely well the blue does but not sure on other colour Maybe are you putting ok too much dark Anyhows are you keeping it or sending bk ?

MakeupAli

So I couldn't get Midnight Sea to work for me. The cream color is a muddy mess on me. THe blue does make it pop, but it's not that nice on me.
Sorry it did not work for you-- and good to know. That is pretty much the only one of the cream e/s that was remotely a possibility, but I did not pull the trigger. Still waiting for that green or off-white cream. I have not heard people raving about it much-- hope your are happy with your other purchases.

KiKi Kontour

Hope you had a fun date-- and that you looked gorgeous in your new makeup.
i did not go on my date
jerkit.gif

I did not play in my goodies
ohboy.gif

I got off work at 2p, dropped mason off at my stepdads, grocery shopped n took my azz home n went to bed (to get up at 430 for work this am)
sigh.gif
but im off at 10a so im gonna go to lowe's (gotta fix my knob on the sink), grab mason and go home to play in makeup whether im goin out or not....does anybody else play in makeup and go absolutely NO WHERE? lol be lookin freshly beat n painted to the heavens....to clean up the kitchen or some shyt
punk_.gif

MakeupAli

i did not go on my date
jerkit.gif

ohboy.gif

I got off work at 2p, dropped mason off at my stepdads, grocery shopped n took my azz home n went to bed (to get up at 430 for work this am)
sigh.gif
but im off at 10a so im gonna go to lowe's (gotta fix my knob on the sink), grab mason and go home to play in makeup whether im goin out or not....does anybody else play in makeup and go absolutely NO WHERE? lol be lookin freshly beat n painted to the heavens....to clean up the kitchen or some shyt
punk_.gif
Um, yes!

MakeupAli

Sorry it did not work for you-- and good to know. That is pretty much the only one of the cream e/s that was remotely a possibility, but I did not pull the trigger. Still waiting for that green or off-white cream. I have not heard people raving about it much-- hope your are happy with your other purchases.
Check out Asia Exclusive lip shines: http://www.solonelyingorgeous.com/2015/05/let-it-shinetom-ford-beauty-spring-2015.html

RuLaRu

YES ! i beat my mug just for the post man
peace2.gif
lol.

Quote: lookin freshly beat n painted to the heavens....to clean up the kitchen or some shyt
punk_.gif

karlaedith

i did not go on my date :jerkit: I did not play in my goodies :eek:hboy: I got off work at 2p, dropped mason off at my stepdads, grocery shopped n took my azz home n went to bed (to get up at 430 for work this am) :sigh:  but im off at 10a so im gonna go to lowe's (gotta fix my knob on the sink), grab mason and go home to play in makeup whether im goin out or not....does anybody else play in makeup and go absolutely NO WHERE? lol be lookin freshly beat n painted to the heavens....to clean up the kitchen or some shyt :yeah:
Oh yes, i wear makeup whenever i feel like to, going out or not, when i received my tom ford cream foundation brush and after washed and ready to use i used it so had full on makeup while i was doing house chores lol

starletta8

I'm so sorry Starletta----I saw that earlier and got distracted shopping at Sephora w/Ebates @ 16% cashback doing other things.
I don't have Spanish Pink but I do have very pigmented lips and when I use a light color, be it a nude or otherwise, I pair it with a brown
lip liner---applied very lightly and blended well.

I looked at Spanish Pink and it seems darker than MAC Peachstock which is one of my go-to nudes so I think you might be safe.
Also, when I've worn a nude in which I feel it's making me look less than alive, I top it with gloss & bam---works every time!!!

No problem!

I don't know why I"m thinking that it might work if Pink Dusk doesn't... but I have a feeling that the shimmer means it's a bit sheerer and would actually work.

Winthrop44

No problem! I don't know why I"m thinking that it might work if Pink Dusk doesn't... but I have a feeling that the shimmer means it's a bit sheerer and would actually work.
Have you seen Sabrina's reviews of it? http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/09/tom-ford-lipstick-swatches-pinks-nudes.html http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/09/tom-ford-lip-color-spanish-pink-01.html I remember it being as pigmented/not sheer as Pink Dusk on my pigmented lips, but I did not notice the shimmer on me at the time I was comparing them so I might have been in an unobservant mood. For me it was just a matter of the difference in tone with SP being a little peachier and I felt like they weren't different enough on to justify both at the price point.

elegant-one

i did not go on my date
jerkit.gif

ohboy.gif

sigh.gif
punk_.gif
Always
greengrin.gif

Vineetha

So I couldn't get Midnight Sea to work for me.  The cream color is a muddy mess on me.  THe blue does make it pop, but it's not that nice on me. 
Oh no!! Personally it's one of my fav cream shadow ever!! Like an easy peasy smoky eye in a bottle lol!! Have you tried starting with the least amount possible and sheering out?? That way the brown and khaki tones become more obvious than layering it!! And the sparklers add a nice dimension!! (Like with even lesser amount of shadow than you think you will need! It's really really pigmented)

Latest posts