Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Haven

^^ They look metallic in the swatches but I have not seen them in real. Are they dry like paintpots or moist and blendable like the Illusion d'ombres?
They are metallic, but they are not an "in your face" gritty metallic. The texture is more like a mousse. Even more blendable than the Chanel shadows. My favorite is the platinum.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Update for Canadian beauties on Tom Ford- doesn't mean we'll necessarily get the makeup collection, but it is more promising.

Apparently, things didn't work out between TF and Holt Renfrew, so HR will not be getting the makeup collection beyond the lipsticks, which they continue to carry. TF hasn't been happy with the marketing of their line in general in Canada and so now are working with Sephora to explore distribution through them in Canada only.

As a first step, the downtown Sephora in Montreal (around the corner from their Canadian head office) is now carrying the Tom Ford "Private Label" fragrances. It's at that one location only, but if things go well, then they'll roll those out to more stores and get exclusive rights to the makeup in Canada. *cross fingers*

baghdad81

Wow thanks for that katred. It would be really good if they do that so I could potentially try the line during the VIB sale!

Haven

Does anyone know if Tom Ford will be releasing a Fall 2012 or Holiday 2012 makeup collection?

afulton

I was at a TF counter last weekend and was told the Fall 2012 collection will be shipped to stores on August 6.

Haven

^^^Thank you so much for this information! I assumed that there would be a fall collection, but I have not heard or read anything about it.

I wonder if the information about this collection is posted somewhere online. I haven't been able to find it yet.

afulton

I couldn't find much either. Here is a picture of the blush (Narcissist) Looks like it's a bright pink.

^^^Thank you so much for this information! I assumed that there would be a fall collection, but I have not heard or read anything about it.

I wonder if the information about this collection is posted somewhere online. I haven't been able to find it yet.

Haven

I just did a live chat with NM beauty, and they told me that there will be a fall/winter collection. They said, however, that it is not scheduled to be released until late September or early October. Hopefully we will see it sooner than that. I like the Aug. 6th release date better!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
These pics are of the fall collection, I believe.

tumblr_m59qdiwTlX1r6hxsbo1_r1_500.jpg

tom_ford_20120730_1326444262.jpg

Unfortuately here in Germany there still isn't a website to order TF products from :(

cody

Just wondering.... the original Black Orchid lipstick in white packaging and the re-launched one in brown packaging, are the colours identical or am I correct in thinking the new one is a bit different?

Anneri

They *should* be identical (there are some colours from the original release in white which were repromoted when the cosmetics collection launched), but unfortunately, I only own the one in the old, white packaging.
The coral one is the same, though - I accidentally bought the new one without checking my stash. D'oh! (So if anyone is interested in the one with the white packaging, just let me know!)

cody

They *should* be identical (there are some colours from the original release in white which were repromoted when the cosmetics collection launched), but unfortunately, I only own the one in the old, white packaging.
The coral one is the same, though - I accidentally bought the new one without checking my stash. D'oh! (So if anyone is interested in the one with the white packaging, just let me know!)
Thanks for that! I just got my hands on an original Black Orchid, but it looks a bit more brown than what I've seen of the newer one... then I was comparing karlasugar's swatches and they looked quite different. I might try to swatch the new one tomorrow just to see, not that I need both but if there is a significant difference I may end up with both eventually.

Haven

Some of the fall collection is featured in NM's new "the book." Nail polish in Dominatrix (looks like a dark purple in the pic) which I need b/c of the name LOL. There is a lipstick named Aphrodisiac (dark pinkish color in pic). There is also a limited edition cheek and lip stain in tainted love (looks red in pic), which is in the same bullet packaging as the ls. Finally there is a pic of the green & blue quad in Naynadine's photos, and it is called emerald lust.