Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Prettypackages

Indian Rose, sable smoke and Casablanca were the first 3 of the regular sizes I noticed to turn rancid. The Lips and Boys i got is the most recent one from nov 2015 that's why I was so bummed. I returned them and told my SA that I just couldn't justify keeping them and not even being able to use them because I'm not going to use rancid lipsticks.
oh that's unacceptable they turned that fast.

I'm also wondering- would an SA know who returned what if a customer returns an item if returned to a different store ?I know Nordies takes their commission back that's why instead of returning I just usually try to switch stuff but sometimes I just don't feel like doing that.

You know that'd a good question. I'm sure they do if it was a really big sale. But idk.

Prettypackages

Indian Rose, sable smoke and Casablanca were the first 3 of the regular sizes I noticed to turn rancid. The Lips and Boys i got is the most recent one from nov 2015 that's why I was so bummed. I returned them and told my SA that I just couldn't justify keeping them and not even being able to use them because I'm not going to use rancid lipsticks.

I'm also wondering- would an SA know who returned what if a customer returns an item if returned to a different store ?I know Nordies takes their commission back that's why instead of returning I just usually try to switch stuff but sometimes I just don't feel like doing that.

The primary reason plates are incubated upside down is so condensation doesn't drop onto the cultures.

Yes! Thank you! lol

GreenEyedAllie

My thing is I want to know what the summer compact shades are. Is the duo from last summer? Is the trio moodlight plus a new/old blush or something completely new? He reuses stuff constantly (good/ok) without being open about it like boys versus men(bad).

Last edited:

Vineetha

My thing is I want to know what the summer compact shades are. Is the duo from last summer? Is the trio moodlight plus a new/old blush or something completely new? He reuses stuff constantly (good/ok) without being open about it like boys versus men(bad).
well I hope not :hmm: I ordered the duo and trio on preorder!! The description sounds different from the last one!mentions sheer rosy hues?? But as you said with TF could never tell! Also I thought the formula Lola similar to the recent illuminating duo while the compact had a diff formula??

Winthrop44

My guess is that it's different too. The darker shade looks like a brighter rose as opposed to the plummy one in the Eye & Cheek Palette from last summer.

Winthrop44

Ah, here it is in response to hitchcockblonde saying the cheek duo looks like the summer palette.

I spoke to an SA from Neimans earlier this afternoon who says they are not the same, so there are divided opinions. Time will tell, I guess.

@Monsy, yes, Pink Sand is the repromote.

Monsy

I am currently interested in :

bronzing primer
gold dust small bronzer
bronzed age small bronzer
cream cheek (not the pink one)
fire lust

boschicka

I spoke to an SA from Neimans earlier this afternoon who says they are not the same, so there are divided opinions. Time will tell, I guess.

@Monsy, yes, Pink Sand is the repromote.

Ha, of course. Good for people who missed the palette if they're the same. If they're different, we all lose....our money! :D

karlaedith

I really hope the cheek duo isthe same as the one in tge pink glow palette, the cheek colors were the only reason i wanted the palette as i already had dupes for the eyeshadows so i couldnt justify 95 dls if i only liked 2 colors.

awickedshape

Guys! Remind me again which one holds and releases your funds and which one takes your funds only when the order ships, pre-orders or back-orders?

GreenEyedAllie

Ok. I took the time to read the descriptions. The blush duo is NOT the same. Even if the colors are the same (comparing my palette to the pic makes me think that's unlikely), the formula is different. It's wet/dry and is the gel embossed formula like moodlight. The palette is the smooth formula like his original powder formulas. The highlighter in the trio MAY be the same as the lighter shade in moodlight, but the blush is new, and the darker shade is listed as a bronzer. The products are again the gel powder formula.

Long story short, I pre-ordered both palettes on NM. I'm waiting to see the nude cream cheek color. Anyone grab a rich lip color or the cores? Even with the talk about his lippies, I admit curiousity.

Icecaramellatte

My Saks SA sent me a text for pre-order last week but she only had a pic of the perfume but now that the rest of the collection is surfacing, I'm thinking the pre-order was for the rest of the products. I may have to call and see when things are due in. I'm really not ready for pre-orders right now. I put some stuff in my virtual cart and it was just too much. I like and dislike that the collections have so many products nowadays.

awickedshape

My Saks SA sent me a text for pre-order last week but she only had a pic of the perfume but now that the rest of the collection is surfacing, I'm thinking the pre-order was for the rest of the products. I may have to call and see when things are due in. I'm really not ready for pre-orders right now. I put some stuff in my virtual cart and it was just too much. I like and dislike that the collections have so many products nowadays.

And too early for swatches