Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Missyrocks

Ahoy 'C'. Good to see you. I feel your challenge. It'll take some getting used to----figuring out the little quirks, etc but it's not insurmountable. I'm liking quite a bit about it. I've not yet tried it on my mobile devices.

So glad you are back! I agree, this is not the easiest format, but not insurmountable. I'm still getting my sealegs here.

Filmfreak

Same information over here like Sugar & Spice said , the lips & boys are available at Douglas and the shop marks them as "limited". It's confusing because I've read on several blogs that they're supposed to be permanent.
Anyway, I couldn't resist and got three of the more unusual colours: Stavros, Roman and Theo. I'd loved to have some of the lighter colours as well, but because of those recent reports about TF lipsticks going bad I decided not to buy too many. Although all my TFs are still in best condition so far.

Missyrocks

Somehow I became unsubbed to this thread--- the heck!!

I bought four boys on black friday. I got to swatch "most" in person. I didn't buy any that I couldn't swatch, unfortunately. The SA said she only got 3 in of: drake, egon, daniel, and 3 others that I can't remember so she didn't make testers of them. She goes, "oh, but I can show you lip swatches!" and I'm like "really?" and she....... pulls up temptalia's round up of the boys..... and I start cracking up, and say, "too bad they're not really that accurate." I think she kinda got offended at that, but oh well. I wasn't about to be sold at the counter by a SA showing me blogger photos of shades.

I don't know how I felt about her refusing to make testers. I appreciate that she's saving product for customers, but this might lead someone to buy a shade they don't know they'll like-- then return it, and now that limited (for now) product is going in the trash. :nixweiss:

I ended up with: Malik, Joaquin, Daniel, and Jay. Jay is beautiful, but a tad sheer. I can't wait to pair it with a vampy liner. I wanted to swatch some of the more "different" shades like egon and vladimir, but she didn't have testers. So I didn't walk away with them.

This site is a little hinky. You picked pretty colors. I agree- the SA saving them sounds shady and it does lead to someone buying something they won't like. SMH. I got Joaquin as well. Very pretty. I didn't see Daniel. I think it was sold out. I was wondering why the light shades weren't on tester either- the SA said they were sold out, but who knows. I'm waiting for my other boys to be delivered, including Drake.

Missyrocks

Does anyone know if there's a way to get notified of replies or new posts on here like the old site? I thought the box was checked, but I don't get anything. Sounds like others have said the same thing.

Missyrocks

Even had to ring up the flagship store in Knightsbridge just to confirm it.

That's great. We keep getting all different info. I guess it makes sense to buy them because we might lose the chance. I suspect they're permanent and maybe they don't want to clear it up at TF because they want the sales to be brisk rather than folks taking their time if they believe they're permanent.

Marsha Pomells

Same information over here like Sugar & Spice said , the lips & boys are available at Douglas and the shop marks them as "limited". It's confusing because I've read on several blogs that they're supposed to be permanent.
Anyway, I couldn't resist and got three of the more unusual colours: Stavros, Roman and Theo. I'd loved to have some of the lighter colours as well, but because of those recent reports about TF lipsticks going bad I decided not to buy too many. Although all my TFs are still in best condition so far.

I got my eye on Roman. There's another one as well... Vladimir... I didn't get a chance to look at Theo, let me check out T's site... No actually, I don't trust her lighting... Let's see if Karen has anything, she's around 2 shades lighter than me.

elegant-one

Speaking of our Vee...

This is early but I didn't want to miss it because I may be out on the 4th.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VEE
SHE MAKES US HAPPY
SHE LOVES TO BUY MAKEUP
AND GIGGLE WITH MEDDY & ME!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR VEE!!!! :kisskiss::party::birthday::twirl::band::best_wishes::yay::cowdance::dogdance::heart:

Love you...HUGS!!!!

RuLaRu

I got my eye on Roman. There's another one as well... Vladimir... I didn't get a chance to look at Theo, let me check out T's site... No actually, I don't trust her lighting... Let's see if Karen has anything, she's around 2 shades lighter than me.

YES ! T's swatches NEVER look right on me, roman on her was brown but its metallic greenish grey on me ! Stavros was pale grey on her but on me its a warm grey nude which i love :cloud9:

RuLaRu

There seems to be so much conflicting info over at Tom Ford atm, Im not as close with my TF team as my Guerlain team, i could really tell you some gossip about Guerlain but that has its own thread haha.

I was told by the regional manager that the lips and boys collection isn't permanent BUT they are collecting sales number on popular shades and will eventually add those shades to the full sized regular permanent line :thumbsup:

Latest posts