Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

MACGirl13

The Creme Blush - Pink Sands is also on backorder at Nordstrom's with ship date of April 2016 for anyone that missed it last year.

Golden Peach and Naked bronze are up
on Nordstrom on back order with a ship date of apr 8!! (Part of summer collection)

MACGirl13

I do, South Charlotte and work on South Park across from the mall.....I will PM you and give you my information.

That's so cool! Are you still living in Charlotte? We've been here since June/July 2006 and we live near the Huntersville area and the Northlake Mall.

MakeupAli

Thanks for the swatches. The colors are pretty but not very unique. Some of them don't appear to be very pigmented. Did you find that to be the case? The lighter shades, especially in Lilac Dreams, barely show.

Yes I really wanted Platinum but missed out last time but as I have cool to neutral undertones and I'm fairly pale I'd prefer the original cool/neutral shade rather than a warmer/redder undertone one as I feel I have colours similar and it makes Platinum less unique if you know what I mean , has anyone got both , could they perhaps do a photo with swatches of both beside each other ? TIA

I had the same problem with both Platinum (which I returned) and with Nude Dip and I have the exact same kind of coloring. My fave TF remains Lavender Lust for that reason. The new Surratt duo cream/powder shadow has a great taupe lavender which I am loving. Christine did not like formula, but i have no issue with it.

Icecaramellatte

I had the same problem with both Platinum (which I returned) and with Nude Dip and I have the exact same kind of coloring. My fave TF remains Lavender Lust for that reason. The new Surratt duo cream/powder shadow has a great taupe lavender which I am loving. Christine did not like formula, but i have no issue with it.

Taupe Lavender?? Sounds pretty.

TraceyMc

Ooh that taupe lavender sounds lovely , what is the shade name ? The Surratt eye duos are not available in the UK yet as far as I know , anyone got an idea when they are releasing them ? :)

MakeupAli

Thanks for the swatches. The colors are pretty but not very unique. Some of them don't appear to be very pigmented. Did you find that to be the case? The lighter shades, especially in Lilac Dreams, barely show.

My post isn't showing up, I guess.
I've been wearing olive, olive and khaki, Moss green suits since last week waiting for it and now Last Dance is finally here

View attachment 52326

Last Dance is so soft, smooth and pigmented! The powder didn't even look disturbed when I was finished using it.
Just did a "fast ting" with a disposable sponge tip applicator so it's not a good look

View attachment 52334

View attachment 52336

View attachment 52339

Taupe Lavender?? Sounds pretty.

Here's a link to a blogger who swatted them all. The one I have is called Style. Love it.

maeonsaturday

Anyone bought and has swatches for Burnished Copper? I seldom use my CT Veruschka and Armani Green Iron but it looks really pretty on her review!

laurennnxox

NM just shipped my Sphinx that was on BO! I'm soooo excited! It should be here on Tuesday. I can't wait to pair it with my NARS single in outer limits. Should be so prettttyy!

beauteblogueur

Anyone bought and has swatches for Burnished Copper? I seldom use my CT Veruschka and Armani Green Iron but it looks really pretty on her review!

I have all of those so I thought I'd compare them!

image.jpg
image.jpg

L-R: Burnished Copper, Veruschka, Green Iron.

BC has more golden olive to it, while Veruschka is a bit more silvery and Green Iron is a touch lighter/brighter, but they aren't that different on the eye. All similarly pigmented, similar levels of shimmer etc. Honestly you probably don't need BC, but it is really pretty!

maeonsaturday

View attachment 52369
View attachment 52370

BC has more golden olive to it, while Veruschka is a bit more silvery and Green Iron is a touch lighter/brighter, but they aren't that different on the eye. All similarly pigmented, similar levels of shimmer etc. Honestly you probably don't need BC, but it is really pretty!

Thanks! This was helpful! :)

GreenEyedAllie

View attachment 52369
View attachment 52370

Thanks for the comparisons! I think I'm going to get it. Do you have the Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow pencil in Golddigger?

Icecaramellatte

View attachment 52369
View attachment 52370

Great pics and comparison. I don't have any of these.

ReganW

I have never tried any of the cream colours before but I am really loving the look of Sphinx, Platinum and Spice so have been thinking of trying them out. The problem is, it seems that almost every review I've seen talking about the new formulation says how terrible it is. I've heard that the new formula is watery, less pigmented and more slippery than the old formula. Do any of you have the original Platinum or Spice that you could compare to any of the newer shades? I know the pots are smaller, but that doesn't worry me too much. I am just very wary of spending £29 on something that might disappoint me. Unfortunately we can't return makeup here in the UK so I need as much advice as possible. Thanks so much in advance!

ashievic

The colors are the same, and the formula has not changed. Use the TF concealer brush to apply, less is more, build up slowly, use your finger to blend it out. I took my original Spice and Platinum to the store and compared them. Exactly the same. As for less product, really??? How many have hit the glass with these? A dot literally does the entire eye. Do store upside down with the lid on tight, and not in direct sunlight or a bathroom.

Latest posts