Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Winthrop44

Weird. My cocoa mirage looks totally different.

Cocoa Mirage is softer and not as deep tones on my skin but I don't swatch that heavily which makes mine look different right off the bat. You can tell how similar CM and MM are to each other in the swatches though.

I'm wondering if any of the new ones is supposed to be analagous to Iris Bronze?

Last edited:

elegant-one

Cocoa Mirage is softer and not as deep tones on my skin but I don't swatch that heavily which makes mine look different right off the bat. You can tell how similar CM and MM are to each other in the swatches though.

I'm wondering if any of the new ones is supposed to be analagous to Iris Bronze?
Iris Bronze is my all time favorite!

I ordered Sous Le Sable

Winthrop44

In some lighting, it does look similar. It arrives Tuesday.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the ones you ordered. I was just reading where someone called the upper right shade in Noir Fume olive so I'm looking forward to hearing more about that one too. I don't want olive undertones in that shade! Why didn't TF ask me? :LOL:

elegant-one

Can't wait to hear what you think of the ones you ordered. I was just reading where someone called the upper right shade in Noir Fume olive so I'm looking forward to hearing more about that one too. I don't want olive undertones in that shade! Why didn't TF ask me? :LOL:
LOL!!! I cannot do olive at all. I can't even do some tones of taupe either. I saw one person say that the upper left shade in SLS was a gray shade???hmmm
I hope I love them, not just like for that kinda $$

elegant-one

Is it just me :rofl:or ? I've been reading random comments about the shades being fall or winter. I never ever think of es or any colors in those terms, ever. For me, they are flattering or not, natural, smokey, harsh LOL

Winthrop44

Is it just me :rofl:or ? I've been reading random comments about the shades being fall or winter. I never ever think of es or any colors in those terms, ever. For me, they are flattering or not, natural, smokey, harsh LOL

I guess the multi-quote thing doesn't work, or maybe I just don't know how to make it work, because I tried to quote both of your last 2 posts here. Anyway.....I can't do olive taupes or even purple taupes anymore, which I used to love. Maybe I just need to find a better undereye concealer! Tremblelikeaflower told me that shade in Noir Fume is more of a light bronze and the other satin shade is a coppery bronze. I don't think of es colors as seasonal either. I do think of some lipstick shades as fall/winter, but not es.

elegant-one

I guess the multi-quote thing doesn't work, or maybe I just don't know how to make it work, because I tried to quote both of your last 2 posts here. Anyway.....I can't do olive taupes or even purple taupes anymore, which I used to love. Maybe I just need to find a better undereye concealer! Tremblelikeaflower told me that shade in Noir Fume is more of a light bronze and the other satin shade is a coppery bronze. I don't think of es colors as seasonal either. I do think of some lipstick shades as fall/winter, but not es.
Funny, I haven't tried the multi quote since the change. Yes, I thought it was more of a light bronze. Bronze shades can be tricky to photograph because they can reflect different lighting. So did you order it yet lol
My SLS just shipped which was quite fast from NM. 10% ebates too. It says arriving Thursday, but I bet it comes Wed.

Winthrop44

Funny, I haven't tried the multi quote since the change. Yes, I thought it was more of a light bronze. Bronze shades can be tricky to photograph because they can reflect different lighting. So did you order it yet lol
My SLS just shipped which was quite fast from NM. 10% ebates too. It says arriving Thursday, but I bet it comes Wed.

No. I have a $50 GC from Bloomingdales so I'll probably wait for swatches and until they get them.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I guess the multi-quote thing doesn't work, or maybe I just don't know how to make it work, because I tried to quote both of your last 2 posts here.
Funny, I haven't tried the multi quote since the change.

Click the "+ Quote" buttons near the bottom right of the posts you want to quote. In the reply box a button should come up saying "Attach Quotes". A pop-up should come up where you can move quotes around if you want to. Confirm when everything looks okay, and all the quoted posts should appear in the reply box.

Winthrop44

Mel Thompson has a review and demo of all five quads on her You Tube channel.

Thanks! It’ll be interesting to see what Michele Wang has to say about the others since she only reviewed (positively) Mink Mirage so far, which was one of the two Mel kind of liked.

Latest posts