Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

MaryJane

thank you! based on her review i only left noir fume and mirage on my wishlist

After watching her review, these are a skip for me. Noir Fume and Mirage are the prettiest of then bunch but I already have Cocoa Mirage and the cool tones in Fume aren't ones I gravitate towards. Besides that...I have gotten so many new shadows recently, I need to start using what I have.

I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to get.

Monsy

I will only get if i have a gift card. I have coco mirage and have not used it not even once (oops)

elegant-one

Just got my De La Creme! :cloud9: :love: I LOVE LOVE it! The shades are everything I thought they would be and very flattering on. The top right is gorgeous by itself across the lid. It's this beautiful slight peach, tad gold, natural shade. Just a bit of shimmer. I layered the darker brown, which is a rich medium/dark brown, over the peachy shade up to the crease and it's so pretty.

The top left lighter shade is this very pretty slight gold shimmer in a cream shade. It's lovely. The left bottom is a slight warm neutral slight ochre brown. It's nice by itself and in the crease. Love the smooth texture and how easily they apply.

Winthrop44

:cloud9: :rofl:Tomorrow! It's usually an early delivery. I was surprised that Michelle really raved about it, especially that one top right shade that I love. It really did brighten up her eyes. Watch me end up with all of them.

I’m thinking you’ll be able to resist Arabesque. :unsure:

elegant-one

Just tried on Sous Le Sable. The shades are very very pretty. It's an everyday wearable palette. The shades are so much prettier in person. They are brown based mauves, which in mho are the best and more flattering, wearable mauves. Think Burberry shades...that is this palette.

The top right is a light natural mauve based peachy shade. The bottom right is my favorite. It's the prettiest medium brown mauve. The bottom left shade is so beautiful in the crease! I like using these shades in the crease with no other makeup.
I haven't tried the lightest upper left shade. So far, both palettes are big wins for me.

Last edited:

Winthrop44

Just tried on Sous Le Sable. The shades are very very pretty. It's an everyday wearable palette. The shades are so much prettier in person. They are brown based mauves, which in mho are the best and more flattering, wearable mauves. Think Burberry shades...that is this palette.

The top left is a light natural mauve based peachy shade. The bottom right is my favorite. It's the prettiest medium brown mauve. The bottom left shade is so beautiful in the crease! I like using these shades in the crease with no other makeup.
I haven't tried the lightest upper left shade. So far, both palettes are big wins for me.

Great! So glad you love it!! MAC Haux used to be my favorite shade and at the MAC store when they did my makeup that's exactly what they used. Great for my eye color. But now those shades tend to emphasize my dark circles and make me look tired, so I'm not sure whether or not this one would do me any favors. I guess I'd need to try it in person. I'd love to find colors along those lines that still do work for me.

elegant-one

Great! So glad you love it!! MAC Haux used to be my favorite shade and at the MAC store when they did my makeup that's exactly what they used. Great for my eye color. But now those shades tend to emphasize my dark circles and make me look tired, so I'm not sure whether or not this one would do me any favors. I guess I'd need to try it in person. I'd love to find colors along those lines that still do work for me.
Haux is a great shade. My DIL loves that one. I think these shades are softer and different. Very Burberry. I'll see if I can find Haux. I tried to take pics but it was so cloudy they didn't look accurate. I may try again. I prefer DLC over SLS, but still love both.
Now, I'll have to look at my under eye to see if it changes. I never really noticed.

Icecaramellatte

The SA at the boutique told me a new foundation and brush was in last week with 30 shades but I didn't get around to checking it out at the boutique like I planned. Well it is up on Nordies. o_O It is pricey. Hmm. I only have the powder foundation. I haven't really found a good match in the liquid foundation but I don't think they were that much, were they?

Winthrop44

The SA at the boutique told me a new foundation and brush was in last week with 30 shades but I didn't get around to checking it out at the boutique like I planned. Well it is up on Nordies. o_O It is pricey. Hmm. I only have the powder foundation. I haven't really found a good match in the liquid foundation but I don't think they were that much, were they?

No. Traceless is $88. The new one is $150. Ridiculous. It's because he's into (also ridiculously priced) skincare now and included some supposed skincare in it.

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the info. Oh and I checked out the new brush on the TF website. Yowsa! It is 150 too! Now I've become a brush lover lately and have upped my game but I just don't understand this one. I thought they are now all synthetics. So what is the deal? I think I really do need to go see these products in person. I am highly curious.

Latest posts