Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

shellygrrl

Staff member
Thanks for the info. Oh and I checked out the new brush on the TF website. Yowsa! It is 150 too! Now I've become a brush lover lately and have upped my game but I just don't understand this one. I thought they are now all synthetics. So what is the deal? I think I really do need to go see these products in person. I am highly curious.

You're pretty much paying for the Tom Ford name in regards to the brushes these days which, yeah, are all synthetic now. Supposedly, the old brushes were made by Hakuhodo, but I'm not sure about these ones.

Alysse011

The palettes look very pretty but I think I’m passing on them for now. I’ve been using Surratt for powder shadows and the Tom Ford or rituel de fille for cream shadows for the past year or so. I haven’t really had an urge to get anything else.

I’m also passing on the foundation. I never really like Tom Ford foundations, and $150 is steep.

Icecaramellatte

I have a sample of it and have been enjoying it. I think I may splurge. The sample container is quite generous. I have used it everyday for a week. Still more in the container too.

Monsy

I think I want the liquid highlighter - champagne, rose gold
I also still want the foundation I simply fell in love with it (but really trying not to spend or buy anything)

elegant-one

I think I want the liquid highlighter - champagne, rose gold
I also still want the foundation I simply fell in love with it (but really trying not to spend or buy anything)
Ugh, I've tried not buying but it's not working. I haven't seen the liquid highlighters. I am thinking about the new Chanel ones.

I have a new line obsession - Sisley- Paris!!! I bought 4 skincare products that I am totally loving. Today I got the milk cleanser and it's glorious.
You must have missed a post of mine to you in the Nars thread.

fur4elise

I did see it. Nothing catches my eye - seems like the same colors that he's been offering for the last few summers. On top of that - I'm not paying that much $$$ for a lip balm. What do you think of the collection?
:yes: A few years back I was having serious lust and FOMO for TF. I remember how thrilled I was to get the Golden Peach and Paradiso eyeshadow duos. Then I bought and promptly returned a Boys lipstick. It was so frickin tiny! I realized not too long after that the price point and the quality don't match up for me. What I was really attracted to was the chi chi packaging. I find more often than not the shades of various products are not a good match for me either. And that's ok. I've moved on to other brands that work for me.

p.s. I am going to pull those duos out today and use them ;)

MaryJane

:yes: A few years back I was having serious lust and FOMO for TF. I remember how thrilled I was to get the Golden Peach and Paradiso eyeshadow duos. Then I bought and promptly returned a Boys lipstick. It was so frickin tiny! I realized not too long after that the price point and the quality don't match up for me. What I was really attracted to was the chi chi packaging. I find more often than not the shades of various products are not a good match for me either. And that's ok. I've moved on to other brands that work for me.

p.s. I am going to pull those duos out today and use them ;)

Completely agree with you. The last collection I was really excited about was summer 2017. The cream blush and highlighter duos were amazing. They're still good so I'll start using them again.

I too bought a few of the Boys and Girls lipsticks. Considering the size, they are not worth it but the colors looked so good on me when i tried them on, I couldn't resist. They haven't turned yet so I'll keep wearing them but I won't buy more.

Monsy

Ugh, I've tried not buying but it's not working. I haven't seen the liquid highlighters. I am thinking about the new Chanel ones.

I have a new line obsession - Sisley- Paris!!! I bought 4 skincare products that I am totally loving. Today I got the milk cleanser and it's glorious.
You must have missed a post of mine to you in the Nars thread.

sisley is having 20% off right now not sure if you saw that

shadowaddict

I’ve been off here a while. My brother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer last April. He was perfectly healthy at 64 prior so it was a total shock. I have have been flying back & fourth to KC for a couple of months at a time to be with my sister & help out. They’ve lived pretty far from family since 1976 when he was offered a really good engineering job. They never had kids & were everything to each other. He past away in January.

I returned home in March & trying to get back to normal while talking to my sister each day. I apologize for my downer story.

Ok, I think I may have something. I’m trying to catch up . But did I read that couple of y’all tried the new foundation? Also wondering if it’s worth the price & if it comes in pale shades.

Latest posts