Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

boschicka

I’ve been off here a while. My brother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer last April. He was perfectly healthy at 64 prior so it was a total shock. I have have been flying back & fourth to KC for a couple of months at a time to be with my sister & help out. They’ve lived pretty far from family since 1976 when he was offered a really good engineering job. They never had kids & were everything to each other. He past away in January.

I returned home in March & trying to get back to normal while talking to my sister each day. I apologize for my downer story.

Ok, I think I may have something. I’m trying to catch up . But did I read that couple of y’all tried the new foundation? Also wondering if it’s worth the price & if it comes in pale shades.
That's beyond awful. I'm sorry for all you've been through. Will your sister move closer to family now?

Shars

I’ve been off here a while. My brother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer last April. He was perfectly healthy at 64 prior so it was a total shock. I have have been flying back & fourth to KC for a couple of months at a time to be with my sister & help out. They’ve lived pretty far from family since 1976 when he was offered a really good engineering job. They never had kids & were everything to each other. He past away in January.

I returned home in March & trying to get back to normal while talking to my sister each day. I apologize for my downer story.

Ok, I think I may have something. I’m trying to catch up . But did I read that couple of y’all tried the new foundation? Also wondering if it’s worth the price & if it comes in pale shades.
So sorry to hear of your family's loss but glad you were able and continue to be there for your sister. Good to see you back on here.

Winthrop44

I haven’t been on here much either but just saw your post and wanted to say I’m so sorry about your brother in law. I’m sure you’ve been a great help and comfort to your sister.

As far as TF I’ve not tried the foundation but just saw some reviews of the new shade & illuminate palettes and think Moonlit Violet looks really pretty.

shadowaddict

Thank you guys so much for your condolence. Specktra has always been great about supporting each other. My sister is adjusting pretty well to her “new normal” life. With the virus thing she’s unable to go out to lunch with friends & such. I call almost daily & other family & friends have been great about staying in contact with her. Many people & a lot of reading material suggest not making any big decisions for a year. I think that is good advice. She’s been doing grief counseling over the phone that the Hospice House offers & finding it helpful.

I’ll check out the Moonlit Violet on the video, sounds pretty.

Icecaramellatte

Ugh, I've tried not buying but it's not working. I haven't seen the liquid highlighters. I am thinking about the new Chanel ones.

I have a new line obsession - Sisley- Paris!!! I bought 4 skincare products that I am totally loving. Today I got the milk cleanser and it's glorious.
You must have missed a post of mine to you in the Nars thread.
Sisley is very very good. I found the line when I was much much younger. Ended up scrimping and saving to get two masks and loved them so much! Lost my job and eventually had to give up the line. Not that I could afford anything else at the time anyway. I haven't really tried anything from them in the last few years except the dark spot corrector. I have been wanting to try something else. One SA recommended the buffing cream or something like that but I never got around to picking it up.

Icecaramellatte

Shadowaddict, I'm so sorry for you loss. It is good that you were able to be with your family. Don't worry about being downer. We are a community here.

Foundation - I liked it enough to buy a bottle. In fact, I love it. Is it worth the money? Hmm is anything from Tom Ford?? I guess to me since I paid it. But I do want those face compacts. I'm waiting for them to come back in stock. I didn't get them from the website since I was hoping other retailers would get them but so far they have not.

elegant-one

Got the palette. The shades were quite pretty on, but the texture wasn't that great. They were definitely on the dry side. The gold shade was so pretty on. It's more of a beautiful golden peach shade. The palette just didn't do it for me.

fur4elise

With mask mandates in my world...lip balm has become my go to. And of course I have champagne taste on a box o'wine budget ;) Tom Ford Soleil Neige Balm ~ Holiday 20

TF_SoleilNeige_Balm_20.JPG

I'm still lusting after last year's Lip Blush (with the gold flecks)! It is on my lust list for the fall
Sephora sale (if there is one).

TF_LipBlush.JPG

MaryJane

I picked up the First Frost and Extreme eyeshadow quads during the last Sephora sale and they are on the way back to Sephora today. The colors are pretty and the quality is there but because these are so high shine once applied to the eyes I see much more shimmer than actual pigment. His wet/dry shimmer is hit or miss for me. I had the same issue with Nude Dip, all the colors blended into one. For the price of these palettes I don’t want to have to go outside the quad to make it work.

The Natasha Denona glam palette satisfies my need to cool/neutral colors and is a much better value.

MaryJane

For those of you who like the wet/dry shadow formula but find it too shimmery or that all the colors blend into one (I’m looking at you Nude Dip), I highly recommend the new Charlotte Tiobury flawless filter quad. The formula reminds me of TF but with a more refined, sophisticated shimmer. The Star Aura quad is my fave.

Monsy

For those of you who like the wet/dry shadow formula but find it too shimmery or that all the colors blend into one (I’m looking at you Nude Dip), I highly recommend the new Charlotte Tiobury flawless filter quad. The formula reminds me of TF but with a more refined, sophisticated shimmer. The Star Aura quad is my fave.
i had that issue with Nude dip but also with every single CT quad I've tried

MaryJane

i had that issue with Nude dip but also with every single CT quad I've tried

I've got quite a few of her quads with matte and/or satin shades and I can definitely see the difference in colors. Even with her all shimmer quads they don't blend into one like TF does - at least not for me.

Latest posts