Tom Ford Fall 2015

MrsBaine

Picked up the powder foundation and peach primer at Saks today; swatched the highlighter a billion times but I just didn't LOVE it for $77-80; it was very pretty though and will probably be a huge hit for lighter skintones. It definitely wasn't reminiscent of the highlighter in the blush duo's IMO.
Do you think it's too light for medium to dark skintones? I still haven't received it, but now I'm worried.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Do you think it's too light for medium to dark skintones? I still haven't received it, but now I'm worried. 
No, I think it'll be beautiful on you! It's just that the darker highlight shade was lighter on me than anticipated, but it was still really lovely. MUCH better than the highlighters from the blush duo's. I think you'll be pleased! I like that they aren't too reflective. Just talking about it, I MAY consider getting it actually lol. I'm just on highlight overload lately and since it wasn't what I expected, I wasn't sure I wanted to splurge on it.

MrsBaine

Just talking about it, I MAY consider getting it actually lol. I'm just on highlight overload lately and since it wasn't what I expected, I wasn't sure I wanted to splurge on it.
Ahh! I get it! The amount of highlighters I've gotten recently is simply ridiculous. But, I can't miss out on this. I may not even use it for a while and let it be "new" for a while.

Icecaramellatte

Picked up the powder foundation and peach primer at Saks today; swatched the highlighter a billion times but I just didn't LOVE it for $77-80; it was very pretty though and will probably be a huge hit for lighter skintones. It definitely wasn't reminiscent of the highlighter in the blush duo's IMO.
Thanks for posting! Good to know the highlighters are not the same. I think I will run down there this week. How do you like the foundation and primer? Were you already using TF foundations? Is the shade range similar?

NYCBeautyJunkie

Thanks for posting!  Good to know the highlighters are not the same. I think I will run down there this week.  How do you like the foundation and primer?  Were you already using TF foundations?  Is the shade range similar?
Shade range is pretty similar from what I saw (only tested Warm Almond and Chestnut though). I was hesitant about the primer, but when the SA applied it with the powder, it made a big difference. There is a luminous finish/quality to the primer that was quite flattering.

Medgal07

Thanks for posting! Good to know the highlighters are not the same. I think I will run down there this week. How do you like the foundation and primer? Were you already using TF foundations? Is the shade range similar?
Looking forward to hearing about your findings!!!

Medgal07

lmao.gif
It's so true Vee. Aren't you feeling just a wee bit overwhelmed??? It's exciting but I really need a minute to come up for air.

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF]   It's so true Vee.  Aren't you feeling just a wee bit overwhelmed???  It's exciting but I really need a minute to come up for air.[/COLOR]
Oh yes I do!! I am thinking about this "coming up for air " halt since the last holidays :haha: never happens though :sigh:

MrsBaine

[COLOR=0000FF] Thanks so much for the clarification!!!![/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF]Oh Lord---me too MB!  The Charlotte Tilbury NP Dreamy Glow highlighter arrived today and I couldn't even get excited about it.  This is not a good sign!!!:shrugs: [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]I need a breather!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Looking forward to hearing about your findings!!![/COLOR]
That CT highlighter is simply a collectors item. ️ As a collector you'd be remiss to not have it! ... This is what I told myself; does it work for you? Lol.

Haven

Does anyone know if the new primers have the same scent as the regular TF primer? I really dislike the scent of the regular primer.

Medgal07

That CT highlighter is simply a collectors item. ️ As a collector you'd be remiss to not have it! ... This is what I told myself; does it work for you? Lol.
girlhaha.gif
It's really pretty and I'll get around to using it but it will have to pick a number----several in line ahead of it at

this point!

Mrs B I love your Avi---you have the prettiest smile ever!!

Shars

girlhaha.gif
It's really pretty and I'll get around to using it but it will have to pick a number----several in line ahead of it at

this point!

Mrs B I love your Avi---you have the prettiest smile ever!!
We may need to do a highlighter challenge so you can put those girls to use lol.

Latest posts