Tom Ford Fall 2015

Shars

Chestnut. Wore it today and it's actually too dark for me
ssad.gif
Wow! Is there a shade over than would match or is it like one of those ridiculous shade ranges? I was shocked when you said it even ran dark enough for us.

Medgal07

Which shade did you end up getting in the foundation?

We may need to do a highlighter challenge so you can put those girls to use lol.
girlhaha.gif
I did a personal challenge for a month and didn't even use all of them. I need to focus on using different ones because I have a habit of reaching for the same
ones all the time.
ohboy.gif

GreenEyedAllie

[@]Medgal07[/@] So got my A/W 15...not sure what I think yet...it does seem to pull orangey on me though....we'll see. :) Inside:
609f95f2_IMAG2097_1.jpeg
Inside by window:
c435ab2c_IMAG2095_1.jpeg

GreenEyedAllie

[COLOR=0000FF]   That's really interesting how our undertones play such a huge part in how products look and respond.  It really does look pretty against your skin.  I hope to try a full[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   eye look with it soon.  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]I hope you come to really like it!!![/COLOR]
I agree about undertones. I typically like burnt oranges for my clothes, so I think this will end up a win....just need to play around. I might see if different bases change it up. I'm also interested to see it performs on cheeks and lips.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Wow! Is there a shade over than would match or is it like one of those ridiculous shade ranges? I was shocked when you said it even ran dark enough for us.
It wasn't crazy dark, it matches my summer tan pretty well once it oxidizes. I'd recommend you give it a look see before taking my opinion for anything-- I typically prefer to match the center of my face because I routinely bronze and contour which adds enough color to my complexion once it all sets. Also, it ensures that it'll match my winter complexion, so I can make use of it year round.

hitchcockblonde

[COLOR=0000FF] When I have a multipurpose product, I usually wind up liking it for a single use. I suspect I'd do the ska thing with this. I LOVE it on your eyes!!![/COLOR] Thank you so much!
bouquet.gif
I think I'll mostly use this on my eyes and occasionally lips. I have blush colors that are similar so I probably won't use it on my cheeks much.
Quote: Originally Posted by NYCBeautyJunkie

Moodlight swatches on NC50:

You got me. Just purchased. It's been an expensive night
blink.gif

boschicka

Please don't freak if this has already been mentioned (I don't have it in me right now to catch up on more posts!): Why is the highlighting duo $77 at NM but $80 at Saks? Is this a normal practice that I've just never noticed before?

hitchcockblonde

Please don't freak if this has already been mentioned (I don't have it in me right now to catch up on more posts!): Why is the highlighting duo $77 at NM but $80 at Saks? Is this a normal practice that I've just never noticed before?
I'm not sure but I remember there was a price difference between sites with the shimmering body oil from the summer collection as well.

beauteblogueur

$77 is the price it would have been before TF did their recent price hike (based on last years duo blushes), so I'm thinking NM just didn't get the memo?

I've noticed a few limited edition items from TF and Chanel being priced differently at different retailers. There was a Chanel highlighter last year that was $10 less than everywhere else at one retailer, and the price of the summer TF body oil varied a bit. I think it's just a case of error/miscommunication. Maybe some stores work off the first info they're given and price changes that happen later slip through the cracks?

Shars

I've noticed that SAKS sometimes has a slightly higher price than other retailers at random. May be an error on their part?

GreenEyedAllie

So just an FYI for ladies with my skin tone (Mac N1/pretty darn fair and neutral...maybe SLIGHTLY pink)...my swatches of A/W 2015 definitely look pretty brown/orange, but when I applied around my eye area, it looks pretty pinkish/burgundy. Honestly, it resembles the darkest color of the pink glow palette on me...in other words, very pretty and wearable. I'll try to post a pic with it on my eyes later. I just slapped it on, so it won't look that great artistically.

Medgal07

Oh Geez------I can't recall how much I paid for the pre-order. I'll have to check now.
sigh.gif

boschicka

I've noticed that SAKS sometimes has a slightly higher price than other retailers at random. May be an error on their part?
Interesting. I always just assumed with these types of products, brands, and retailers that the price was predetermined and always the same. I'm not complaining though if Saks is a little higher b/c they send 10-20% off coupons frequently so we get decent discounts on brands that you usually can't. I just got 3 separate codes for $50 off a $200 beauty purchase. 25%! I may have used all three!
sigh.gif

Latest posts