Top Drugstore Buys/ Bargain Basement Beauties?

1. Revlon Colorstay Active - love this foundation! perfect for summer!
2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer - my HG TM
3. Revlon Lippies - I particularly love Cherries in the Glow l/g from the Superlustrous line
4. Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation - love the texture!
5. L'oreal Glam Shine Juice - perfect texture! perfect pout!
6. Maybelline Sky High Curves - my HG mascara
7. ELF Lipglosses - the ones in tubes. I love them! Can't beat the price and quality!
8. ELF blushes - simply beautiful! Wish they came in bigger pans though
9. Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush - I just love applying them on my cheeks!
10. Nivea Repair & Protect lip balm - I find this very effective on chapped lips

SpiderSmith

Maybelline Full N' Soft Mascara - $5 to $7
Wet N' Wild liquid liner - $3
Imari shadow in Shock (purple) - $3
Loreal HIP shadow in Flamboyant (yellow) - $5
Jane shadow in Clubbing (black) - $3
Rimmel shadow in Mars (rust) - $4

xiahe

* WnW cream eyeshadows - i replaced MAC paints with these and they're only $2-$3!
* Maybelline lash discovery mascara - i love the mini brush!
* Maybelline define-a-lash mascara - it's similar to CG's lash exact mascara, but IMO it's better.
* Milani eyeshadows - they're like $3/ea. and they're wonderful - comparable to MAC and there are a lot of MAC look-a-likes as well, like Milani storm is comparable to MAC's black tied e/s.
* NYC pressed powder ($2)
* NYC black eyeliner ($0.99)
* Prestige eyeshadows - again, cheap and very good quality! nice and pigmented =]
* this stuff by Rimmel, i forgot what it's called but they're very similar to Maybelline's Roller Color loose e/s...anyway i got a purple one called "Twinkle" and i took off the top and poured the shadow into an empty screw top jar and use it like a pigment...you can wear it sheer and shimmery or layer it on for the perfect amount of color. i only paid like $4 for it @ walmart =]

xheylushx

Maybelline Dream Mousse shadow in vanilla veil- It stays and I love the texture, it's excellent for layering eyeshadow over
Maybelline eyeshadow in antique jade- I love this eyeshadow, the color is amazing and it doesn't fade
Max Factor Lash Perfection- It's my favorite mascara, it legthens and doesn't clump
elf eyeshadow in drama- I really just use the black, it goes on dark, and isn't too messy
elf eyeliners- cheap, goes on smooth, long lasting, you can't ask for much more.
Neutrogena moistureshine lip soother- great texture not too sticky, and it has this neat cooling sensation, and it stays on forever.

miss_pink

tough call to only pick 10...*looks around dressing table covered in products...cant even see the table anymore...* LOL! i shall try =)
1.Loreal Volume Shocking mascara - the grey is sooo much less obvious than mainstream white lenghtening formulas, but i dont like the comb so much. i use the comb to apply, and use a clean mascara wand (can buy packs from chemists) to separate the lashes - much betta result IMO
2.Revlon Skinlights lotion - have natural, pink, bare colour. Fantastic mixed with moisturiser or foundation. Not too disco-ball, not too fluoro result. Healthy glow inducing. Loooove it sooo much!
3.Napoleon individual lashes - need i say more?! who ever invented individual lashes deserves the Nobel!!! Hahaha
4.PUPA (baked???) eyeshadows - colour infused with a bit of bling sparkle, good for blending in the crease. to brighten eye area. A little pricey i know ($25AUD), but the intensity is a bit nicer than Bourjois shimmery shadow i think. I got a candy pink with gold sparkle. Pretty!
5.Loreal Liner Intensifique (spellcheck hehe) in Mineral - not just ur average black liquid liner, has a bit of sparkle in it too so the look isnt too severe like some liquid liner jobs can turn out
winks.gif

6.BYS Blush n Bronze Mosaic Palette - meant to be like the Guerlain Meteorites i spose, but wayyy much cheaper. $6AUD.
7.Loreal Glam Shine L/G - Pink Moon is one of my fave glosses ever, closely followed by Revlons GlossyLicious in Lychee, and equal second with MB ShinyLicious in Strawberry Tart i think??? (reminds me of Jam Donuts!!)
8.MB Lash Discovery - one of the best brushes!
9.Bonne Bell Pink Lemonade lip balm on a stick - seriously THE best flavour ever ever ever made by them...until they D/C it only to replace with a super runny n sticky liquid tube one...eww!
10.Best-buy-ever goes to this bizarre random brand (Girl Secrets) wh i think was actually targeting the 7yo and under market, *blussssh* but made the cheapest eyeshadows i have evr bought in my life, i got a whole palette of 12 colours for $3AUD...think it was less than that...was uber surpised to see the colours were intense, had decent staying power, and didnt look cheap at all - always had comments from ppl thinking it was high end stuff! My best impulse buy ever!

HTH! Sorry its a bit long-winded, i get so excited talking about my favorite things! LOL =)

HayleyVengeance

covergirl freshlook foundation
jane shimmering bronzer
rimmel nail polish
bonnebell eyestyle shadow box e/s
bonnebell lip lites

stefania905

oooohhhh im taking down notes on all these
smiles.gif

lately ive been only buying MAC(explination of why im broke)

my faves are:
Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara
Revlon Colorstay foundation(when i cant get to MAC)

Pinklady77

• Milani Blush in Luminous
  • Milani Blush in Pink Craze
  • Milani e/s..ALL OF THEM! Faves: Storm, Shock, Atlantis, Moonlight, Illusion, Garden Mist
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara
  • CoverGirl Lash Exact Mascara
  • N.Y.C Browser Brush on Brow color & wax in Brunette
  • WnW cream e/s in Cafe au Lait
  • WnW Mega Eye trios
  • WnW Ultimate Expression Paradise Cove palette
  • Physicians Formula Baked Bronzer in Baked Tan
  • Sonia Kashuk Brushes
  • Essence of Beauty Brushes
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal eye pencil in Pure White
  • Rimmel Vinyl Lip in Eastend Snob

I could go on & on & on
cutey.gif

xiahe

i would like to add - milani glimmerstripes. they're like the bb shimmerbricks / MAC MSFs but 2360723679823826 times cheaper
clap.gif

whiteflorals

Rimmel's "Diva Red" lipstick and French manicure nailpolish, Bourjois Lovely Brille lipsticks , the new Eau de Gloss lipgloss and their little round pot eyeshadows.

tania_nia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I use Almay mascara. Because of how often you're supposed to pitch mascara, I can't see buying anything but drug store. I've tried high end and for me, the payoff was exactly the same.

I like Revlon liquid eyeliner. Again, to me, same payoff but cheaper.

I like Milani lipsticks. Very cheap, very beautiful colors.

I used to buy Jane nail polish, which was decent, and Revlon nail polish. I also like OPI, but I forget what they're considered. No matter what, professional or at home, expensive or cheap, I manage to always chip my nails. No point in spending a ton of money on nail polish.

I also used to buy Jane nailpolish myself especially this navy blue color with silver sparkles called up all night! I totally miss that stuff.

tania_nia

All of my makeup is either MAC or The Body Shop
Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers
Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
Lacross Tweezers

xiahe

the new covergirl wetslicks fruit spritzers are amazing! so far i only have one (guava splash, light sparkly pink) because CVS was practically sold out of them, but they are awesome and they smell WONDERFUL. they're my new HG glosses aside from the victoria's secret beauty rush glosses (which i guess is more of a high end brand but they're cheap...$7.00/ea. or 2/$10 or 3/$15).
clap.gif

twinkley

Here in Finland we have only the basic drugstore make up lines like Maybelline, L'oreal etc. and few our own finnish lines. Personally I think that L'oreal has the best mascaras and most of their foundations are useable and have quite good quality.

L'oreal has also a quite good anti-fague and illuminating concealer, Touche Magique. Although it is quite heavy, it covers well and lasts pretty long because of its pigment rich base.

Isadora has great lip glosses, they last long and stay well on your lips.

Maybelline has one very good product and it is Non-Stop Anti-cernes concealer.

.nicole.

*breaks out pad of paper*

honestly i got tripped into the whole phase of MAC but i'm realizing there are colors i'd like to use just not enough to spend the 14.50 or whatever on... but presitge i've found to be amazing with a little paint underneath...

also i'm in WA and i can't find NYX i'm so sad....

rabideloise

Oh man! So many...going into Walgreens or CVS for me is like walking into the gates of heaven...

• Cover Girl Lash Exact and Volume Exact mascaras
  • Milani eye shadows (especially when they're 50% off at CVS--I got two single shadows the other day for $1.59 each)
  • Maybelline WetShine lipstick (I think this was discontinued, but they have a lot of great shades and the color payoff is great!! My favorite is Movin' Mauve)
  • L'Oreal Blush Delice - I love this stuff and was recently reintroduced to it when I found a whole bunch of them at an Ulta store in Texas.
  • Maybelline shinylicious l/g--the older formulas were really sticky, but I bought one a few weeks ago and it's perfectly smooth.
  • Rimmel lipsticks
  • Jane loose powder--they make a translucent shade that's great for setting foundation
  • Cetaphil cleanser--this stuff is like a lotion that removes makeup and deep cleans. Walgreens makes a generic version that's a few bucks cheaper, too.
  • Boots no. 9 eye makeup remover (you can get this stuff at Target)
I have more...I do most of my shopping when I'm on my break from work.

rabideloise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinklady77

• Sonia Kashuk Brushes
  • Rimmel Vinyl Lip in Eastend Snob
I could go on & on & on
cutey.gif

I LOVE Rimmel's Eastend Snob...I'm on my second tube of it right now. It smells wonderful, looks great, and is CHEAP! I also like the quality of the Sonia Kashuk brushes.

PBunnieP

BonneBelle LipLites in "Cappucino" (milky beige colour)
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush "Siamese Pink + Peach"
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara
AnnaBelle Cream Eyeshadows in "Ocean"
Rimmel Vinyl Ligloss in "East End Snob"