Top Drugstore Buys/ Bargain Basement Beauties?

hunnybun

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai
- Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof liquid eyeliner. the most waterproof liquid I have EVER found! $3.50.

better then liquid last!?! i really want to try this, but is it gentle on your eyes? i have sensitive lids and find that a lot of drugstore brand eyeliners irritate them.

goodbyexxkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
i would like to add - milani glimmerstripes. they're like the bb shimmerbricks / MAC MSFs but 2360723679823826 times cheaper
clap.gif

I love those!

cyens

NYX eyeshadows ( the best ever, even better than mac most of the time! )
Wet & wild eyeshadow trios
Wet & wild Blush and Bronzer
CoverGirl Wetslicks Gloss. Smell amazing, wonderfull colors and texture and its NOT sticky!
Maybeline Mascara, specially Full & soft.
Annabelle Kohl's
Quo Brushes
NYX nail polish

powderpaint

1. Cover Girl Last Exact Mascara
2. Loreal Liquid Eyeliner
3. Loreal HIP Eyeshadows
4. Sonia Kashuk Face Brushes (I have an 8 yr old brush and it still works perfectly)

Kuuipo

Rimmel lipsticks-great natural shades,nice creamy texture.

Wet and Wild Creme Shadows-as a base,unbeatable.

Wet and Wild Powder Shadows-killer longwearing.

Sally Hanson lip plumper and Diamond Lip Treatment

Maybelline Diamond Shine Lip Gloss. Everyone always compliments.

When I was visiting the mainland, pretty much all of the Sonya Kashuk line.

ZA Fixyup Its only available in Asia and Hawaii. Its a spray on alcohol/talc refresher that takes the oilies away and mattifies.

ZA face blotting papers.

xiahe

lol well i'm just going to redo this all b/c i found better products than the ones i listed before:

* jane. Blushing Cheeks Earth Sheer Blush -> a nice pinkish-peach/coral shade with shimmer - this is a dupe of NARS Orgasm blush! and it's a hell of a lot cheaper, too!
* Maybelline Rock N Black (242) eyeshadow quad -> idk if this is LE or not but i picked this up the other day at the supermarket (lol) and i must say i'm quite impressed! each shadow has great color payoff and Maybelline shadows (IMO) tend to be a hit or miss. the colors in this quad are shimmery; a light silver (suggested for the lid); a baby pink (suggested for the crease); a shimmery white (highlight) and a shimmery black (suggested for the outer corner)
* Maybelline Pure. Makeup Foundation -> this stuff feels so lightweight - it's coverage is pretty sheer/light so it's almost like a tinted moisturizer but it does a great job at evening out my skin tone and masking redness. it doesn't feel greasy on my face either like most foundations do! and i really love the fact that it's made of 50% water - i haven't had any problems with breakouts!
* Cover Girl Shimmering Sands trio -> this is one palette that every girl should try AT LEAST ONCE. it's the perfect trio of neutrals and the shadows have great color payoff!
* Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Noir -> an automatic e/l pencil with a built in sharpener in the end. it's probably the best drugstore PENCIL e/l i've found in terms of staying power.
* Maybelline Full N Soft mascara -> just as the name implies, this makes my lashes full n soft! you can add more coats for extra drama. and this stuff doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy or brittle like most mascaras do.
* jane. Shimmering Blush in Roses -> my other favorite drugstore brand blush. it's a nice, shimmery (but not over the top!), cool-toned pink with LOTS of pigment so a little goes a long way. the blush has a compartment on the bottom that stores a little half moon brush (it's a little hard on the face IMO but it's good for touch ups i guess) and a mirror. the blush is good-sized, too - about twice the size of the jane. Blushing Cheeks blush!
* Rimmel Recover Concealer -> this is the best drugstore concealer i've found for dark undereye circles.
* Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Cream Eyeshadows -> like MAC paints but a hell of a lot cheaper!
* Milani Glimmerstripes -> these are like the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks / MAC MSFs but a lot cheaper and they come in pretty colors. you can swipe all colors to highlight areas of the face or individual colors to use on the eyes, etc.

smiles.gif

Maybelline Sky High Curves Mascara (waterproof): hands down, the best mascara ever. Lots of length, no clumps. A staple in my makeup bag.

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in #40 Soft Plum: sooo easy to apply and stays on throughout the entire day. The bronzer is good too: I use #10 Glistening Sun.

Maybelline Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. For when I want a solid line that essentially budges very little. Great for kitten eyes. The angled foam tip makes it pretty easy for even newbies to use.

Rimmel Eye Shine in #009 I-Catching: I'm sooo sad they've discontinued this. It's amazing just a pinky/gold gloss sheen for eyes, unlike the thick metallic gloss they have now.

Rimmel Clear Mascara Gel: keeps my brows together, holds like a dream.

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner in #006 Risque: Great Nude/Pink liner, perfect for pretty much any gloss or lipstick.

Rimmel Natural Bronzer in #022 Sun Bronze: Great for matte contouring. Very natural-looking.

L'Oreal Colour Juice Gloss: Just like Juicy Tubes, but without the price tag.

Tweezerman Lash Comb: Separates every single itty bitty lash perfectly, so no clumps! Just don't be intimidated by the metal teeth.

Lise Watier Brush Cleaner: just spray, and blot/wipe your brush clean with kleenex. Smells great too.

Marcelle Gentle Eyes Makeup Remover: great because its so gentle and non-irritant. Takes off my waterproof mascara easily and is a great price (under $15).

Garnier Naturals Fresh Cleansing Facial Wipes: I take these with me whenever I travel. They're great for just cleaning your face and takes off all traces of makeup, even mascara.

BeautyPsycho

Hmmm...
Milani black eye pencil
Prestige soft blend Kohl eyeliner in lagoon
Revlon brow fantasy
Covergirl volume exact mascara
Revlon fabulash mascara
Revlon skinlights
Posh brushes- all of them are awesome!
Bonebelle liplites in cappuccino
Maybelline dream mousse shadow in suede sensation
Revlon new complexion concealer

and so many more...
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabideloise
Oh man! So many...going into Walgreens or CVS for me is like walking into the gates of heaven...

Too true!

okay! these aren't really in any order but! :

1. Milani single eyeshadows, hands down the best thing evarrrrr!!!
  2. Jane shimmering blush: great highlighter!
  3. Maybelline's eyeshadows: I fell in love with Seashell, Antique Jade, and Turquoise Jewel
  4. Wet 'n Wild's lipstick Wild Shine line : awesome sheer lippies, love love love them!
  5. Revlon's super lustrous lipgloss
  6. Anything Burt's Bees: Hooray for natural things!
  7. Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara: messy at first, but when it sets on your lashes, it looks like a dream
  8. Wet 'n Wild's mega eyes trios: made of awesome, it's even got it's own mirror ^_^
  9. Prestige eyeshadows: they have a dupe for Nars's orgasm. I feel so special to have bought it!
    rofl.gif
  10. Loreal HIP eyeshadow: I have flamboyant and showy...I think. I love the parrot dupe, sooo gorgeous!
(ps: can you tell I'm a bit of an eyeshadow junkie?
clap.gif
)

Zoffe

I'll give you my top 5 =D

1: GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation primer! It works wonders!
2: GOSH Effect Powders - comparable to MAC Pigments. I love them!
3: Rimmel Colour Mousse e/s. It's actually more like a cream than a mousse. I just bought my first one today. The color is awesome and it seems to last pretty good!
4: GOSH velvet touch eyeliners. Go on super smooth and the color payoff + lasting power is great!
5: Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Dolly Pink. It's like the best pink blush ever made ;D

stelladivalle

1.) Bonne bell eye definer Black Ink=2$
2.)Covergirl eye enchancers in Mink- best shade ever!!=4$
3.) Loreal true match superblendable makeup- only makeup that has matched me perfectly, but i really want to find one with a better staying power...=$15
4.) Loreal color juice sticks- watermelon ice $12
5.) Covergirl loose powder- great finishing powedr $6
6)Lipsmackers "squeezy" watermelon flavour =$2.50
7)Maybelline intense XXL very black- $9.99
8.) Quo eyeshadows!!
9) maybelline shine seduction lipgloss- $9.99
10.)Maybelline dream matte mousse vanilla veil- $8
all prices are canadian

iheartangE

I don't know if I have 10 but I definitely have a lot!

L'Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara (makes my lashes look fake! Well not really but you know what I mean haha)

Maybelline Lash Stylist Mascara (for when I'm just throwing on some mascara and don't need the big drama lashes)

E.l.f. Foundation brush (I use it to put on creme blushes over my foundation)

Target angled eyeliner brushes (AMAZING for my Stila smudgepots!)

L'Oreal H.I.P. lipgloss tube in Pixie (Shiny sticky glory in a tube-a great neutral color that smells like cake batter and stays shiny forever! I can't wait to get more colors!)

Maybelline Coverstick Concealer (really thick and excellent coverage-I use really expensive foundation and powder but I see no reason to pay tons for concealer when this stuff does the trick and then some!)

L'Oreal Color Riche lipliner in Forever Rose (this is the perfect deep rose 40's style matte color-I use it to fill in my lips and don't need any color over it because it's so pretty!)

Revlon ColorStay liquid eyeliner (love this brush and this formula-my favorite liquid liner until I discovered the beauty of smudgepots
smiles.gif

...okay I think that's it for the stuff I use daily. Well, mostly daily anyway haha!

wordgirl

Equate (walmart house brand) face cleaning towelettes. They can get everything off - including waterproof makeup - and still leave my face feeling soft. This is pretty much how I clean my face these days, and I've tried some EXPENSIVE face cleansers.

CVS face sunscreen in a pot, SPF 45. Good UVA/UVB sunscreen in a base that actually makes a pretty good primer for powder foundation. Again, this is an every-day product.

Olay Definity Intense Hydrating Cream. More of a gel than a cream, but otherwise lives up to its name. Not cheap for a drugstore brand, but I usually get it on sale.

Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof liquid eyeliner. This stuff rocks.

Wet'n'Wild Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow palette in Sand Castle - one of the most wearable collections of browns I have. I actually have one on my vanity and one in my permanent makeup travelling collection.

L'Oreal Glam Shine in Diva and Drama Queen. I don't really care for lipgloss, and I hate L'Oreal's lip product flavors. So why do I like this? I don't know, but it's the only gloss I routinely wear. (To be fair, it doesn't really taste "L'Oreal.")

Got 2 Be In Your Face All Mixed Up Mash Mask - I know reviews are mixed on this, but it really feels like I'm pampering my skin when I use it. It might be a bit too oily for younger folk.

L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow (Loose) Pigment - I love these. I can do without the reddish ones, but I've got nearly every other color. I've already gone through one jar of the vanilla dupe, the name of which I can't remember.
tong.gif

L'Oreal HiP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner - Blasphemy, but I like it better than Fluidlines. The color selection is limited, though.

L'Oreal On the Loose eyeshadow - Discontinued, yes - but I have an enormous stash, courtesy of an early tendency to squirrel them away and a couple of fortuitous swaps. My favorites: Beauty Queen (NEVER found a dupe for this gorgeous gold-shimmered lilac) Hyperspace and Sandbar.

Daphne69

I can't believe no one mentioned Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Snow Plum - not so great as a blush unless you are very very VERY pale, but makes an awesome highlighter. I have been using it for years, and it's so cheap.

NYC lipsticks, especially Buff ( a warm pink with a golden sheen) and English Rose - range from .99 to 1.99

NYC waterproof eyeliner pencils, smooth formula, stay on great

Maybelline Diamonds Liquid Lip gloss - so sparkly!

Avon Glazewear lip gloss, tons of colors, smells like cake, regular price is $6 but always on sale for $1.99

Daphne69

I forgot to mention Lord & Berry lipliners, they are awesome for about $5 - I don't see them in the drugstores like CVS or Walgreens or Rite Aid, usually they can be found in privately owned drug stores or beauty supply type stores.

The have nice consistancy, go on smooth, great lasting power and good colors....I buy #3031 Romantic Rose, the "natural lip but rosier" look, and wear it alone, with gloss, or under lipstick. I think it is very comparable to the Body Shop's Clover Pink lip liner, which I have used for years, but for half the price. Comapred to major drugstore and department store brands, this stuff is the best. Also, it is a wood pencil, and a nice size. If and when I ever run out of eyeliners, I would like to try those from Lord & Berry as well.

Daphne69

Me again -
NYC Bronzer in "Sunny" - read all the raves on Makeupalley so decided to try, great color!
NYC Jumbo Lip color pencils
Alba Cocont Creme lip balm (cvs)
Essence of Beauty makeup brushes and tools (cvs)
WnW lipsticks
Milani eye pencils
Prestige kohl eye pencils/Prestige eyeshadows

mariecinder

Full N Soft Mascara - I always come back to it
Rimmel Vinyl Lipgloss - I'm on my second tube of Snog. Love it!
WnW H2O Proof - Does not budge at all!