Twilight Saga - books & movies

Boasorte

Splitting it up to two parts? wow
Does anyone remember the part in the movie when Bella was looking at the painting of the Volturi and the pics sorta moved? I had a Harry Potter flashback

Mabelle

me too. i just shook my head.

seriously though, how are they going to split book 4 into 2 movies? barely anything happens! As per usual, its just a whole lot of brooding.

Boasorte

^ LOL @ barely anything happens!

I llike Twilight, but I don't think it's um. IDK how to say it, like "deep" enough, like the storyline needs working with u know?
Girl meets vamp, girl falls in love, vamp leaves girl, girl meet wolf, etc.
Don't get me wrong, it makes for nice reading on a boring day.

xStarryEyedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I'm not really into Twilight, but a while ago a friend of mine convinced me to buy the first book and so I started reading it last night. I'm more than a little bothered by the fact that Jacob is being played by a white actor. I didn't realize that he was Native American until I started reading the book. And then I remembered a clip of the movie I'd seen on a talk show and that the other werewolves are played by Native American actors (or rather actors of color who could concievably be NA). Am I surprised? No, because that's Hollywood. But I am disheartened that considering how big the Twilight franchise has become, no one has seemed to take notice and no one has spoken out about it. I did a couple of Google searches to see if any articles would pop up and I didn't find anything but a facebook petition group. Shaking my head.

i don't remember where i read this, unfortionately.. but i read that every single one of them that played a werewolf was AT LEAST partially Native American.

romi79_2008

Does anyone now what song and band is playing in New moon in the part where they chase Victoria , right before Bella jumps off the cliff. That song stuck to my mind since I saw the movie and have no idea who thatis

Half N Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
Does anyone now what song and band is playing in New moon in the part where they chase Victoria , right before Bella jumps off the cliff. That song stuck to my mind since I saw the movie and have no idea who thatis

Is it Thom Yorke Hearing Damage?

romi79_2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half N Half
Is it Thom Yorke Hearing Damage?

Yes, thanks. me loves it
yes.gif

MarlaSinger

Eh. I'm NOT a fan of the movies. The acting is terribly painful in my opinion and I couldn't get through a half hour of the first film. Robert Pattison's face has scarred and ruined my perfect, 'in my head' vision of my own Edward.
ssad.gif

I do however enjoy the books. The first one is my favorite, but I've liked them less and less as she wrote each book. The last one I hated and I personally felt like Stephaine bombed big time on that one.

I wish she would continue writing Midnight Sun. I really wanted that to come out and was SO excited for Edwards POV and then some dumb*ss gave out the transcript and RUINED it for everyone.
nonono.gif

Hopefully she'll change her mind sometime in the future...

joygasm

Re: For all fellow Twilight fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki
I can't wat for Breaking Dawn either!! Did anyone read The Host? I thought it was really good too.

I enjoyed the host more than the whole twilight saga. More original and entertaining.
smiles.gif

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaSinger
Eh. I'm NOT a fan of the movies. The acting is terribly painful in my opinion and I couldn't get through a half hour of the first film. Robert Pattison's face has scarred and ruined my perfect, 'in my head' vision of my own Edward.
ssad.gif

I do however enjoy the books. The first one is my favorite, but I've liked them less and less as she wrote each book. The last one I hated and I personally felt like Stephaine bombed big time on that one.

I wish she would continue writing Midnight Sun. I really wanted that to come out and was SO excited for Edwards POV and then some dumb*ss gave out the transcript and RUINED it for everyone.
nonono.gif

Hopefully she'll change her mind sometime in the future...

I agree. I hated new moon. And eclipse wasn't that great but it beat new moon. Twilight was the best one, and breaking dawn was crappy. I lost interest personally.
I think keeping us on edge about changing her was probably the only thing that kept me reading it. And then came in the epic failure.

claralikesguts

Re: For all fellow Twilight fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joygasm
I enjoyed the host more than the whole twilight saga. More original and entertaining.
smiles.gif

me too! it was such an amazing book... and that's saying a lot, because i loved the Twilight saga. The Host has to be one of my favorite books of all time. i can't wait until they make it into a movie!

iaisha26

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

I've been at the movies since 6pm; I saw Twilight and New Moon for the millionth time...I'm now in the IMax theater patiently wait for Eclipse to start.

Anyone at the mid-night show? Anyone else excited as me?

MelissaAnn

Re: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

I saw it last night at midnight..only because my friend DRAGGED me with her. I hadnt seen any of the other ones or read the books. It was ok, not as cheesy as I expected. Have fun!
smiles.gif

Suzye829

Oh I can't wait to see this movie! I just want to see Taylor again! LOL

iaisha26

Bear in mind this review is from a DIE HARD Twilight fan.

The movie was AWESOME. I really liked it, I didn't have high expectations because Eclipse was my least favorite book. The book was totally a filler and read like that as well. My best friend didn't like the movie, she said it was annoying to see Edward getting played by Bella over and over and if she saw Jacon without his shirt she'd scream. Lol

It maybe hard for "non-book readers" to really get into the film because the screen play is highly based off the book, so things may come across weird or cheesy. There's no way to protray all of the emotions without it looking weird...if that makes since. Yes, it was hard for Bella because even though she knew she loved Edward, Jacob was there when he wasn't, so she had strong feelings for him too.

All and all it was a really good movie; it tops New Moon. It doesn't top Twilight becuase when Edward says "You don't know how long I've waited for you" ah my heart melted.

The best part of the moview...I got to Edward and all his porecelain beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
How was it? Did it meet your expectations?

LMD84

i'm seeing this on sunday morning with a work mates girlfriend
smiles.gif
we're both huge fans and very excited!

kaylabella

I saw it at midnight! I was very pleasantly surprised! I went in expecting it to be pretty terrible, especially since the first two films were rather bad, but I was happy with it! I was glad it stuck to the book very closely, Eclipse is my favorite of the series, and where it did change, it was well done. I am so happy with David Slade's direction; he really seemed to get the actors, especially Kristin Stewart, to act well! haha! This is definitely the best film of the three!

yazerella

I hated the first movie. Liked the second one because of Jacob. I'm worried I'll hate Eclipse because I strongly dislike both Rob Pattinson (who wasn't really in the second movie much - hence why I enjoyed it more) and Kristen Stewart. Worst actors in the world IMO.

I love book Edward. Rob Pattinson is NOT Edward. Who chose these actors?!?! Actually - the entire Cullen family are not matched very well to their actor counterparts. And Kristen Stewart? I mean, really?!

I'm gonna be quiet now, lol. Too much Twilight Saga movie hate!