Two eye brushes you can't live without!

VanillaCupcake

I'm in the process of buying my first two MAC eye brushes! But, I need some help deciding on the best ones to buy. What are your top two essential eye brushes?
msf_addict.gif

summerblue

I highly recommend the 217 (application like the 239 & blending). I have & love the 222 (crease blending brush), also, but for your 2nd brush, I'd wait to hear what others have to say. Some are going to say the 239 which, unless you have small likds, I think the 217 can do this job really well & you can use it for blending also or the 227 which is really an overall versatile face & eye brush, but only if you don't have a small lid or a small upper browbone area. Let's see what everyone else says.
smiles.gif

DollyGirl92

I have to cheat
ssad.gif
I have three! The 217, 219 and 227.

the 217 is a brush everyone says is amazing and I was always like it can't be that good, then I got it and I don't understand how I lived without it.

the 219, I adore, it's great for placing colour in the outer V and crease, under your bottom lashes and smudging out eyeliner, it's pretty decent at blending but going over with the 217 gives me a great look, and the 217 is also good at placing colour

the 227, is amazing for placing a colour all over the lid, or highlighting the brow bone or cheek bones, but I also think it's like a big magic eraser for mistakes near the brow bone, it blends away this mistakes and makes my eyeshadow just fade into my highlight colour.

I'd probably say get the 217 and 219 if you can only get two, but if you can stretch it get the 227 too unless you have very small eyes as it's fairly big. I can't live without the 217 and 219, but I'd not want to be without the 227!

Hope this helps x

xxsgtigressxx

239 and 217, 239 to pack and place color and 217 to blend, I could honestly live with just these two brushes if i had to!

obscuria

the 217. I love it so much because you can use it in different types of eyeshadows. I've been using it lately for powder eyeshadow as well as applying paint pots. I'm planning on getting two more of it.
The 239, it's your basic e/s brush, an essential in my opinion.

LC

I couldn't live without the 252 and 224.

252 is good for any emollient products such as your eyeshadow base, and can also be used for your shadows and is dense enough to pack the color on whereas the 239 can pretty much only be used for powder products.

224 IMO is a better blending brush than a 217 because it's softer and gives a more flawless blended look

AudreyNicole

I have a few MAC brushes, but the only one I use every single day is the 222. I couldn't live without it. I love it!

she

224 & 239- they were advised for my first brush purchase and are still the ones i use every day
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
217 and 227! 239 is my runner up.

Same here, except 252 is probably my runner up. Couldn't live without the 217 & 227 though. I use them everyday!

Latest posts