Two eye brushes you can't live without!

LMD84

239 and 217!
smiles.gif
freaking love these babies!
smiles.gif

summerblue

VanillaCupcake, in the interim, until you can afford the 239 or you catch a sale, pick up Loew-Cornell's #270, Maxine's Mop paint brush in the 3/8" size @ your local craft store (AC Moore, Michaels) While the goat hear is not as soft as the 239, it will do the same job as the 239. I also have this 270 in the 1/4" (for e/l smudging) & the 1/2", 3/4" & 1" & they are great for all kinds of mu application & super cheap when you catch a sale or use one of their 40-50% off coupons from your circular for from registering online.

From my previous post, if you also pick up the Revlon Contour Shadow brush which will sub for 224, you will buy yourself some purchasing time.

Funtabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlydemonik
I vote the 239 and 222. The 217 just doesn't work right for my eye but the 222 is the best blending brush I have.

I second this! I am relieved to not be the only one who prefers the 222 to the 217. I use the 222 for applying all crease colour. The 224 is great for blending it out. I only use the 217 for applying shadow in the inner corners of the eyes and occasionally for under the brow, though the 224 does a good job under the brows too.

In the end I'd say I have 3 essential brushes: 239, 222, and 224. If I had to do without one I'd go without the 239, and apply shadow to the lid with my finger or something!

Folie

For me, as someone with small eyes, and TINY eyelids, I love the 213 and the 219. If I could only have two, I'd pick those. 213 packs on color very well and I often find it shows the true color well. 213 is good for small eyes/lids. This part of the reason, despite having it, I don't reach all that much for 239. However, the 239 is good for pigments and subtle washes of color imo (However, I still only use this if I'm doing a big area.) 219, I use for outter V, can do crease very well, and for smudging. Never tried the 217, but I have the 224 and the 222. I prefer the 222 for my eyes. I think 224 works a bit better if you have like a deeper crease. So, I would go with 213 and 219, but if one has to be crease I'd say 213 and 222.